Graham Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

This game scares me. While we did beat Bluefield, I do think people are giving Bluefield to much credit. If you take away the trick pass plays, Graham wins that game by a lot more. In my personal opinion, the reason Bluefield relied on trick pass plays was due to the fact they could do nothing else on offense, but hey it worked for them. I am not saying Bluefield is bad, but I can easily see them losing 3-4 games this year, another one being Friday night against Princeton. 

Playing at Tazewell, even when they are down, is never easy. They always seem to pack the place whenever it is against the G-Men. Graham has to play a full game of football, not just a great first half. Tazewell is going to throw some punches and they are fired up. If Graham can tweak some things on defense by defending the pass better, then I think Graham wins by 3+ td's. If they give up huge plays like they did against Bluefield, then Tazewell can keep it close. Looking forward to a great injury free game and hoping the good guys can make it 10 straight W's against the dawgs.

20 minutes ago, bgibb said:

This game scares me. While we did beat Bluefield, I do think people are giving Bluefield to much credit. If you take away the trick pass plays, Graham wins that game by a lot more. In my personal opinion, the reason Bluefield relied on trick pass plays was due to the fact they could do nothing else on offense, but hey it worked for them. I am not saying Bluefield is bad, but I can easily see them losing 3-4 games this year, another one being Friday night against Princeton. 

Playing at Tazewell, even when they are down, is never easy. They always seem to pack the place whenever it is against the G-Men. Graham has to play a full game of football, not just a great first half. Tazewell is going to throw some punches and they are fired up. If Graham can tweak some things on defense by defending the pass better, then I think Graham wins by 3+ td's. If they give up huge plays like they did against Bluefield, then Tazewell can keep it close. Looking forward to a great injury free game and hoping the good guys can make it 10 straight W's against the dawgs.

you guys at graham better hope Tydrez stays healthy if not its over for you all. sorry but he is you offense

7 hours ago, CPF said:

It will be closer to this.Tazewell isn't playing a pee wee team this week.

…….

#OldTakesExposed

On 8/20/2022 at 12:29 PM, CPF said:

Va High 34

Tazewell 13

On 8/20/2022 at 7:57 AM, CPF said:

Graham is going to straight out run over beaver.Just like last year. The only thing that will make it close is if Hairston can hit the corner. Between the tackles it's not happening. This might be the best graham defense in years. Graham 28 Bluefield 6.

6 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

you guys at graham better hope Tydrez stays healthy if not its over for you all. sorry but he is you offense

Tydrez is a huge part of the offense, but I disagree here. Not knowing his backups, it may not be plug and play but based on what I saw a decent backup can still rack up some yardage with the line play. Those long runs may not be there but I still see around 5 yards per carry. A couple of those are good enough to move the chains IF there isn’t a illegal procedure/holding/delay of game/personal foul to overcome 

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

It was 27-6 before the half. Beaver started playing well. They are still Beaver. I'll own the VA High pick. I thought they had improved. Guess we will see about the rest.

#OldTakesExposed

Dogs with the upset,  lead 13-7 at half. 

Gmen respond in the 2nd half 35 unanswered with 2 pick 6s and a punt return mixed in there somewhere.  Ol tim Woodward sneaks on the field and makes an impact. 

Good luck to both,  should be a good one with 1 score near the end to decide this one. 

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dogs with the upset,  lead 13-7 at half. 

Gmen respond in the 2nd half 35 unanswered with 2 pick 6s and a punt return mixed in there somewhere.  Ol tim Woodward sneaks on the field and makes an impact. 

Good luck to both,  should be a good one with 1 score near the end to decide this one. 

Well we know where one of the missing Palantir is now.

Graham 35

Tazewell 17

Line play will be the determining factor.  If Graham is penalty ridden and turns it over several times, it might be a different score but GMen do well in the trenches. They are well coached, athletic, conditioned, &  consistent with the weight room. Tazewell may be  also, I don't know.  Graham's  OL/DL are very good this year with some depth. I think that will be key this game. 

I know I'm going to stir the pot by saying this but I do ask this question in all sincerity.

