Hogo predictions

Pioneer

What are your thoughts on who is the best teams? How will the rankings play out?

What team will be the most improved from last season? 

Im not saying Lebanon will win the district. They've got a long way to go yet, but I see them being one of the most improved teams. They've got a good freshman qb who has potential to be really good. They have got good athletes and much of the team is returning from last season. I could see them winning 5 games or so. 

• 4 weeks later...

48 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Is there any reason to believe that the 1A final won’t be Riverheads vs. Galax? 

That's the most probable outcome. Riverheads has a new head coach but I doubt they miss a beat. This is the year Galax has been building toward for quite a while but they will still need some help to get past Riverheads in my opinion.

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

That's the most probable outcome. Riverheads has a new head coach but I doubt they miss a beat. This is the year Galax has been building toward for quite a while but they will still need some help to get past Riverheads in my opinion.

I think Ridgeview has Galax have there 1st scrimmage this season together. If true it should be a high quality scrimmage for both teams

8 minutes ago, Counts said:

I think Ridgeview has Galax have there 1st scrimmage this season together. If true it should be a high quality scrimmage for both teams

You don't need to think anymore. It's true. It's August 12 at 5PM at George Wythe High School.

On an interesting note, Galax will host Hedgesville, WV on August 19th for a Benefit Game. Hell of a haul from Martinsburg, WV to Galax.

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

Heard Galax didn't look good in 7v7 vs Pulaski, they only scored 1 td, final was 7 to 1. I know, I know 7v7 but need to score more than 1 TD if going back to state. 

It seems like only two teams is C, any other teams have a shot? besides Giles and Galax, good buddy of mine thinks GW should be in mix. He said they return all 11 starters and get a skilled kid back who missed with most of the season with injury. Not to familiar with the schools down there but seems galax is champ until someone walks the isle and takes it. 

47 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Heck yea there is a reason to believe Galax will not be in the 1A finals if you are a Giles fan.  Now admittingly, believing is more closely related to hoping. 

We aren't beating Galax this year...heard some bad news recently...not sure if we will be any good this year or not 

13 minutes ago, Hard Hitter said:

It seems like only two teams is C, any other teams have a shot? besides Giles and Galax, good buddy of mine thinks GW should be in mix. He said they return all 11 starters and get a skilled kid back who missed with most of the season with injury. Not to familiar with the schools down there but seems galax is champ until someone walks the isle and takes it. 

Galax is the king until beaten....I think GW will finish 2nd but still be behind the maroon tide

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

You don't need to think anymore. It's true. It's August 12 at 5PM at George Wythe High School.

On an interesting note, Galax will host Hedgesville, WV on August 19th for a Benefit Game. Hell of a haul from Martinsburg, WV to Galax.

Is that a jamboree at George Wythe, and if so, who all will be there?

15 hours ago, Hard Hitter said:

Heard Galax didn't look good in 7v7 vs Pulaski, they only scored 1 td, final was 7 to 1. I know, I know 7v7 but need to score more than 1 TD if going back to state. 

Most people have figured out by now, never pay attention to what Galax does during 7-on-7 or scrimmages. The kids playing are rarely starters and hardly ever playing their true position (starter or not). 7-on-7 and scrimmages are used explicitly for building depth and finding out what other positions players can play in case of injury. 

I remember several years ago, Galax struggled mightily in the benefit game against a very bad Floyd team. Galax won but the final score was something like 38-35. Message board geniuses were out in force predicting the demise of the Galax program. The run was over according to the keyboard warriors. What anyone in attendance saw, was a Galax team that never played a single member of the core of its lineup. It was mostly the previous season's JV kids with a few upperclassmen needing experience and reps mixed in. The next two weeks, Galax beat Glenvar 31-18 and Radford 48-3. 

On 7/26/2022 at 8:30 AM, sixcat said:

Most people have figured out by now, never pay attention to what Galax does during 7-on-7 or scrimmages. The kids playing are rarely starters and hardly ever playing their true position (starter or not). 7-on-7 and scrimmages are used explicitly for building depth and finding out what other positions players can play in case of injury. 

I remember several years ago, Galax struggled mightily in the benefit game against a very bad Floyd team. Galax won but the final score was something like 38-35. Message board geniuses were out in force predicting the demise of the Galax program. The run was over according to the keyboard warriors. What anyone in attendance saw, was a Galax team that never played a single member of the core of its lineup. It was mostly the previous season's JV kids with a few upperclassmen needing experience and reps mixed in. The next two weeks, Galax beat Glenvar 31-18 and Radford 48-3. 

Unpossible!  Teams never, ever hold their best players out for any reason for these 7-on-7 scrimmages.  The results of these 7-on-7 scrimmages translate perfectly, with causation, to regular season results!

On 7/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, UVAObserver said:

Unpossible!  Teams never, ever hold their best players out for any reason for these 7-on-7 scrimmages.  The results of these 7-on-7 scrimmages translate perfectly, with causation, to regular season results!

All I know is after watching the taz bulldog radio newtork on facebook Tazewell might want to cancel the Riverheads game or ask to play JV. They will smoke you all by 70!!!