9/16 River View, WV               Away
9/23 Tug Valley, WV               Home
9/30 Betsy Layne, KY               Home
10/14 Honaker               Home
10/21 Grundy               Home
10/28 Montcalm, WV               Home
11/4 Twin Valley               Away

4 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Five Virginia teams, three WV and 2 KY.  I’m curious how many other teams play a schedule with three different states represented.

Castlewood has North Greene (TN) and Pikeville (KY) on their schedule, and it's not unusual for Twin Valley, Thomas Walker, and Lee to have 3 different states on their schedule.

I just glimpsed at the Master Schedule from last season, I figured one of the NOVA schools would have 3(with Wav, Maryland, and D.C.being so close) but didn't see any.

Tug Valley, Wv, *The mighty Hatifields" even thought that's not there nickname, it should be, doesn't have 5 out of state teams on the schedule like Hurley, but they do play 4 states.  They play a team from Kentucky, Virginia, Ohio, and 7 from their home state of WV this coming year.  And.....that one team from Virginia they play is Hurley.  In 2021, Linsly, WV, played 7 schools from Ohio, 2 from PA, and only 1 school from West Virginia which was Fairmont Senior.  Linsly finished 5-5, and one of their 5 wins was over Fairmont Senior who won the West Virginia AA State Title.

Martinsburg, WV, is another that plays a big out of state schedule.  In 2018 and 2019, they played 2 from Virginia, 2 from PA, and 1 from DC for 5 of their 10 regular season game on both years, and of course, they ran the table on all of them, including the teams they played in WV in a bad way.

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Tug Valley, Wv, *The mighty Hatifields" even thought that's not there nickname, it should be, doesn't have 5 out of state teams on the schedule like Hurley, but they do play 4 states.  They play a team from Kentucky, Virginia, Ohio, and 7 from their home state of WV this coming year.  And.....that one team from Virginia they play is Hurley.  In 2021, Linsly, WV, played 7 schools from Ohio, 2 from PA, and only 1 school from West Virginia which was Fairmont Senior.  Linsly finished 5-5, and one of their 5 wins was over Fairmont Senior who won the West Virginia AA State Title.

Martinsburg, WV, is another that plays a big out of state schedule.  In 2018 and 2019, they played 2 from Virginia, 2 from PA, and 1 from DC for 5 of their 10 regular season game on both years, and of course, they ran the table on all of them, including the teams they played in WV in a bad way.

I bet the Boys down at Naugatuck was get a real “kick” out of a comedian like you. What do you think Mr. G-Man?

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Bluefield plays five Virginia schools this year.

Interestingly enough, you’d figure TN High would play a few more VA teams.  I think it’s just been Abingdon.  I’d like to see Union or Ridgeview on their schedule occasionally.  But, it’s a lot easier for them to fill out a full schedule with TN teams than it is for Bluefield to fill theirs out with WV teams.  While we’re at it, let’s schedule Bluefield to play TN High!

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

Interestingly enough, you’d figure TN High would play a few more VA teams.  I think it’s just been Abingdon.  I’d like to see Union or Ridgeview on their schedule occasionally.  But, it’s a lot easier for them to fill out a full schedule with TN teams than it is for Bluefield to fill theirs out with WV teams.  While we’re at it, let’s schedule Bluefield to play TN High!

Union and TN HIgh tried to a home and home going back when they were scrimmaging every year, but they couldn't get the calendar to agree. I would have loved to play a real game in the Stone Castle.

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Bluefield has been trying to schedule Tennessee High for years. Let's just say it hasn't worked out.

TN High isn't what they used to be. Enrollment and talent have been going down for a while. It would be a haul, but would love to see Bluefield play Elizabethton or Greenville.

45 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

TN High isn't what they used to be. Enrollment and talent have been going down for a while. It would be a haul, but would love to see Bluefield play Elizabethton or Greenville.

I enjoyed the Bluefield/ Ridgeview game.  Glad to see them get out of the SWD and play some M7 teams.  That game this year is at Mitchell stadium and should be a game featuring D-1/ D-2 talent all over the field.

54 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Union and TN HIgh tried to a home and home going back when they were scrimmaging every year, but they couldn't get the calendar to agree. I would have loved to play a real game in the Stone Castle.

I went down and watched a game at the Stone Castle back in 2020, incredible facility.

Was not terribly impressed with TN High that night. 

Uncle Percy says, You Mamby Pamby Millennials and Generation Zers don’t know this because you were still playing in the sand box and some of you were still wearing Pampers, but Tennessee High got their fill of Va Football during the 1999 and 2000 seasons. They scheduled home-away games with Gate City, Graham and Grundy. They went 1-5. Barely beat a Rebuilding 2000 Graham team (5-5) or could have been 0-6. Tennessee High doesn’t want to play any Va schools unless they from around Bristol. And They definitely don’t want “The Flattails”.