Scrimmages/Benefit games

redtiger

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Good lordy

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Apparently, some guy was drunk causing a scene and they were taking him out and found out he had a gun on him. They ended up canceling the fireworks. I'm not sure if the rest of it was cut short or not. If this information is inaccurate, someone from Richlands, please 

There was a drunk guy and he fired a gun outside of the stadium and ran from the police on foot behind taco bell. If what my sources said.

3 minutes ago, buck_up said:

There was a drunk guy and he fired a gun outside of the stadium and ran from the police on foot behind taco bell. If what my sources said.

Thanks for clarification, I was hearing it second or third hand. But jeez Louise, what the heck is wrong with people.  I doubt that would have happened if it was just a normal blue/white game but maybe it would have. People are crazy these days.  

24 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I hope you are not referring to Bluefield West. 😂

Not in particular.  There was a young man from Mt. View who lost his life due to violence recently, he had just graduated.  There was a terrible incident at the Mountain festival where a young teen got severely injured as well.  I think it is very sad.  The incident at Richlands yesterday makes you think a bit as well.  Yes, some of those things on that list are ridiculous, but if some of the more sensible precautions save one person from being injured or killed, I don't mind to be inconvenienced, even more than just a little bit.  I think safety should be the #1 issue at any event.

58 minutes ago, buck_up said:

The scrimmage was over. Everything went off without a hitch all day until the end. Varsity got done and everyone started to leave except those staying for the dance party and fireworks. 

Two guys came in as the dance party was starting and were apparently very, very much drunk. 

I’ve never heard that the guy fired the gun, just that he had it in the stands. Someone kicked him out of the stadium and something happened on the way out. They got in a car and fled the area, but apparently flipped the car pretty quick. Then they took off on foot. 

They caught both guys but while they were searching for them, they did lock down the stadium and then sent everyone home. So the only things that didn't happen were the dance party & fireworks. 

But yeah, that safety list will 10000% be passed now. 

All that junk aside, it was had to get much of a read on the Blues (as expected). They had 20 boys in street clothes being held out for various reasons. I expect Brown to have a big year, but the season will likely hinge on how quickly Simmons comes along at QB with basically an entirely new cast of WR. Have to have some sort of passing game to make a defense not just load the box against Brown. 

On 8/5/2022 at 7:41 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

What time is Ridgeview vs Galax (playing at George Wythe) on the 12th?  I read where Richlands plays George Wythe (at George Wythe at 4pm).  I'm assuming all 4 teams will be at George Wythe that day.  Is Galax vs Ridgeview before Richlands vs GW, or is it After Richlands vs GW?  If Giles and Hidden Valley is on NFHS, I will watch it on my phone and probably head to George Wythe if all 4 of these teams are there.  I also see where Tazewell is at Radford on the same day at 7pm, so if anyone knows the Galax vs Ridgeview game time, please post it.  If it's before Richlands and GW play at 4 pm, then I might be able to swing heading over to Radford and Tazewell by 7pm, and watching the Bandana Bunch on my phone.  This would start me out of the gate with watching 8 teams on the 12th, and I'm all for it.  I'm sick of the summer with politics, war, economy, and no football.  I'm coming out of the gate early this year!

So Richlands is trading in scrimmaging the likes of Belfry and higher classifications for all 1A. That should be beneficial.

16 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

The scrimmage was over. Everything went off without a hitch all day until the end. Varsity got done and everyone started to leave except those staying for the dance party and fireworks. 

Two guys came in as the dance party was starting and were apparently very, very much drunk. 

I’ve never heard that the guy fired the gun, just that he had it in the stands. Someone kicked him out of the stadium and something happened on the way out. They got in a car and fled the area, but apparently flipped the car pretty quick. Then they took off on foot. 

They caught both guys but while they were searching for them, they did lock down the stadium and then sent everyone home. So the only things that didn't happen were the dance party & fireworks. 

But yeah, that safety list will 10000% be passed now. 

Does anyone have a copy of that safety list? i hear it is extensive.

36 minutes ago, Tru Blue 72 said:

Does anyone have a copy of that safety list? i hear it is extensive.

What I seen was a list on Facebook. I don't remember who shared it either. Apparently it hadn't been voted on or approved yet. I'd say after the Blue/White game incident there will be some revisions to it. 

32 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

What I seen was a list on Facebook. I don't remember who shared it either. Apparently it hadn't been voted on or approved yet. I'd say after the Blue/White game incident there will be some revisions to it. 

I’d say all those ladies complaining about clear purses will be having to carry said clear purses after this past weekend at the Blue/White Festival. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Football said:

My understanding is it will be voted on at the meeting tonight.  I know quite a few that will be attending speaking up against it.  I just say use a bit of common sense instead of being ridiculous on some of the stuff.  Stuff like no outside food or drinks is crazy.  What is wrong with stopping at McDs and heading into Mitchell Stadium with some nuggets???

Probably shouldn't tell this one on myself but I always have a knife clipped on my pocket and never thought anything about just walking into the games wherever it was at.  Now have to make sure I don't forget to take it off.  I see attendance for the Taz Co games being down at least some.  Lots of those stadium seats that will now be illegal plus umbrellas.  If it even thinks about raining, the stands will be empty.  Lastly, what the crap is wrong with bringing in a cowbell???   One of the political candidates was giving them out at the games a few years back.

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

My understanding is it will be voted on at the meeting tonight.  I know quite a few that will be attending speaking up against it.  I just say use a bit of common sense instead of being ridiculous on some of the stuff.  Stuff like no outside food or drinks is crazy.  What is wrong with stopping at McDs and heading into Mitchell Stadium with some nuggets???

Probably shouldn't tell this one on myself but I always have a knife clipped on my pocket and never thought anything about just walking into the games wherever it was at.  Now have to make sure I don't forget to take it off.  I see attendance for the Taz Co games being down at least some.  Lots of those stadium seats that will now be illegal plus umbrellas.  If it even thinks about raining, the stands will be empty.  Lastly, what the crap is wrong with bringing in a cowbell???   One of the political candidates was giving them out at the games a few years back.

I have taken a pocket knife to many games. Never really thought anything of it. Why are they banning cameras with detachable lenses? There will be some pretty upset kids if Emily Ball can't take their pictures lol.

Going to be a pretty lively meeting between this policy being voted on and the Richlands folks coming in mass to get Coach Lowe reinstated as girls basketball coach. Between those two things FB has been up in arms. Hopefully, level heads prevail tonight. 

Stuff like no outside food or drinks is crazy.  What is wrong with stopping at McDs and heading into Mitchell Stadium with some nuggets???

Not arguing the reason on why outside food should be or should not be allowed but to comment on what’s wrong with bringing McNuggets into a game is that if you are doing that then you’re most likely not visiting the concession stand. The concession stand is a great way (at most schools) to raise money & provide funding for the programs that the school system itself does not provide. 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

Not arguing the reason on why outside food should be or should not be allowed but to comment on what’s wrong with bringing McNuggets into a game is that if you are doing that then you’re most likely not visiting the concession stand. The concession stand is a great way (at most schools) to raise money & provide funding for the programs that the school system itself does not provide. 

And the fundraisers usually benefit the sports programs or the band.  It is money well spent.  In this area, the schools operate on a shoe string budget.

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

And the fundraisers usually benefit the sports programs or the band.  It is money well spent.  In this area, the schools operate on a shoe string budget.

This. It’s why I always eat from the concession stands when we go to football games or band competitions.