The best teams this upcoming season

BKFootball

I guess I should give mine first.

7/8 grade has to go with Central

Jv according if sykes bostic and chandler kids play jv again i have to say union wins all the jv games

varsity im going with ridgeview as long as oquinn and beavers come back over the GMen.

7/8 - Central will be very good from what I hear. 

JV - Chandler from Union will be on Varsity. Central won't be bad and neither will Union, toss up there.

Varsity - Rv is the team to beat but Abingdon will be right there with them imo.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:01 PM, Real Sasquatch said:

In the SWD, I see Graham on top and Tazewell on their heels in 2nd. (not just being a homer for the Dawgs - they should have a good year 7-3 with the schedule they have would be a great outcome).

so you have tazewll beating Ridgeview?  and what the jv and 7-8 grade levels.

58 minutes ago, redtiger said:

Ridgeview is in the M7, not the SWD 

The M7 and the SWD need to merge and just be done with it....bring back the old SWD.....

54 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I think the 2-district setup is fine.  The only thing I would change is to have John Battle merge into the SWD.

That would make the most since. It would even up the 2A schools and travel wouldnt be as much as a pain

50 minutes ago, BKFootball said:

If you put both districts together who the best team out of the two is it GMen or Ridgeview is what I am wondering?

Rv has the potential to be the Region D Champion but they will have to improve considerably from last season, they have the talent but can they do it? 

Graham lost some key players but looks to be very good again this season. Come November it will all be sorted out

2 hours ago, BKFootball said:

If you put both districts together who the best team out of the two is it GMen or Ridgeview is what I am wondering?

I would still give the edge to Graham just based on what we saw last year. Graham won that game on the line of scrimmage. They are returning 4 out of 5 linemen. Meadows is a big loss but Omari Hill looked impressive in what action he saw on D last year. Ridge view may have the flasher skill players but i would bet on the team that wins in the trenches.

47 minutes ago, Gfan said:

I would still give the edge to Graham just based on what we saw last year. Graham won that game on the line of scrimmage. They are returning 4 out of 5 linemen. Meadows is a big loss but Omari Hill looked impressive in what action he saw on D last year. Ridge view may have the flasher skill players but i would but on the team that wins in the trenches.

RV had an average OL at best.  They are big and look the part but When I watched them they seldom drove people off the ball. RV is an OL away from being serious state contenders.  Maybe it gets fixed.  Does anyone know if the rest of RV’s staff is staying or leaving?  I have to go Graham because I think their coaches are much more talented.

7 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

RV had an average OL at best.  They are big and look the part but When I watched them they seldom drove people off the ball. RV is an OL away from being serious state contenders.  Maybe it gets fixed.  Does anyone know if the rest of RV’s staff is staying or leaving?  I have to go Graham because I think their coaches are much more talented.

I read somewhere that Edwards won't be back as the OC.

1 hour ago, Observer said:

I read somewhere that Edwards won't be back as the OC.

Don’t know Edwards but I’ve thought RV would be unstoppable if they could run.  Don’t know if that was on OC or OL or a combo.  To me, RV is such a enticing package if they can come together.  People talk Beavers and Hill but I think O’Quinn kid would be a 1400 yard RB in another offense.  I’ll go so far as to say he is an All Region talent RB playing QB.  Now, throw in his passing game.  The kid is full size now and will lower his shoulder and give it to you and has “dog” attitude that will only grow as he gets older.

3 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Don’t know Edwards but I’ve thought RV would be unstoppable if they could run.  Don’t know if that was on OC or OL or a combo.  To me, RV is such a enticing package if they can come together.  People talk Beavers and Hill but I think O’Quinn kid would be a 1400 yard RB in another offense.  I’ll go so far as to say he is an All Region talent RB playing QB.  Now, throw in his passing game.  The kid is full size now and will lower his shoulder and give it to you and has “dog” attitude that will only grow as he gets older.

I didn't really see that last season. In games vs top teams they protected him and didnt have many called runs or options. Not saying that was a bad move, just that he wasn't used the way say Graham uses their QBs. Now he's a Soph and like you said full grown, it will be interesting to see how he develops. 

I'd be willing to bet that more emphasis on the run game will be at the top of the "to-do" list for Stanley

19 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

I really don't see this either the O'Quinn kid is the by far the best qb in the area got it all height speed and arm also seems to have amazing knowledge and reads.  No way in another offense he RB. He is why they talk about Beaver and Hill, him being able to move outside the pocket while always looking downfield until someone gets open is why they are so dangerous. Granted when he gets it there they can catch it but that because he moved to get them open.

2 hours ago, BKFootball said:

I really don't see this either the O'Quinn kid is the by far the best qb in the area got it all height speed and arm also seems to have amazing knowledge and reads.  No way in another offense he RB. He is why they talk about Beaver and Hill, him being able to move outside the pocket while always looking downfield until someone gets open is why they are so dangerous. Granted when he gets it there they can catch it but that because he moved to get them open.

Gents-  I’m saying that I think he is such a good runner that he COULD be all region as a RB…..not that he should be.  I’m speaking to his running ability as a true dual threat QB……it’s overlooked.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he rushes for 1000 yards and passes for 3000.  He will stress the hell out of the Defense.  Now add in Beavers who is probably the fastest player in Region D football next year as a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball and Hill who is perfect as a bigger, physical possession receiver and who will get tough yards after the catch.  The Counts kid could also be All M7 as WR. Their OL will determine how far they go…but they have three D-1 kids on offense.

5 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Gents-  I’m saying that I think he is such a good runner that he COULD be all region as a RB…..not that he should be.  I’m speaking to his running ability as a true dual threat QB……it’s overlooked.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he rushes for 1000 yards and passes for 3000.  He will stress the hell out of the Defense.  Now add in Beavers who is probably the fastest player in Region D football next year as a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball and Hill who is perfect as a bigger, physical possession receiver and who will get tough yards after the catch.  The Counts kid could also be All M7 as WR. Their OL will determine how far they go…but they have three D-1 kids on offense.

Not all those pieces will be there in August...