• Greeneville (defending 3A chanps)
  • Tennessee High (host school)
  • Fulton (TN)
  • Knox Webb (TN)
  • Christ School (NC)
  • Myers Park (NC)
  • North Mecklenburg (NC)
  • Madison-Ridgeland Academy (MS)
  • Norcross (GA) (defending GHSAA 7A chanps)
  • Pace Academy (GA)
  • St. Francis Prep (NY)
  • Trinity (KY)
  • West Catholic (PA)
  • Westminster Academy (FL)
  • Tabernacle Baptist (Bahamas)

Hearing that this may be one of the weakest fields in recent memory with Norcross easily being the early favorite to win it.  Never too early to discuss the Arby's.  I am interested to see what my Indians can do in this though coming off the title last year.  We've lost a few but also picked up a nice transfer in the offseason as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 4:19 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

The field was released today:

Southwest Virginia teams represented:

• Gate City 
  • Twin Springs 

Rest of the field:

• Dobyns-Bennett (defending 4A champs)
  • Greeneville (defending 3A chanps)
  • Tennessee High (host school)
  • Fulton (TN)
  • Knox Webb (TN)
  • Christ School (NC)
  • Myers Park (NC)
  • North Mecklenburg (NC)
  • Madison-Ridgeland Academy (MS)
  • Norcross (GA) (defending GHSAA 7A chanps)
  • Pace Academy (GA)
  • St. Francis Prep (NY)
  • Trinity (KY)
  • West Catholic (PA)
  • Westminster Academy (FL)
  • Tabernacle Baptist (Bahamas)

Hearing that this may be one of the weakest fields in recent memory with Norcross easily being the early favorite to win it.  Never too early to discuss the Arby's.  I am interested to see what my Indians can do in this though coming off the title last year.  We've lost a few but also picked up a nice transfer in the offseason as well.

DB always picks up a good transfer in the offseason. Wink, Wink! 

• 2 weeks later...

North Meck and Myers Park will both be tough games for folks. Myers Park is loaded this year with plenty of size. Elijah Strong 6'8 F, Sir Mohammed 6'5 G, Sadiq White 6'7 G and South Meck transfer Bishop Boswell 6'4 PG all have major D1 offers on the table. Strong is the only senior in this group.

North Meck has the #16 ranked recruit in the country for the 2024 class in 5 star Isaiah Evans 6'6 G

14 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Trinity KY shouldnt be bad. They played with the eventual KHSSA Sweet sixteen champ and return most of their players. In fact I would take them over every TN in the field. KY ball is a different breed

Defnitely agree with that last part just based alone on watching the 15th Region tournament last year in person.  

On 10/8/2022 at 12:41 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Defnitely agree with that last part just based alone on watching the 15th Region tournament last year in person.  

Sad part is the 15th 14th and 13th region's are historically terrible outside of the laurels. But they are better than any team swva puts out. There are jv teams that would have won the Cumberland district last year and probably 1a state title.

Outside of 2010 there hasn't been a team this side of ky win the sweet sixteen

On 10/9/2022 at 8:04 AM, TwhscoachT said:

Sad part is the 15th 14th and 13th region's are historically terrible outside of the laurels. But they are better than any team swva puts out. There are jv teams that would have won the Cumberland district last year and probably 1a state title.

Outside of 2010 there hasn't been a team this side of ky win the sweet sixteen

What's your thoughts on the one state champion Kentucky crowns?  I actually like that and wished all states did that for basketball.  A Region 1 tournament would've been epic in Tennessee last year with D-B, Greeneville, SH and Mo East all involved and only one spot coming out of it.

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

What's your thoughts on the one state champion Kentucky crowns?  I actually like that and wished all states did that for basketball.  A Region 1 tournament would've been epic in Tennessee last year with D-B, Greeneville, SH and Mo East all involved and only one spot coming out of it.

Im ok with it but KY is odd with sports.

They play private vs public. LCA, Lex Cath, Trinity, and other private school are better off than almost any school we have ever seen.  

They have other tournaments that smaller schools classify as their "state championship" but the Khsaa does not recognize

The Sweet sixteen in every sport other than football is dominated by Louisville and Lexington teams constantly (Volleyball, soccer, baseball).

It would be an nice idea to continue on against the whole state, but when specifically focusing on Virginia and their lack of funding in Education, it would only show how awful the spending gap is between 1a and 6a schools. KY and TN spreads out there educational spending better and its not stuffed up the asses of Richmond and WDC. I saw a report that showed Virignia Equitable among Education spending is dead last, i believe it.