Region 1C Predictions

SWVAgridiron

While scrimmages have not started, I’m curious to see what your 1C early predictions are for the top 3. Here’s mine:

1. Galax - I’m not sure what all the Tide has returning but after dominating the region for 5+ consecutive years, they will remain at the top until beaten. They will once again be playing a very tough schedule which consist of Glenvar, Graham, and Radford. They should be ready come playoff time.

2. Parry McCleur - From what I remember seeing last season, they’re returning most of their line and backfield. They had a heck of a season last year as they went on a 9 game winning streak before falling to Galax 14-0 in the Region Championship. I think they have the best chance at de-throning the Tide in 1C.

3. Giles/GW - The Maroons were very young last year but you could see the talent and speed they had. Looking forward to another battle when they come to Pearisburg in Week 3. For Giles, we should have a very good line this season as we returned most but it will be hard replacing Fleeman with a sophomore that didn’t get any snaps at tailback last season(I don’t think). We will be returning our starting fullback.

All but one of PM line graduated. Although The big RB and QB are back. 

GW has just about everyone back from a talented squad last year. Will be a very tuff opponent if they gel. 

Galax lost their QB who was a first year starter but a monster on defense and one RB. Although word is the Freshman QB is supposed to be the most exciting thing to come through Galax in a long time. 

49 minutes ago, Optimal62 said:

Galax lost their QB who was a first year starter but a monster on defense and one RB. Although word is the Freshman QB is supposed to be the most exciting thing to come through Galax in a long time. 

The freshman is Tommy Jones. He is a special “once a generation” athlete. He’s not quite ready to be the starter yet. Senior Mason Cox will start but I’m sure Jones will see some action. 

McCluer lost 4 of 5 from tackle to tackle, but they return most of their skilled positions guys including the QB, RB WR's, Linebackers and Defensive secondary. Them and GW will be a close toss up type game in my opinion. I would pick PM, but could go either way. I know many may not believe thus, but the guy they now have in charge as the Head Coach will be more effective/smarter than the guy they had last year (who wasn't bad). Only my opinions.