Graham Vs Tazewell

bulldog05-CO2017

49 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m not sure if this is alright to post here , some of you may have heard, but one of Graham’s players is in WVU due to complications from a ruptured appendix & is a pretty sick young man. If you are a praying person, I’m sure his family would appreciate the prayers. 

Praying for this young man!

On 8/30/2022 at 11:59 AM, vhs_falcon_volfan said:

Sounds like the coach is trying to address. 

In my opinion, if you commit PF penalties you should run a mile. If you hold, run a mile. Jump offsides? Run a mile. Act like a jerk, regardless of whether or not you get flagged? Run a mile. 

And if you fumble my football, I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts, then! You will run a mile! 

Perfection! 

Let's go to work... 

(Congrats to everyone who understood the reference.)

8 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m not sure if this is alright to post here , some of you may have heard, but one of Graham’s players is in WVU due to complications from a ruptured appendix & is a pretty sick young man. If you are a praying person, I’m sure his family would appreciate the prayers. 

Prayers for that young man! BTW they will be coming around the game Friday night with buckets taking up donations for this gentleman and his family to help with any medical expenses. 

Graham and Bluefield almost looked like mirror images of each other. Was Graham hyped too much or Bluefield underestimated? What if the Beavers made all their XPs? Graham came out on fire and got that big lead, but Bluefield held their offense scoreless the 2nd half. Did Graham let up or did Bluefield settle down and adjust that well?

Most of those questions can be answered tomorrow night. Tazewell dismantled Va High last week as they should have because Va High is improving, but they're not "there" just yet. Based off one game, one would think this will be a somewhat high scoring (30s) and close game.

The G-Men passing game isn't what it was last year, and even if it was, I think the Dogs would match up there anyways. Clements looks to be a quick and hard running RB, but he doesn't have Bradshaw's moves or speed. I don't see him getting to the edge very easily in this game. I think Graham has the talent to control Tazewell's passing game IF they can get pressure on the QB. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure either team wins this game through the air.

So, it all boils down to the line play between the tackles. Which team will win that battle? I think Graham will have the upper hand here, so I'm going with the G-Men 28-14.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:29 PM, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Can anyone confirm this...I've heard Coach Palmer has two outstanding kids that are going to be very good, and....does Bradshaw have another son, and former Bluefield all stater Rick Disibbio has a kid at Graham, and lastly, former Graham all stater on their 95 team title , Brandon Banks has a kid at Graham. Is this true? What grade levels are these players and if they are there, are they good?  That's a lot of talent and football genes if true.

It's Billy's son on the team. Brandon has all girls. Walter Kennard's son is also with this group of guys. They will be tough to deal with a a couple years.

2 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Graham and Bluefield almost looked like mirror images of each other. Was Graham hyped too much or Bluefield underestimated? What if the Beavers made all their XPs? Graham came out on fire and got that big lead, but Bluefield held their offense scoreless the 2nd half. Did Graham let up or did Bluefield settle down and adjust that well?

Most of those questions can be answered tomorrow night. Tazewell dismantled Va High last week as they should have because Va High is improving, but they're not "there" just yet. Based off one game, one would think this will be a somewhat high scoring (30s) and close game.

The G-Men passing game isn't what it was last year, and even if it was, I think the Dogs would match up there anyways. Clements looks to be a quick and hard running RB, but he doesn't have Bradshaw's moves or speed. I don't see him getting to the edge very easily in this game. I think Graham has the talent to control Tazewell's passing game IF they can get pressure on the QB. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure either team wins this game through the air.

So, it all boils down to the line play between the tackles. Which team will win that battle? I think Graham will have the upper hand here, so I'm going with the G-Men 28-14.

I think people are under estimating how good Bluefield may be this year. They have a very talented skill group and their line play should be improved from last year. They blew out Tazewell last year and beat Ridgeview at Ridgeview. I think this years team may be better. It would not surprise me to see them in the state title game. 

17 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

He's got them!  Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

22 minutes ago, Dobb83 said:

graham 100 taz 0

Well, don’t quit your day job 😂.

