September 30th - George Wythe - Home - 7:00

October 7th - Open

October 14th - Virginia High - Away - 7:00

October 20th - Pulaski - Home - 7:00

October 28th - Blacksburg - Away - 7:00

November 4th - Marion - Away - 7:00

Playoffs TBD

State Championship game TBD

Graham should be very dangerous once again.  Just need a decent QB and a short yardage back (of course Meadows could fill both of those roles).   Line play should be very good again. Linebackers will be very good. 3 or 4 talented receivers. Secondary will be pretty solid.  Should be another physical and strong team.  I look for some of those freshmen and sophomores from last season to be much improved.

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Graham should be very dangerous once again.  Just need a decent QB and a short yardage back (of course Meadows could fill both of those roles).   Line play should be very good again. Linebackers will be very good. 3 or 4 talented receivers. Secondary will be pretty solid.  Should be another physical and strong team.  I look for some of those freshmen and sophomores from last season to be much improved.

I think they’ve been working hard in the weight room. QB is the big ? mark. Meadows is capable though. I agree that several freshmen & sophomores will be improved. They should have a solid season. 

Word I get from a close Graham fan/longtime college and fishing buddy from Bluefield tells me the G-Men will not just be good at QB, but may actually be better.  Charleston, WV, isn't a bad place to find a QB, and I've heard Graham has one on the way.  Is this rumor?  YES, because I can't prove it or know it with certainity, but just telling you what I heard and in addition to this, a possible running back transfer from Princeton.  Again, rumor?  Yes,  Taken as gospel?  No.  Literally telling you what I've been told.  That same buddy told me in late November last year that Meadows and Bradshaw were done deals for VT, and told me about the Mount View transfer running back Graham well before it happened.  So, he's been spot on more than wrong.  Disclaimer- he told me there was a good chance Cousins brother was moving back from Charlotte last year, but that didn't happen, so take it for what its worth, but regarding the QB, he says Graham will have one that is offensively, as good or better than the stud they had last year.

2 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Word I get from a close Graham fan/longtime college and fishing buddy from Bluefield tells me the G-Men will not just be good at QB, but may actually be better.  Charleston, WV, isn't a bad place to find a QB, and I've heard Graham has one on the way.  Is this rumor?  YES, because I can't prove it or know it with certainity, but just telling you what I heard and in addition to this, a possible running back transfer from Princeton.  Again, rumor?  Yes,  Taken as gospel?  No.  Literally telling you what I've been told.  That same buddy told me in late November last year that Meadows and Bradshaw were done deals for VT, and told me about the Mount View transfer running back Graham well before it happened.  So, he's been spot on more than wrong.  Disclaimer- he told me there was a good chance Cousins brother was moving back from Charlotte last year, but that didn't happen, so take it for what its worth, but regarding the QB, he says Graham will have one that is offensively, as good or better than the stud they had last year.

Well that is just a scary thought the rich just keep getting richer.. not that they really needed that help. I guess enjoy beating Graham on the diamond in the spring because its not happening on the gridiron come fall. 

35 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Well that is just a scary thought the rich just keep getting richer.. not that they really needed that help. I guess enjoy beating Graham on the diamond in the spring because its not happening on the gridiron come fall. 

I agree Jags, but again, just passing on what I was told.  In the Fall, Graham may lose 2 running backs and 2 QB and 5 lineman for all I 100% know; but since it's a High School Message Board about local sports, I felt the need to share it.  I shared on here what I was told about the Clementz kid and Mount View transfer, and Bradshaw and Meadows when my friend was spot on, and I shared when he was spot off with the discussions about Cousins.  (Pardon my spelling on these names)  so, take it for what it's worth.  It's always HEARSAY or a rumor or speculation until proven correct or incorrect. 

7 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Not coming.

8 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think Cousins' brother is like in the 6th grade anyway.  He was a toddler when Cousins played (unless I m thinking of the wrong kid.)   With or without transfers, Graham will make a deep run.  They have a lot of athletes.  Maybe more athletes then footballs to go around for them.  I think Clements will have a spectacular season running the ball this year.  He quietly got 1400+ last season.

