AFTER THE WHISTLE - Buchanan Consolidation POLL - Logos/Mascots

bucfan64

40 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Coon Hounds Treeing Painting by Barbara

BUCHANAN COUNTY COON DOGS

Can’t wait for Coon Dogs 2: Lone Wolf this summer featuring, get this, a Democrat who maybe, probably stole an election. 

oh and we all know there will be some Tomfoolery with BCPS consolidation, giving us the final piece of the Coon Dog trilogy, Coon Dogs 3: Return of Ray

39 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

On a side note, what would be the approximate enrollment of this school and in what district would they land?

I say swd. But what would happen to honaker. They be only in district in football. Council be other in the other sports. I say honaker join swd or hogoheegee.

I really think they need to have an Appalachian-specific mascot instead of something generic

There's already too many new NOVA high schools with white bread logos and mascots & I just think we're better than that

Buchanan County (or Coal Canyon) Miners (or Mountaineers or Ridgerunners) would be awesome  

On 5/16/2022 at 10:33 PM, redtiger said:

Buchanan to the SWD with an enrollment around 750.

Honaker and Council to the Hohoheegee. 

So Council will not be a part of consolidation?  Not sure which is worse, Council to Rural Retreat or Council to Thomas Walker.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

So Council will not be a part of consolidation?  Not sure which is worse, Council to Rural Retreat or Council to Thomas Walker.

Its my understanding that it wont but I could be wrong.

If they do include Council id say half the students will just go to Honaker 

Again, a regional school system would have been SOOOOO much better 

On 5/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, 1inStripes said:

That would be a haul. Shoot me now. All region teams are about to be stacked with only Hogo members. Not looking forward to that. 

• 9 months later...

I would call the consolidated school the Buchanan Elks or Golden Elk.  The county has an actual elk herd on a restored coal site near Grundy and no VHSL school is using that mascot.  Maybe purple for Twin Valley and gold for Grundy? 

• 1 month later...