Week 4 Scores/Updates...

BandanaVTDavis4321

Final Scores from Thursday night in VA 

Essex 52, Franklin 14

Poquoson 21, Tabb 7.

Essex and Poquoson.

Essex might be the King William 2021 equalavent for Class 1 in 2022. This may be the year they beat Riverheads in the state semifinals and advance to the state title game. They have a once every 10 year type of talented football team and beat King William last week. It's usually Riverheads then Galax, and Essex a distant third in Class 1. That's not the case this year. 

Poqouson also returns 18 starting positions of 22 according to the Daily Press and had a near miss last week against 5th ranked 3A York last week and Poqouson bested King William in a scrimmage (I know, only a scrimmage) game early on in what was a repeat of the Region A title game from last year.

I made this post because I made a similar one early in the season last year about King William. There is similar "hype" with Essex this year and there's been hype with Essex before, but the team they have this year is a bit different. 

• GMan changed the title to Week 4 Scores/Updates...