7 on 7

Gridiron60

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, EH31 said:

Honaker hosting a 7 on 7 today at 2:00.

Honaker, Tazewell, Graham & 1 other team (Lebanon - I think) will be participating.

I hear that Tazewell’s resting some of their key players.  Virginia Tech has its football camp tomorrow, and a few of the guys need to be in tip top shape for it.

10 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

I was there watching, graham looked good and torched Tazewell a few times and it looked liked Tazewell packed up and when home early not sure why.

See the post directly above yours.  No use to wear yourself out at a meaningless 7-on-7 when the stakes are much bigger the following day.

14 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

I was there watching, graham looked good and torched Tazewell a few times and it looked liked Tazewell packed up and when home early not sure why.

Bulldogs didn’t play Harris or McDonald at all vs. Graham and it didn’t look like the Noel kid was there. I overheard a guy watching the game say  2 of the defensive backs that played against Graham hadn’t played football before now. But yea it looked like tazewell played both their games and went ahead and left. 

1 hour ago, Hokies1977 said:

Bulldogs didn’t play Harris or McDonald at all vs. Graham and it didn’t look like the Noel kid was there. I overheard a guy watching the game say  2 of the defensive backs that played against Graham hadn’t played football before now. But yea it looked like tazewell played both their games and went ahead and left. 

The 3 kids you name have higher aspirations than balling out against local teams in 7-on-7 games.  Harris is on the verge of getting better offers than Elon and Richmond.  McDonald has D1 measurables despite being just a sophomore.  Noel can fly too, having been a part of those Bulldog relay teams that showed out this spring.  

Not saying all 3 of those young men are going to a major FBS school, but the VaTech camp was a big draw for them, and they wanted to be 100% for it.

6 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Harris is on the verge of getting better offers than Elon and Richmond.  McDonald

Going to change bigtime shortly.  Kid is too good.  No offense to Elon and Rchmond, but he's playing at a higher level than both.  Mark that one down.  Needs to gain weight though, which he will.  I think he's a buck 70 or a buck 75.  Needs to get to 190 and he's going to play FBS football somewhere, assuming no injuries, which applies to any prospect trying to get the bigtime offer or offers, but he's going to get some.  I just hope they put a bunch of games on NFHS like they did in Hoops season so I can click on these kids and watch em play.

On 6/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, UVAObserver said:

The 3 kids you name have higher aspirations than balling out against local teams in 7-on-7 games.  Harris is on the verge of getting better offers than Elon and Richmond.  McDonald has D1 measurables despite being just a sophomore.  Noel can fly too, having been a part of those Bulldog relay teams that showed out this spring.  

Not saying all 3 of those young men are going to a major FBS school, but the VaTech camp was a big draw for them, and they wanted to be 100% for it.

it was a $40 camp anyone could go to! if its not a junior invitation then doesn't really mean anything. Graham had kids go to the last two. Also, if you cant run 10 plays then go to an open to the public camp somethings wrong. just saying 

20 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Going to change bigtime shortly.  Kid is too good.  No offense to Elon and Rchmond, but he's playing at a higher level than both.  Mark that one down.  Needs to gain weight though, which he will.  I think he's a buck 70 or a buck 75.  Needs to get to 190 and he's going to play FBS football somewhere, assuming no injuries, which applies to any prospect trying to get the bigtime offer or offers, but he's going to get some.  I just hope they put a bunch of games on NFHS like they did in Hoops season so I can click on these kids and watch em play.

They are still doing NFHS as far as I know.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They are still doing NFHS as far as I know.

If the game is in SWVA and on NHFS, and it's of any meaning......"D1 players, two decent teams, historically good teams, etc" then I usually will catch some of it by the time Monday morning comes around.  I like watching High School Football better than any other sport in the world.  

26 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

If the game is in SWVA and on NHFS, and it's of any meaning......"D1 players, two decent teams, historically good teams, etc" then I usually will catch some of it by the time Monday morning comes around.  I like watching High School Football better than any other sport in the world.  

You and me both.  

On 6/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, Dobb83 said:

it was a $40 camp anyone could go to! if its not a junior invitation then doesn't really mean anything. Graham had kids go to the last two. Also, if you cant run 10 plays then go to an open to the public camp somethings wrong. just saying 

Conner Roberts just got a PWO offer after attending that $40 camp.  They had stopped by to talk to him at the school a few weeks back on their way to see Harris at Tazewell on the same day.  $40 camp or not, they have VT coaches there and if they see talent, they are not naive enough to not notice.  Congrats to that young man.