As long as the visitors finish at least one point ahead when the clock hits 00:00 , I’m okay. No need for a 100 point spread, a win is a win. It should be a hard fought game by both teams. Can’t wait for the Warhawk Bowl. 

14 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

This is the WarHawk Bowl!! Shake Rag forever!!

Click the link below to listen to an interview with Warhawk Bowl co-founder Freddie Viney, where he explains the origin of the Warhawk Bowl and what led to its creation.

Warhawk Bowl Interview

34 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Hoping for the best tonight for both teams. Wish both teams were fully healthy. Heard Graham had some players banged up and I know the Dogs will be a little thinner with a wr/db and a QB being ruled out. 

Best wishes for any players from either team that are healing up! Hoping for a great game & no injuries for either team! Love Tazewell County football! Wishing both teams a successful season! 

Go GMen! 🏈

15 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I would like to know who wrote that article because I would like to see their reference to the outcome of the 1938 game. Many years ago when I researched it it was clear to me by my reference that it was ruled a forfeit to Graham.

7 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I would like to know who wrote that article because I would like to see their reference to the outcome of the 1938 game. Many years ago when I researched it it was clear to me by my reference that it was ruled a forfeit to Graham.

Guess UVAObserver might know who wrote it. 

18 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Is the QB for Tazewell, Creasy, playing in this game?  I've read on here...he's hurt, he's not hurt, ruled in, ruled out. What's the deal. Is he playing or not?

It's  one of those game-time decision type deals, I hear.  He has been nursing a shoulder injury all week.  Not sure if will be able to go or not.  Would love to see him able to play tonight, but at the same time, he needs to make sure he heals up properly 

22 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I was told it was referenced directly from an article by the Bluefield Daily Telegraph 

1 minute ago, EH31 said:

I was told it was referenced directly from an article by the Bluefield Daily Telegraph 

Thanks to the power of internet searches and information available online that are now available I found the article. Dec 17, 1938. I was using the District decision which Tazewell appealed.

24 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

It's  one of those game-time decision type deals, I hear.  He has been nursing a shoulder injury all week.  Not sure if will be able to go or not.  Would love to see him able to play tonight, but at the same time, he needs to make sure he heals up properly 

Hope he is healthy. If there is any doubt I don’t know if this is the game to play him. Graham’s D-Line is their strength. Bluefield’s Qb took some hits last week. If the same happens this week you may jeopardize him being out longer. That’s a tough decision for Tazewell trying to figure out how winnable this game is vs further injury risk.

49 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Is the QB for Tazewell, Creasy, playing in this game?  I've read on here...he's hurt, he's not hurt, ruled in, ruled out. What's the deal. Is he playing or not?

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Hoping for the best tonight for both teams. Wish both teams were fully healthy. Heard Graham had some players banged up and I know the Dogs will be a little thinner with a wr/db and a QB being ruled out. 

Those two are definitely ruled out and that’s not counting another WR that hasn’t practiced all week that I forgot to mention. That kid is a game time decision.

Glad the Dogs have 50+ this year instead of just 28 players. Having some depth will play a key part tonight.

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Those two are definitely ruled out and that’s not counting another WR that hasn’t practiced all week that I forgot to mention. That kid is a game time decision.

Glad the Dogs have 50+ this year instead of just 28 players. Having some depth will play a key part tonight.

Ok EH31 I'm still a little confused lol. If you don't mind get your crayons out and draw a picture for those of us thats(myself) a little slow. Is Creasy out for tonight?

I thought J'me said he was fine. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

Ok EH31 I'm still a little confused lol. If you don't mind get your crayons out and draw a picture for those of us thats(myself) a little slow. Is Creasy out for tonight?

I thought J'me said he was fine. 

And....I will need the 64 pack of crayons (my favorite)! I think.......from what I'm gathering.....Tazewell might be keeping this on the lowdown as a strategy kind of thing, and that's cool if this is the case. Gamesmanship is part of it and I love it.  It's one of another 100 or do reasons I love foooseball (Waterboy, 1998).