Tazewell @ Colonial Heights

bulldog05-CO2017

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Yep.  Thankfully the Bulldog Boosters have been very proactive in getting donations this year.  Bought a new blocking sled over the summer too, which I think has paid dividends already.

Several of us on here like to give Tazewell a hard way to go at times. Myself included.  The parade still makes me laugh to this day. But............the amount of support that team gets year in and year out is very impressive. Local businesses, parents, community members, etc go all out. I love it. I've really enjoyed watching the interviews on Facebook. Good stuff. 

3 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Several of us on here like to give Tazewell a hard way to go at times. Myself included.  The parade still makes me laugh to this day. But............the amount of support that team gets year in and year out is very impressive. Local businesses, parents, community members, etc go all out. I love it. I've really enjoyed watching the interviews on Facebook. Good stuff. 

The community has supported the team as long as I can remember.  The fans show up through thick or thin.

16 hours ago, stu_bean said:

I wonder how many people will make the journey to this one?

My plan is to go even if it's just me heading that way. Real question is do just make it a day trip or head down Friday eve?

A day trip would be rough to make.  I would either go up Friday night and stay or head up saturday morning and come back Sunday.  The best way to go is 81 to  460 to 307(just past Farmville) to 360 (Petersburg) to 95.  Unless you like driving the interstate the whole way, then it's 81 to 64 to 95.  Not much difference in drive time. About 6 hours. 

8 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

A day trip would be rough to make.  I would either go up Friday night and stay or head up saturday morning and come back Sunday.  The best way to go is 81 to  460 to 307(just past Farmville) to 360 (Petersburg) to 95.  Unless you like driving the interstate the whole way, then it's 81 to 64 to 95.  Not much difference in drive time. About 6 hours. 

I like the first way. Still get to go 55 to 65 and see a little bit of the country.

8 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

6 hours....good lord ridiculous 

On 9/4/2022 at 7:47 AM, stu_bean said:

I wonder how many people will make the journey to this one?

My plan is to go even if it's just me heading that way. Real question is do just make it a day trip or head down Friday eve?

I’m heading up Friday evening, think I’ll stay around Staunton and drive the rest that morning and say the long haul for the trip home. 

13 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

I’m amazed at the support, as well. I don’t know whether to credit the coaching staff, Bulldog Radio, Shake Rag Forever, certain members of the community, or all of the above. It was not always this way. I remember being a “neutral” party, rooting for and sitting on Tazewell’s side and the fan support was terrible with yelling at the players in addition to the modest attendance. I will admit it was from the Wyatt era and during the coaching carousel. I’m glad to see the enthusiasm.

Edited by tornado99
Spelling and Grammar

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Well they didn't want to drive an hour to Welch.

Speaking of Mount View again… I wonder how many people other than me and @Bluefield researcher know that Mount View didn’t even tell Tazewell they scheduled a different game that week?  

@Bluefield researcher was the one that broke the news in a text. 

3 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Well they didn't want to drive an hour to Welch.

Considering the Drive down 52, it's a fair trade off.  I may be in the minority here, but I like the road trip and think it will be good for the boys.  Different experience.  A lot of those kids have never been out of the area.

7 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Considering the Drive down 52, it's a fair trade off.  I may be in the minority here, but I like the road trip and think it will be good for the boys.  Different experience.  A lot of those kids have never been out of the area.

Would they go 52 or could they cut across coalwood? It’s been forever since I have been that way, but seems like it would be a lot shorter unless the roads have gotten so bad you can’t get a bus over it.

6 minutes ago, Gfan said:

Would they go 52 or could they cut across coalwood? It’s been forever since I have been that way, but seems like it would be a lot shorter unless the roads have gotten so bad you can’t get a bus over it.

If it were to have happened I’d say Stoney ridge to Bishop to the head of Abbs Valley and over 14 Mountain to Gary would probably be the best way since they built that nice new road over 14. 

2 hours ago, Gfan said:

I guess they could go over Bishop Mountain and go route 16... not sure.

15 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Hate quoting myself, but you can actually go 460 all the way to Petersburg.  forget that part I said aobut going 307 to 360, that'll take you down Hull Street in Richmond (That's how I used to go to stop by and visit old friends).  easiest to take 460 to Petersburg then 95.

14 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Hate quoting myself, but you can actually go 460 all the way to Petersburg.  forget that part I said aobut going 307 to 360, that'll take you down Hull Street in Richmond (That's how I used to go to stop by and visit old friends).  easiest to take 460 to Petersburg then 95.

This is not the first time you have talked to yourself Sasquatch 

6 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

I’m heading up Friday evening, think I’ll stay around Staunton and drive the rest that morning and say the long haul for the trip home. 

Stop by and check out the LB vs Riverheads game! Should be a good one!