On 4/11/2022 at 6:58 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

graham lost all wr and db except one. who do they have to fill void

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think Cousins' brother is like in the 6th grade anyway.  He was a toddler when Cousins played (unless I m thinking of the wrong kid.)   With or without transfers, Graham will make a deep run.  They have a lot of athletes.  Maybe more athletes then footballs to go around for them.  I think Clements will have a spectacular season running the ball this year.  He quietly got 1400+ last season.

the qb from charleston went to ohio to play 

On 4/12/2022 at 11:31 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

What about the RB from Princeton?  Any word on him.  The QB from Charleston I think has a Marshall offer.  Bigtime relief for Graham opponents.

The QB from Charleston has offers from Toledo and Miami of Ohio as an upcoming Junior with many more to come.  No word on any transfers from anywhere to Graham from what I hear.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:57 PM, Dobb83 said:

graham lost all wr and db except one. who do they have to fill void

Watkins returns at wr and Clements and Watkins return at db..  Graham has about 4 or 5 kids that could play db or wr for almost anybody in this area as upcoming freshmen and sophomores and a very solid sophomore LB to step in for Blevins.   The lineplay and linebacker play will once again be above average to say the least.

As you point out, the wr and db positions will be where Graham needs to develop the most throughout the season, but I think by the end of the year, they should be pretty good at those spots.  They will be young, but will have a lot of talent, but Graham is coached very well and I expect the learning curve to be very steep for those youngsters.

• 2 weeks later...

EC Glass, Salem, Blacksburg, Pulaski County to be played in some form or fashion (scrimmage or regular season.) Looks like Palmer is going back 80s, 90s, and early 2000s to his former coaches' (Glynn Carlock) approach in tusseling with the Big boys.  I remember one year when Graham scrimmaged freakin Varina, and Varina was a powerhouse then. I think Bradshaw was on that team. 

Got to hand it to Graham. Just has zero shi@s given regarding fear in playing anyone, and has been that way for decades.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

EC Glass, Salem, Blacksburg, Pulaski County to be played in some form or fashion (scrimmage or regular season.) Looks like Palmer is going back 80s, 90s, and early 2000s to his former coaches' (Glynn Carlock) approach in tusseling with the Big boys.  I remember one year when Graham scrimmaged freakin Varina, and Varina was a powerhouse then. I think Bradshaw was on that team. 

Got to hand it to Graham. Just has zero shi@s given regarding fear in playing anyone, and has been that way for decades.

Bradshaw was on that team, Belcher was the QB.  They scrimmaged Varina @ Pulaski in the Touchdown Classic.  Graham actually moved the ball very well up and down the field, however had a couple turnovers that were taken to the house by Varina and gave up a couple of big plays to Varina.  Scrimmage ended up something like 28-0, but was not a reflection of what Graham accomplished on that day.

• 3 months later...

On 4/16/2022 at 4:10 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

Watkins returns at wr and Clements and Watkins return at db..  Graham has about 4 or 5 kids that could play db or wr for almost anybody in this area as upcoming freshmen and sophomores and a very solid sophomore LB to step in for Blevins.   The lineplay and linebacker play will once again be above average to say the least.

As you point out, the wr and db positions will be where Graham needs to develop the most throughout the season, but I think by the end of the year, they should be pretty good at those spots.  They will be young, but will have a lot of talent, but Graham is coached very well and I expect the learning curve to be very steep for those youngsters.

Clements didn’t play DB last year! 

9 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

He did play some at db last season.  I was at 6 of their 10 games, in the regular season and at all of the playoff games.  I'm referring to this season.

I have to agree i dont remember seeing him out there at all after the abingdon scrimmage where he got toasted a few times. I saw, 25, 8, 1, and 23 as their DB's all season. now he may have played mop up but i dont count that.  

7 minutes ago, Hard Hitter said:

Hes not 6/2  320, He is 5'8 369 just fyi 

Every bit of 6'2" and very solid to be 320.  I didn't see any fat on him.

4 minutes ago, Hard Hitter said:

I have to agree i dont remember seeing him out there at all after the abingdon scrimmage where he got toasted a few times. I saw, 25, 8, 1, and 23 as their DB's all season. now he may have played mop up but i dont count that.  

I think he will play safety.

11 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Every bit of 6'2" and very solid to be 320.  I didn't see any fat on him.

I think he will play safety.

I think your thinking of number 17 isabelle kid whos dad played at bluefield. the kid who just moved in from texas is a big big boy. As for the safeties it will be Edwards, Floyd, corners will be watkins and tydrez. thats the rumor anyway for db