Scrimmage Results

Spartan winger

57 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I got here a bit late but since I’ve been here Graham has scores twice & Gate City just scored but shouldn’t have. Graham let him slip through. 

Gate City isn’t playing terribly. It’s a really decent showing in my opinion considering past few seasons. Graham is a tough scrimmage. I think GMen defense is going to be nasty once again. 

5 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Mt. Airy is the real deal. IMO they were best team here followed by Ridgeview then Narrows. 

To have Narrows mentioned in that way, it speaks well.  I was, and still am, about struggling in the trenches similar to last year.  Eager to see how the other hour of play turns out tonight.

Just now, SW_VA_boy said:

To have Narrows mentioned in that way, it speaks well.  I was, and still am, about struggling in the trenches similar to last year.  Eager to see how the other hour of play turns out tonight.

Narrows inside run game was a struggle. But their defense player very physical and disciplined against Richlands. They play GW at 8 so we will see how they match up with them.

13 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Mt. Airy is as advertised. They made RV look average. And we all know they are not average. Kid straight up jumped over a CB on the way to the endzone. They’re legit. 

Beavers did have a nice TD catch. 

My. Airy is a traditional powerhouse in NC. They always have a couple of D1 players. I don’t think they have had an average season in 30 years. 

Final from Radford

Varsity

Radford 21 - Tazewell 0

JV

Radford 7

Tazewell 0

Radford jv did have 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns that didn't count in the scrimmage.

Couldn't tell much from the scrimmage.  Harris was only targeted 2 or 3 times, he sat out most of the scrimmage.  Most of Tazewells' plays were working on routes with the younger receivers.  Defense gave up a couple of big plays.  A lot of mistakes by both teams, typical first scrimmage.

My Airy is an established program and you could tell.  They don’t miss a day in the gym and they are well coached at each position.  They also have a lot of good looking athletes.  

The 1’s vs 1’s in the Mt Airy/ Ridgeview game ended 7-7.  Ridgeview only went 10 plays with there offensive starters and 10 with D starters.  The minute the 2’s subbed in it looked like a varsity against little league game.  Not much of a drop off from Airy’s 1st to 2nd. Ridgeview has no depth….their subs were small and not very skilled.  

Ridgeview scored on a deep fade to Beavers who was facing a good DB who was pressing him.  Mt Airy scored on a beautiful cut back move from the RB on an option play RV had defended well.  Kid made a beautiful cut and took it about 25 yards as the defense over pursued.  I actually thought RV’s starting D fared well against Mt Airy’s starting O.