Grayson County

Castlewood

Honaker

J.I. Burton

3 James Monroe

Lebanon

Mount View

1 hour ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

Where's Patrick Henry after two big wins?

They’re gonna get dinged by whatever method someone uses. 

Would PH beat any of the top 12 on here? That’s how some will vote. So you’ll rarely ever see a Class 1 team on there unless they’re truly dominant. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Would PH beat any of the top 12 on here? That’s how some will vote. So you’ll rarely ever see a Class 1 team on there unless they’re truly dominant. 

And I think that's mostly fair. Would anyone favor PH over the better bigger schools? I wouldn't. But I would Galax so I'll always have Galax near the top. 

But FTR, IMO PH has earned a spot more than the last team on the list right now. 

Richlands was the only ranked team to drop-out from Week 2, and Central was the team that replaced the Blues.  Last week, Central (50), Narrows (44), and Patrick Henry (40) were the top three unranked teams. The "Also Receiving Votes" was not reported this week, but I'd assume PH is at or near the top.  

18 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Richlands was the only ranked team to drop-out from Week 2, and Central was the team that replaced the Blues.  Last week, Central (50), Narrows (44), and Patrick Henry (40) were the top three unranked teams. The "Also Receiving Votes" was not reported this week, but I'd assume PH is at or near the top.  

It's also so tough this early in the season bc such a small sample size. It's impossible to really know that much unless a team is just a juggernaut like KW last year or Graham couple years ago or Riverheads/Galax in 1A 

53 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

I factor that in a little but if teams are having good seasons they should get on there regardless of they’re 1A.

16 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

It's also so tough this early in the season bc such a small sample size. It's impossible to really know that much unless a team is just a juggernaut like KW last year or Graham couple years ago or Riverheads/Galax in 1A 

Just using Graham as an example. Who have they beaten thus far? 0-3 Bluefield and 1-1 Tazewell. I don't mean this as disrespectful just giving my honest opinion here. That Tazewell win was given entirely too much credit. Before this season is over, could Graham be the 4th or 5th best team in the region?? I hope not but it's very possible.

20 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Just using Graham as an example. Who have they beaten thus far? 0-3 Bluefield and 1-1 Tazewell. I don't mean this as disrespectful just giving my honest opinion here. That Tazewell win was given entirely too much credit. Before this season is over, could Graham be the 4th or 5th best team in the region?? I hope not but it's very possible.

Same exact thing with Union. Beaten a terrible Richlands team and a bad Lee team. Looked good doing it, but they have both Been treated at all. 

5 minutes ago, V-Cats said:

What would y'all think about a separate 1A & 2-4A poll? Probably do Top 7 for each

IMO, I think additional polls would be unnecessary and redundant.  It's simple enough for anyone interested to separate out the 1A teams in the order of their total points. 1) Galax 2) GW 3) PH 4) Giles 5) Narrows 6) Holston 7) Rural Retreat...

But I'll participate regardless and appreciate you heading this up.