Galax vs Graham

Gridiron60

4 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

Maybe a delusional universe. If QB and WR talent trumps all, the Vegas Raiders would not be 0-2. BTW, Graham outgained Union. Did they move it "at will" ?. Is Union's defense suspect? I think Union has a decent defense , I don't think Graham moved it at will. But by your calculations???? 

Did I miss a trade or something when did the Raiders get a talented QB

3 hours ago, TRidge said:

Punched them in mouth? More like lulled them to sleep taking 45 seconds between each play. Galax is solid for sure but they played not to lose even down 3 scores tbey were taking full play clock.

Common sense football says when the other team has an explosive offense and you have a run first offense use every second of that game clock and shorten the game. Thats not playing not to lose that a pretty decent game play that works for a lot of teams

1 hour ago, TRidge said:

down 3 scores in 4th quarter and still running out full play clock every play is common sense..ok. 

Most coaches in the situation Galax was in Friday night, down 3 scores in the 4th quarter, are working on stuff for the future. They are going to need to grind out games and control the clock in November/December. At the end of the day, the result of this game is irrelevant. Galax’ season starts in November. What they do now is preparing for that. 

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I never said the QB/WR combo alone means a team is unbeatable. I simply stated a pretty benign fact and you guys got all butthurt.

Graham did move the ball at will in the third quarter. Union just could not stop them and get them off the fiekd. Every third down was converted, no negative plays, etc.. And that was how Graham iced the game. I don't get why you guys are so offended. Union ran the ball very well until the field shortened in the red zone, had a wide open TD just miss on a pass, but they didn't make the plays to win while Graham did. Saying Graham wins 80% of the time is laughable in a game that close but Graham wins closer to 60% of the time, bout a coin flip. Two close teams.

Galax is traditionally very strong at the LOS and can run the ball very well. Union ran the ball for over 200 yards, Galax can do the same, but Graham is likely the better overall team and will win by double digits. 

Counterpoint: Graham wins at least 80% of the time.  

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I simply stated a pretty benign fact and you guys got all butthurt.

I don't get why you guys are so offended. 

I promise you buddy, that the Graham loyal are neither butt hurt nor offended by your comments. 😂😂😂😂 We enjoy the entertainment! We’ve moved on from last week and are focused on Galax. 

2 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I promise you buddy, that the Graham loyal are neither butt hurt nor offended by your comments. 😂😂😂😂 We enjoy the entertainment! We’ve moved on from last week and are focused on Galax. 

The one guy mentioned it multiple times and got pissy bc I stated what I think is pretty clear, Radford (with their D1 prospect and very good Prielou kid catching balls from.a very talented QB) has more talent at the skill positions than anyone else, with RV being a close second. Graham doesn't win by throwing bombs to four diff WRs and scoring  40 PPG, they win by being very good up front and relyin on a very good RB to see and then explode thru the hole. 

I don't take goofball UVAO serious, his inability to be even somewhat objective about any SWD/M7 stuff, he can say what he wants but it's just hot air. I don't think anyone puts much stock into his "objective" commentary. I can be honest, Graham is better than Union bc they're more explosive and can limit the big plays and has a kicker and a QB who's primarily a QB. There is not much of a gap, I think that's a pretty objective statement, and they should handle Galax who's a bit like a lesser Union, but Galax will gain some yards. 

I like this game now.

If Tech had converted their third downs and scored every possession, they would have won. Don't say they are not great, it was a few slip ups that cost them the game.  Oh yeah, and the refs. 

So if they wouldn't have had penalties, converted on 3rd downs, not turned the ball over, and scored more,  they would have won.

I think they are the better team with better players....except for that. 🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, T8KNDookeez said:

I like this game now.

If Tech had converted their third downs and scored every possession, they would have won. Don't say they are not great, it was a few slip ups that cost them the game.  Oh yeah, and the refs. 

So if they wouldn't have had penalties, converted on 3rd downs, not turned the ball over, and scored more,  they would have won.

I think they are the better team with better players....except for that. 🤣🤣🤣

Can you point out anyone who's specifically making those kind of statements? I've not seen one person, literally, one person, saying Grraham is not better than Union. Not one. Graham is better, the deserved to win, they made more plays and executed better. They're the better team right now, not one person disputes that. 

only one person whined about the refs, and he wasn't from Big Stone or Appalachia, I believe his zip code is 24605.

17 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Can you point out anyone who's specifically making those kind of statements? I've not seen one person, literally, one person, saying Grraham is not better than Union. Not one. Graham is better, the deserved to win, they made more plays and executed better. They're the better team right now, not one person disputes that. 

only one person whined about the refs, and he wasn't from Big Stone or Appalachia, I believe his zip code is 24605.

Not about Graham and not about you. 

No one specific. 

Like my name says, I like to leave some crap in the thread and see who is drawn to it. 😆

Come on, that's funny!

14 hours ago, BigWinners said:

The one guy mentioned it multiple times and got pissy bc I stated what I think is pretty clear, Radford (with their D1 prospect and very good Prielou kid catching balls from.a very talented QB) has more talent at the skill positions than anyone else, with RV being a close second. Graham doesn't win by throwing bombs to four diff WRs and scoring  40 PPG, they win by being very good up front and relyin on a very good RB to see and then explode thru the hole. 

I don't take goofball UVAO serious, his inability to be even somewhat objective about any SWD/M7 stuff, he can say what he wants but it's just hot air. I don't think anyone puts much stock into his "objective" commentary. I can be honest, Graham is better than Union bc they're more explosive and can limit the big plays and has a kicker and a QB who's primarily a QB. There is not much of a gap, I think that's a pretty objective statement, and they should handle Galax who's a bit like a lesser Union, but Galax will gain some yards. 

Christiansburg has no D1 players(ie prospects) Does Radford beat them tonight? 

40 minutes ago, T8KNDookeez said:

Not about Graham and not about you. 

No one specific. 

Like my name says, I like to leave some crap in the thread and see who is drawn to it. 😆

Come on, that's funny!

dude that is funny!!!

42 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

@BigWinners called the poor kid out last week after the game. Looks like every team from now until the end of the season is going to run at him. 

And if they do, that's 8 points guaranteed.  Come to think of it my Bulldogs scored 8 on Graham, they ran the ball at will.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Who is this "Will" guy, and why does everyone run the ball AT him? Also, why does he play for so many teams??

I NEED to know!!

26 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

And if they do, that's 8 points guaranteed.  Come to think of it my Bulldogs scored 8 on Graham, they ran the ball at will.

I thought Will plays for Union that kids everywhere

2 hours ago, Gmen2021 said:

Christiansburg has no D1 players(ie prospects) Does Radford beat them tonight? 

What in my post said that winning was directly correlated to having elite skill position players? 

You can have the best skill position players in the state but without time to throw or the ability to stop the other team, you're not gonna win much. Why is that concept so hard to grasp?

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham looks to be using one of the starting D linemen very sparsely. I wonder if he’s nursing an injury or something. Or maybe they’re trying something different. Tucker is a bull for Galax. 

They “really” ran at will on y’all with him out.  A whole 13 points allowed.  Union probably beats you 70% of the time without him.