College Offers

BuckUp

14 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

They're building a little SWVA pipeline up there...

I think a lot of the more talented players from SWVA would fit nicely at Morehead. It could be a huge benefit to their program to recruit this often overlooked area. 

13 hours ago, redtiger said:

I think a lot of the more talented players from SWVA would fit nicely at Morehead. It could be a huge benefit to their program to recruit this often overlooked area. 

Chancellor Harris from Tazewell was named Morehead State’s mens athletics Freshman of the Year so hopefully that’s a good sign for this area 

• 3 weeks later...

247Sports published an article today listing 20 overlooked players in VHSL 1A and 2A.  The SWVA region was represented well: Brandon Beavers (WR, Ridgeview), Cassius Harris (WR, Tazewell), Connor Roberts (DE, Graham), Dustin Bott (LB, Holston) and Ian Scammel (RB, Grundy) were listed. 

11 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

247Sports published an article today listing 20 overlooked players in VHSL 1A and 2A.  The SWVA region was represented well: Brandon Beavers (WR, Ridgeview), Cassius Harris (WR, Tazewell), Connor Roberts (DE, Graham), Dustin Bott (LB, Holston) and Ian Scammel (RB, Grundy) were listed. 

Can you link the article? I was unable to find it.

Harris. I wrote on hear during his sophomore season that the kid can play D1 at some level. Why? I saw all I needed to on the video clip where the Dogs got beat up pretty good by Graham his sophomore year, but.......he caught a pass, and i think it was a little shallow crossing route if I recall correctly (memory is shaky) and he absolutely housed it pulling away from the G-Men defense. The defense he was playing against was speed filled, and you could see (in my opinion) the talent this kid had. 

Beavers just needs to get on the practice field somewhere if he's not offered by a major power 5 FBS school, I hope he walks on somewhere and turns down offers from D3 or D2 schools if this is the case. Of course, that's a personal and family decision, but if he walks on at a UVA/VT/TN/Marshall, then he will be a no scholarship athlete for about 12 months max, and that will quickly change. He's that good imo.

59 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Can you link the article? I was unable to find it.

🤫 this is a paid article.

Preps247 looks at some of the under-the-radar prospects that you should get to know in the Virginia High School League Class 1 and 2 divisions. Most of the athletes featured in this article currently do not have a Power 5 offer.

Note: This list is not in ranking order.

Brandon Beavers | Wide Receiver | Ridgeview | 5-11 | 175

Beavers caught 56 passes for 1,100 yards and 17 touchdowns during the 2021 season.

Twitter: @Beevo17

Caleb Daugherty | Wide Receiver | Central Woodstock

Cassius Harris | Wide Receiver | Tazewell | 6-2 | 177

10867874.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=240:320,offset-y0.50&width=240&height=320 (Photo: 247Sports)

Harris caught 104 passes for 1,423 yards and 11 touchdowns during the 2021 season. Richmond offered him on Jun. 6. Harris also has offers from Elon and Morehead State.

Twitter: @CassiusHarris4_

Conner Roberts | Edge | Graham | 6-3 | 245

Roberts has offers from Bluefield, Lehigh, and Emory and Henry.

Twitter: @croberts_56

Dustin Bott | Linebacker | Holston | 6-0 | 175

Dylan Alphin | Linebacker | Buffalo Gap

Ian Scammell | Running Back | Grundy | 5-10 | 185

Scammel racked up 2,261 total yards and 26 total touchdowns on offense.

Twitter: @ianscammell3

Jaden Stanley | Wide Receiver | King & Queen | 5-9 | 150

John Snider | Running Back | Parry McCluer | 6-3 | 225

Twitter: @Johnsnider40

Will Johnson | Offensive Lineman | Glenvar | 6-6 | 270

Jordan Johnson | Defensive Lineman | King & Queen | 6-2 | 245

Jordan Saunders | Cornerback | Washington & Lee | 5-10 | 160

Twitter: @1JordanSaunders

Kaiden Atkinson | Tight End | Rural Retreat | 6-2 | 205

Atkinson accounted for 348 receiving yards and six receiving touchdowns during the 2021 season. 

Twitter: @Kma_475

Kaiden Swortzel | Tight End | Floyd County | 6-3 | 220

Swortzel caught 45 passes for 727 yards and four touchdowns last season. 

Twitter: @KaidenSwortzel

Kamryn Berry | Running Back | King & Queen | 5-6 | 140

Berry carried the football 114 times for 888 yards and 16 touchdowns and caught 12 passes for 208 yards and two touchdown on offense last season. He also contributed 57 total tackles (35 solo) and caught six interceptions on defense last season. 

Twitter: @KamBerry04

Luke Bryant | Defensive End | Riverheads

Malik Holmes | Athlete | King & Queen | 5-9 | 175

Holmes was one of the top two-way players in the state of Virginia last year. As a quarterback, Holmes passed for 1,121 yards and touchdowns and rushed for 814 yards and 13 touchdowns. He racked up 100 total tackles (56 solo) and intercepted seven passes from as a defensive back.

Twitter: @MalikHolmes28

Riley Vaught | Offensive Lineman - Linebacker | Galax

Tre Robinson | Linebacker | King William

TyQuan Speight | Linebacker | King & Queen | 5-9 | 160

Twitter: @who_ty3

Wylie Johnson | Defensive Lineman | King William | 6-0 | 250

Twitter: @WylieJohnson4

Stay tuned to Preps247 for more under-the-radar prospect articles. 

A rising Rye Cove 8th grader received an offer from EKU a couple of months back.  One of the earliest offers I have seen thrown out around here.  My understanding is one ACC school has said they will be watching closely as well.

1 hour ago, 1inStripes said:

A rising Rye Cove 8th grader received an offer from EKU a couple of months back.  One of the earliest offers I have seen thrown out around here.  My understanding is one ACC school has said they will be watching closely as well.

I’ve seen him on twitter. I think it says he’s 6’7” 335 pounds 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

Riley Vaught | Offensive Lineman - Linebacker | Galax

That's a nice mention for Riley Jo but not very realistic if holding true to the "Power 5" mention in the second sentence of the article. He's as strong as an ox but the kid is maybe 5'-8" tall and doesn't weigh anywhere near the 220 pounds Galax lists him at. He could play somewhere like Ferrum or Emory & Henry but he isn't playing at a higher level than that. 

John Snider, 6'2, 225, P. McCluer was in on about 20 tackles (10 solo, 10 assist) against Giles at linebacker. The article lists him at RB, and he is one heck of a RB, but one bad dude at LB. We couldn't block him. I watched the PM/Galax game and he did much the same. Galax had one he$$ of a time keeping him out of the backfield.