2022 9/2 Bluefield               Away
2022 9/9 Oak Hill               Away
2022 9/23 Lord Botetourt, VA               Away
2022 10/7 Hurricane               Away
2022 10/14 Woodrow Wilson               Home
2022 10/21 Bridgeport               Away
2022 10/28 Greenbrier East               Home
2022 11/4 Parkersburg South               Home

Pretty sure Bland left Giles and Galax off the schedule as well. Both will likely be looking for another game.

Auburn will also be a concern for GW, Giles and Galax. They didn't have a JV team last season and the varsity ended the season after 4 games.

I know it is not in our area but several area teams play Glenvar. Here is the Glenvar schedule.

2022 8/26 Galax               Away
2022 9/2 Martinsville               Home
2022 9/9 Cave Spring               Away
2022 9/16 Hidden Valley               Home
2022 9/23 Carroll County               Away
2022 9/30 James River               Home
2022 10/7 Floyd County               Away
2022 10/14 Alleghany               Home
2022 10/28 Radford               Away
2022 11/4 Giles               Home

7 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Keyser does not. Princeton does.  Princeton schedule is as follows:

2022 8/26 Lincoln County               Home
2022 9/2 Bluefield               Away
2022 9/9 Oak Hill               Away
2022 9/23 Lord Botetourt, VA               Away
2022 10/7 Hurricane               Away
2022 10/14 Woodrow Wilson               Home
2022 10/21 Bridgeport               Away
2022 10/28 Greenbrier East               Home
2022 11/4 Parkersburg South               Home

I think last year GW tried to schedule Princeton and they told they they don’t play 1A schools or something to that affect 

3 minutes ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

I think last year GW tried to schedule Princeton and they told they they don’t play 1A schools or something to that affect 

I don't doubt that but circumstances do change. Perhaps they are more open now??? Perhaps not.

8 hours ago, sixcat said:

Pretty sure Bland left Giles and Galax off the schedule as well. Both will likely be looking for another game.

Auburn will also be a concern for GW, Giles and Galax. They didn't have a JV team last season and the varsity ended the season after 4 games.

I doubt bland dropping Giles hurts us...think we still have north cross scheduled for them like last year...now I'd almost as soon be open as to get beat by 100 by north cross again lol

9 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I know it is not in our area but several area teams play Glenvar. Here is the Glenvar schedule.

2022 8/26 Galax               Away
2022 9/2 Martinsville               Home
2022 9/9 Cave Spring               Away
2022 9/16 Hidden Valley               Home
2022 9/23 Carroll County               Away
2022 9/30 James River               Home
2022 10/7 Floyd County               Away
2022 10/14 Alleghany               Home
2022 10/28 Radford               Away
2022 11/4 Giles               Home

That would be a good pick up.

11 hours ago, sixcat said:

Cam Akers left the Auburn program in pretty bad shape. Kids just didn't want to play for him. PC better watch out.

1 hour ago, Stranger danger said:

Cam Akers left the Auburn program in pretty bad shape. Kids just didn't want to play for him. PC better watch out.

People in Tazewell said the same thing when Shane Allen left. Dixon has a way of coaching coaches just as well as coaching players. 

14 hours ago, Pickett said:

S Allen did a very good job at Tazewell  ....he had them on way up. He just go squeezed out by local politics. He  also was an excellent ass't at Carroll for years.

I think it was a good move on Tazewell's part.  Allen has ties to the Carroll and Galax areas.  So it worked out best for both Tazewell and Allen.  It seems to me that Tazewell is on the up right now and kids are having fun and wanting to play.   Plus Tazewell  has a great group of assistants right now and that makes all the difference in the world. 

On 4/23/2022 at 6:57 PM, Pickett said:

S Allen did a very good job at Tazewell  ....he had them on way up. He just go squeezed out by local politics. He  also was an excellent ass't at Carroll for years.

Did he bring them up from their previous mess, yes.  He had a terrible work ethic that I heard about from several players and other members on the sideline.  I personally witnessed it at a Marion game the one year and couldn't believe what I saw during halftime.

17 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Did he bring them up from their previous mess, yes.  He had a terrible work ethic that I heard about from several players and other members on the sideline.  I personally witnessed it at a Marion game the one year and couldn't believe what I saw during halftime.

I can't speak to what happened at Tazewell and frankly, don't care. I can speak to Shane's work ethic while at Galax. He's the first person at the high school every morning, the last person to leave every night, and the kids have benefited greatly from his presence. 

I think this is a situation where Tazewell, Galax and Shane all benefited from a mutual separation. 

Just now, sixcat said:

I can't speak to what happened at Tazewell and frankly, don't care. I can speak to Shane's work ethic while at Galax. He's the first person at the high school every morning, the last person to leave every night, and the kids have benefited greatly from his presence. 

I think this is a situation where Tazewell, Galax and Shane all benefited from a mutual separation. 

I will also add, Shane has a 20-4 record at Galax with two state championship appearances. His loses are to Riverheads twice, Graham and Glenvar. Pretty damned good beginning to a tenure if you ask me.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I will also add, Shane has a 20-4 record at Galax with two state championship appearances. His loses are to Riverheads twice, Graham and Glenvar. Pretty damned good beginning to a tenure if you ask me.

Yeah looks like a solid coach to me...some people don't like a coach if they raise their voice (especially at their kid) and judge them just on that..boo hoo...if you wanna spoil your kid at home that's on the parents but sometimes precious little johnny is gonna get criticized for a mistake...it's ok people life will go on

20 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Yeah looks like a solid coach to me...some people don't like a coach if they raise their voice (especially at their kid) and judge them just on that..boo hoo...if you wanna spoil your kid at home that's on the parents but sometimes precious little johnny is gonna get criticized for a mistake...it's ok people life will go on

Sometimes its not a right fit and it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

What I witnessed was not yelling but was quite the opposite.  Players leaning up against the bus (they didn't go to the locker room for whatever reason) laying on the ground down by ~20 at half time and ALL the coaches just kind of shuffling around the whole time.  Never a single word said at all.  Looked and sounded more like detention than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...