Appalachian HS Football Mobile Game!

V-Cats

A few years ago I discovered a basic text-based college football simulator on the Android app store and have played it quite a bit since then

I finally got around to making a custom league within the game (which you can do, but with pretty strict parameters) and I made a 92-team league comprised of teams from Southwest Virginia, Southern West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, and Northeast Tennessee

The team ratings have to start between 25 and 95, so I used the 5-year CalPreps average for each school and did a linear regression (yay math) to make them fit the range

The link to download the app is here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=antdroid.cfbcoach

The link for the custom game is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tDkmVhiVL_Zr68PmkSW_CrXkdjJr10zNj3GqvHRjiFQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Open the link and download it as a CSV file

Once you open the app, select Custom Game and select the CSV file you downloaded

Select no for custom roster/coaches (coming soon!) and you're good to go

I hope y'all enjoy it, please leave me any feedback you have and feel free to play around with the numbers/conferences/etc

A few additional notes:

There is an iPhone version of the app and an updated Android version but neither are as customizable as the version I use

The minimum number of teams in a league is 84, max is 130

Minimum number of teams in a conference is 8, maximum is 16 & the number has to be even (8, 10, 12, etc) with divisions

I had to get a bit creative with how I split teams into conferences but feel free to play around with it