Head coaches

Smitty

On 6/17/2022 at 8:43 AM, stantheman said:

my guess is cody compton will take over the lebanon job

I agree, I think Coach Compton will be the next coach at LHS. He is well liked and the team will definitely succeed with him at thr helm. I also know,  he knows the game of baseball inside and out. 

• 1 month later...

Graham and Richlands are still without coaches. Both of their baseball programs are struggling, Graham’s coach Ronnie Davis left those boys before the season ended and everyone knows Aaron Buchanan is a train wreck. Hope they can find someone that will work to get these teams back on track. 

On 8/1/2022 at 6:44 AM, Smitty said:

Graham and Richlands are still without coaches. Both of their baseball programs are struggling, Graham’s coach Ronnie Davis left those boys before the season ended and everyone knows Aaron Buchanan is a train wreck. Hope they can find someone that will work to get these teams back on track. 

Graham’s problem is the lack of culture, and any coach who settles in there better not care about the W/L record for 5-6 years.  Kids in Bluefield are finally starting to play travel ball and change that culture, but it’s going to take time.  There is some promise for the future though.

• 3 weeks later...

Bluefield needs to set up a good USSSA site and tournament location like the Tri cities has in Kingsport and Bristol….and now Abingdon with the PG league.  Until then that area will always lag behind the Bristol area and you see it in Region 2D baseball.  All the good teams from both the M7 and SWD are closer to Bristol (Va High, Abingdon, Battle, Gate City, Central). 

• 4 weeks later...

12 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Steve Villani has been named the new baseball coach at Ridgeview.  He’s a transplant from Texas.  It will be interesting to see what he does with that program.  Hearing good things.

I have also heard good things about Coach V.  Maybe Ridgeview finally has somebody that actually cares about the baseball program instead of somebody that is just filling a position.