Tazewell @ Colonial Heights

bulldog05-CO2017

Only 1 charter bus so only 55 can travel including coaches. Cheerleaders are bringing upperclassmen separately. Band can’t make it. No fan bus but they’re are plenty of people carpooling on the way up. 

It’s an expensive trip. But the kids are excited. I know I would be if I was in high school getting to travel, stay overnight & play a bigger school from the eastern part of the state.  

I think as adults we take for granted stuff like that. There are some kids that don’t get to take trips, stay in hotels & get fed multiple meals per day. Regardless of the outcome of the game it should be a lasting memory for them. 

10 hours ago, EH31 said:

Only 1 charter bus so only 55 can travel including coaches. Cheerleaders are bringing upperclassmen separately. Band can’t make it. No fan bus but they’re are plenty of people carpooling on the way up. 

It’s an expensive trip. But the kids are excited. I know I would be if I was in high school getting to travel, stay overnight & play a bigger school from the eastern part of the state.  

I think as adults we take for granted stuff like that. There are some kids that don’t get to take trips, stay in hotels & get fed multiple meals per day. Regardless of the outcome of the game it should be a lasting memory for them. 

For the experience of just traveling it's good, for the football experience of traveling it's good. 

If Tazewell has the money to do it I don't see a problem

For Bulldog fans, the Inn at Blackstone is really cool.  Nice resort and Blackstone is a nice place to stay the night before the game without having to go into the I-85 and 95 traffic mess and crime.  Nottoway High is in the Blackstone/Crewe area and they play Halifax County at home Friday night, so it might give them some flashbacks to see a bunch of Green Tazewell Bulldog shirts in their stadium.  Their middle age to older generations will remember all to well.  Serious though, I recommend staying in Blackstone-Crewe area off of 460 the night before instead of going into the Petersburg area the night before.  For any military guys, Fort Pickett is in Blackstone and an old WW2 era Army Base that has since been turned into a National Guard Base and very neat to see.  It still has the old WW2 2 story Army Barracks with the steps in the back and the wood-coal fired stoves for heat.

55 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Watching Colonial Heights vs New Kent on NFHS, think the Dogs can take this one.

I was skeptical about this game, then I watched there game, and all my worry’s went away. Nothing against them, but they are probably the worst team I’ve seen in a while. 

14 hours ago, THS6805 said:

My prediction is tazewell will be very physical in this game. I'm seeing.

Taz 42

CH 14

Qb1 will not play and will be out for a few weeks.  1, possibly 2 more starters out injured.   I look for a much closer game.  

23 hours ago, Mountain Football said:

Is QB1 out for this one?

Yes.  Out for a few weeks, hopefully be back before Richlands.

2 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Qb1 will not play and will be out for a few weeks.  1, possibly 2 more starters out injured.   I look for a much closer game.  

Who is QB2 or do they just go Wildcat with Harris?

3 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Since the cat’s out of the bag, Carter’s been ruled out for 2 weeks, mostly precautionary, and should return for Riverheads.  One DL has a hand injury, which will take a few weeks, but there is ample depth there.  Everyone else is good to go.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I don’t think the QB change will affect the final outcome.  It comes down to the line executing blocking schemes.  CH’s coaching staff isn’t exactly Alabama’s.

BTW, the Dawgs should rest well tonight.  Good hotel accommodations here!

38 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Since the cat’s out of the bag, Carter’s been ruled out for 2 weeks, mostly precautionary, and should return for Riverheads.  One DL has a hand injury, which will take a few weeks, but there is ample depth there.  Everyone else is good to go.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I don’t think the QB change will affect the final outcome.  It comes down to the line executing blocking schemes.  CH’s coaching staff isn’t exactly Alabama’s.

BTW, the Dawgs should rest well tonight.  Good hotel accommodations here!

Nice.  Enjoy!!