College Offers

BuckUp

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

No announcement made yet, which is troubling.

At this point, unless there are some underlying issues, it might be a good option to go to a good JUCO program and go from there. The nephew of one of my best friends did that, and wound up having a really nice career at Memphis after transferring from Tennessee. 

On 6/8/2022 at 3:32 PM, 1inStripes said:

6-5 305.  Good feet for someone his size at that age also.  Look forward to seeing his progression.

Do you think he'll stay at The Cove or try to upgrade in competition? By that, I mean a private school somewhere. I hate to see local schools lose players, but it's understandable Even down here in south Florida, where the competition is really good, public schools will lose kids to schools like St. Thomas Aquinas, IMG and others. We've lost 2 local kids to IMG, including Evan Neal, who was the 7th pick in this year's draft, and another kid who signed with Florida this year. 

8 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

FCS is D1.

Was typing the same thing when you posted that.  Div 1 Football, Officially according to the NCAA is FBS and FCS as categories of D1 football, at least, that's just what I read on the NCAA website.  I also just read the Lehigh has been playing football since the late 1800's, and ranks 40th of all Div 1 teams regarding total wins. I didn't expect that.

FCS = Football Championship Subdivision (Formerly D1-AA). ETSU, North Dakota State, James Madison, William & Marry, Sam Houston State, Eastern Washington, are considered FCS schools.

FBS = Football Bowl Subdivision. Virginia Tech, UVA, Alabama, Marshall, Appalachian State, are considered FBS schools.

Division II has always been D2. UVA-Wise, Tusculum, Catawba, Concord, Glenville State, Fairmont State are considered Division II.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember. The NCAA changed the name of D1-AA to FCS and D1 to FBS in 2006. 

8 minutes ago, sixcat said:

FCS = Football Championship Subdivision (Formerly D1-AA). ETSU, North Dakota State, James Madison, William & Marry, Sam Houston State, Eastern Washington, are considered FCS schools.

FBS = Football Bowl Subdivision. Virginia Tech, UVA, Alabama, Marshall, Appalachian State, are considered FBS schools.

Division II has always been D2. UVA-Wise, Tusculum, Catawba, Concord, Glenville State, Fairmont State are considered Division II.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember. The NCAA changed the name of D1-AA to FCS and D1 to FBS in 2006. 

Exactly right now that you say it.  Wasn't thinking.  So used to calling it 2A and just was thinking D2.

19 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

FCS is D1.

18 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Was typing the same thing when you posted that.  Div 1 Football, Officially according to the NCAA is FBS and FCS as categories of D1 football, at least, that's just what I read on the NCAA website.  I also just read the Lehigh has been playing football since the late 1800's, and ranks 40th of all Div 1 teams regarding total wins. I didn't expect that.

FCS started in 1978. Originally referred to as D1-AA, the bigger schools D1-A. There are several differences between FBS and FCS.  FBS gets 85 football scholarships. FCS only gets 63 football scholarships. FBS schools must offer at least 16 sports for men and women, FCS only 14. FBS must play at least 5 home games a year against FBS schools, no such requirement for FCS. FBS has an attendance requirement, FCS doesn’t.  FBS has a Higher scheduling requirements, FCS schedule requirements are lower allowing them to schedule D2 and D3 teams. There are also differences in financial aid requirements. NCAA requires that if you want to play D1 Basketball, then your football team must participate as a FCS football school. Better money in Basketball for a lot of these schools than football.  Can’t hardly wait for that Georgia - St. Peter’s football game. You boys can call it D1 Football if want, but remember this, a jackass is a member of the Equine Family but there has never been a jackass to win the Kentucky Derby.

23 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Do you think he'll stay at The Cove or try to upgrade in competition? By that, I mean a private school somewhere. I hate to see local schools lose players, but it's understandable Even down here in south Florida, where the competition is really good, public schools will lose kids to schools like St. Thomas Aquinas, IMG and others. We've lost 2 local kids to IMG, including Evan Neal, who was the 7th pick in this year's draft, and another kid who signed with Florida this year. 

I couldn't say anything about that.  I certainly hope he stays at The Cove.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:51 AM, 1inStripes said:

A rising Rye Cove 8th grader received an offer from EKU a couple of months back.  One of the earliest offers I have seen thrown out around here.  My understanding is one ACC school has said they will be watching closely as well.

11 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Spoke to Beavers family members recently.  Couple interesting things. My bet is he stays at RV although the Richlands rumors were legit…and, get this…don’t be surprised if he pursues military over collegiate sports.

He's going to be successful whatever he does and that choice ultimately comes down to him and his family.  You are only young once.  I would love to see him put the military on hold for 12 months, and just walk on somewhere and give it a go, for example, Marshall, Eastern Kentucky, Liberty.  In my opinion, he gets a roster spot and has his education paid for after year one and will not just make the roster, but be a starter by his junior year.  If it doesn't work out, the military has tuitiion reimbursement where his first year or first 18 months of college will be paid for anyway and the debt wiped out.  I think he has far too much talent not to give it a go.  Only my opinion as an outsider, and I admit, I have no clue of his mindset or desires for the future or family situation, etc.  That's a personal-family decision that a fan looking from afar has no clue about.  If he loves the military and wants to serve out of High School and that's a huge life motivator, then he should absolutely go for it.  But from an outsiders point of view as a fan only, that Kid can play major college football.  

1 hour ago, T8KNDookeez said:

😕???

Graham gets Bluefield Beaver transfer RB and LB and Jamel Floyd, and upcoming sophomore who is really, really good.  Started as a freshman last year for the Beavers and made a whole lot of tackles on Defense, and runs a 4.5-4.6.  If he runs closer to a 4.5, that kind of speed likely (my guess only) would put him in the conversation as the fastest kid on Graham's football team.  The Hudl clips are kind of scary for a kid that was a true freshman at the time of the filming, and playing/starting as a freshman on a team that isn't/wasn't what you could call average in the Bluefield Beavers.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16219512/Jamel-Floyd-jr