How can you say a team is well coached when they are riddled with penalties, especially PF types.  To me that is on the coaches to nip those in the bud and make sure they don't happen excessively.  As far as procedural penalties go, to me that goes on coaches as well.  I know penalties are going to happen on a few occasions but anything excessive is something to be coached and worked on.

Just now, stu_bean said:

I know I'm going to stir the pot by saying this but I do ask this question in all sincerity.

How can you say a team is well coached when they are riddled with penalties, especially PF types.  To me that is on the coaches to nip those in the bud and make sure they don't happen excessively.  As far as procedural penalties go, to me that goes on coaches as well.  I know penalties are going to happen on a few occasions but anything excessive is something to be coached and worked on.

Graham only had 1 personal foul for a late hit or similar infraction and it was a very questionable call on the Bluefield sidelines. They had a PF for a chop block as well. Graham's main penalty issue is holding. 

1 minute ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Graham only had 1 personal foul for a late hit or similar infraction and it was a very questionable call on the Bluefield sidelines. They had a PF for a chop block as well. Graham's main penalty issue is holding. 

That may very well be the case this year but in years past it hasn't been.

1 minute ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

How is the QB for Taz shoulder, saw he threw a pass and he grabbed his shoulder immediately! Hope he’s ok 

Can't speak to as of today but on Friday heard his parents say it was just bruised and it would be fine.

39 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I get it. But...........I can promise you this for each one of those PF or unsportsmanlike conduct penalties there will be a whole lot of running going on. They aren't just swept under the rug. They practice with a lot of intensity compared to some therefore they play with it. Does it go overboard at times? Maybe so. The PF call the other night as Researcher mentioned was pretty iffy. Kid started the tackle while in bounds. When they continued out of bounds the ball carrier fell, ref threw the flag. Im not saying the ref screwed up, just a marginal call. Graham had 2 "illegal participation" penalties as well for not wearing mouthpiece. When you have been playing football since you were 5 you should know the dang thing needs to be in your mouth.😂

5 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I get it. But...........I can promise you this for each one of those PF or unsportsmanlike conduct penalties there will be a whole lot of running going on. They aren't just swept under the rug. They practice with a lot of intensity compared to some therefore they play with it. Does it go overboard at times? Maybe so. The PF call the other night as Researcher mentioned was pretty iffy. Kid started the tackle while in bounds. When they continued out of bounds the ball carrier fell, ref threw the flag. Im not saying the ref screwed up, just a marginal call. Graham had 2 "illegal participation" penalties as well for not wearing mouthpiece. When you have been playing football since you were 5 you should know the dang thing needs to be in your mouth.😂

I've seen some of those PF that go either way on that so that is what it is.

Those other ones are stupid penalties that you just have to scratch your head on and think really???

1 hour ago, stu_bean said:

I could be wrong but probably meaning holding calls as far as riddled with penalties; giving up yardage because of said calls. That seems to be their go to penalty but they have usually gotten that cleaned up after a few games. Let’s be truthful, officials could probably call holding on every play in high school if they were so inclined. I’d put our coaching staff up against any in our area but I’m biased. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I could be wrong but probably meaning holding calls as far as riddled with penalties; giving up yardage because of said calls. That seems to be their go to penalty but they have usually gotten that cleaned up after a few games. Let’s be truthful, officials could probably call holding on every play in high school if they were so inclined. I’d put our coaching staff up against any in our area but I’m biased. 

Heard that said more than a few times and also have heard that if you are holding than you aren't good enough to play without doing it lol

At any rate I just hope that when penalties are called (either team) this friday, that we actually see the flag on the ground and not the phantom ghost flags that we had last week.  

10 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Heard that said more than a few times and also have heard that if you are holding than you aren't good enough to play without doing it lol

At any rate I just hope that when penalties are called (either team) this friday, that we actually see the flag on the ground and not the phantom ghost flags that we had last week.  

If they were getting PF or unsportsmanlike penalties multiple times, multiple games in a row then I’d agree they have a coaching issue but that’s not the case. Either way, good luck to both teams, hopefully a fair game, & injury free game for both sides. 

16 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

The officials by and large allowed a great deal of contact last week.  There were a few instances of clutching and grabbing by the VHS secondary that went uncalled.  Most of the penalties were procedure penalties of some sort, for both teams.  I'm hoping for a well officiated game on Friday.