Union @ Richlands

UnionGuy2017

The Bears come calling to Ernie Hicks. Union seemed greatly improved Friday night compared to the George Wythe benefit game. Although, some of that may be the quality of opponent. I believe this will be a similar game that we are used to seeing between these two. Union may start out in some Trips and spread formations, but they will ultimately win the game in the power T. Interesting enough, Union has only lost to Richlands once since 2012. I’m not sure anyone else has that success against the Tornado since Unions inaugural season in 2011.

Bears 38

Richlands 21

5 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

The Bears come calling to Ernie Hicks. Union seemed greatly improved Friday night compared to the George Wythe benefit game. Although, some of that may be the quality of opponent. I believe this will be a similar game that we are used to seeing between these two. Union may start out in some Trips and spread formations, but they will ultimately win the game in the power T. Interesting enough, Union has only lost to Richlands once since 2012. I’m not sure anyone else has that success against the Tornado since Unions inaugural season in 2011.

Bears 38

Richlands 21

58 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

No Way in hades I'm sleeping on Richlands again. I pick Union to win, but not by very much. I'll go Union by 7 to 10 points.

I’m with you.  Should be a good game….better than we thought a week or two ago.  Hell, I liked the Blues against GC and I’m gonna stay on that train for an upset pick.  Union by 14 is the smart money but “Nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

Okay, left side of brain is screaming at me here…Union by 14. 

Richlands power run will be tested, and we will find out if there is anything resembling a passing game from Richlands. Blues control the clock and keep the ball out of the more talented Bear-paws as much as possible, Union’s talent wins out in the end. 

Bears 20

Blues 14

in something more reminiscent of the early “The Game” series between these two teams. 

'Ernie Hicks' is a very tough place for a visiting team to get a win. Union is a deep team and that could be the difference. When they go to the spread with their young receivers, they can bring out eleven different players on defense. Not having kids playing both ways is quite an advantage!

35-14 Union, although GC has improved they’re still not great. I’m not saying they’re terrible but they aren’t a Union. If Union doesn’t have a ton of self inflicted penalties, I see at least a 20 point spread. Richlands is hopefully headed in the right direction but I can’t see them winning this one even at Ernie. I hope I’m wrong about the spread difference , a nail biter would be fabulous for the fans in attendance. 

Union wins bye blocking a game winning FG attempt and running it back for the late game win.  But wait it gets called back for a holding call and Richlands wins with second attempt.  But wait somehow a second is left on clock and Union returns kick for the win.  

12 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Union wins bye blocking a game winning FG attempt and running it back for the late game win.  But wait it gets called back for a holding call and Richlands wins with second attempt.  But wait somehow a second is left on clock and Union returns kick for the win.  

We'll dang sure get a holding call:)

14 hours ago, Tornado 🌪 99 said:

UVA-O as you will see in a few short weeks our line was back at full strength and bullying people around, can’t wait to see them against the puppy dogs. Your freshman ol will have Creasy running all night.

Are you a student or a player or something?

Also didn’t Richlands get in trouble 25-30 years ago for using illegal cleats against a team by Roanoke?