Union @ Gate City

Queue

Hard to predict week to week.  Can the Blue muster up Homecoming fury and rise up to win??  (I doubt they could go all Carrie on the Bears, but guys -- just win the game, will you??)  If so, we're 3-2 and staring down a trio of very winnable games afterward...

Also:  I'm gonna make #PitchforkNation happen. 😎😎   Just sounds right (and badass). 🔱🔱

Unfortunately Gate City will keep this 1 closer then the experts think. Maybe even upset the bears. Reason I say this. Well 1st Union has no threat of passing game so the devils should put all 11 in the box and just tee off. 2nd Union has no pass defense except for #4 Huff kid. The 2 corners for 1 to be a 3 year starter and still have problems covering and the other 1 is starting both ways a redshirt freshman well we all know why he is playing both ways. Daddy ball kid is good but not both way starter good. If you don't think I'm right about daddyball go watch the tape and look at unions sideline after each play or during a timeout or even the start of game 10 kids with the defensive coach and said kid with daddy. 

6 hours ago, Dawg01 said:

Unfortunately Gate City will keep this 1 closer then the experts think. Maybe even upset the bears. Reason I say this. Well 1st Union has no threat of passing game so the devils should put all 11 in the box and just tee off. 2nd Union has no pass defense except for #4 Huff kid. The 2 corners for 1 to be a 3 year starter and still have problems covering and the other 1 is starting both ways a redshirt freshman well we all know why he is playing both ways. Daddy ball kid is good but not both way starter good. If you don't think I'm right about daddyball go watch the tape and look at unions sideline after each play or during a timeout or even the start of game 10 kids with the defensive coach and said kid with daddy. 

Blows my mind why he doesn’t put #12 in the game in passing situations.  I’ve never seen a passing game so bad in my life.  2 TDS just missed vs Graham that were wide open.  Well we completed 1 of those but receiver had to dive to catch it for a 1 yard loss 

20 hours ago, Dawg01 said:

Union could make some adjustments and totally change the dynamic of the team. Not sure why #70 who started at Center since he was a freshman is NOT at Center----Freshman mistake cost the Bears a 4th down conversion against Graham when the ball was snapped before anyone was ready, only he and QB moved on the play. To add insult to injury the very next play Graham scores on a long TD run because another Freshman playing CB can't contain the end and is scared to make contact. Diving at ankles is not tackling!
#50 should be playing guard again this year.....#52 should be playing NG when they are in a five man front and leave #16 at LB...#4 needs to be on offense as a wideout....Union needs to STOP keeping talented players off the field.....sorry but they do not have the talent to field 22 starters, Graham proved it.

1 hour ago, foosballer said:

Union could make some adjustments and totally change the dynamic of the team. Not sure why #70 who started at Center since he was a freshman is NOT at Center----Freshman mistake cost the Bears a 4th down conversion against Graham when the ball was snapped before anyone was ready, only he and QB moved on the play. To add insult to injury the very next play Graham scores on a long TD run because another Freshman playing CB can't contain the end and is scared to make contact. Diving at ankles is not tackling!
#50 should be playing guard again this year.....#52 should be playing NG when they are in a five man front and leave #16 at LB...#4 needs to be on offense as a wideout....Union needs to STOP keeping talented players off the field.....sorry but they do not have the talent to field 22 starters, Graham proved it.

And everyone in the stadium knows the freshman you're talking about.  Also almost every pass goes to him also

58 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

And everyone in the stadium knows the freshman you're talking about.  Also almost every pass goes to him also

Becareful you can't hurt Bostic's feelings he'll go crying to Turner and you might get banned from games. I'm talking about daddy Bostic not the son who in due time could be a great player but not a two starter right now.

5 hours ago, foosballer said:

Union could make some adjustments and totally change the dynamic of the team. 

I’m not sure any of the head coaches in the region really take the advice of us armchair coaches seriously. Probably makes them dig in even more, lol. I’m not saying there aren’t valid points made on the board but I don’t see the Turners & Palmers of the football world caring what the rest of us think they should do, lol. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

I’m not sure any of the head coaches in the region really take the advice of us armchair coaches seriously. Probably makes them dig in even more, lol. I’m not saying there aren’t valid points made on the board but I don’t see the Turners & Palmers of the football world caring what the rest of us think they should do, lol. 

I can personally say with knowledge that Turner listens to this board. Or his assistant coaches do. They got rid of a pnut coach over his comments about Edward's last year. Truth hurts sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Dawg01 said:

I can personally say with knowledge that Turner listens to this board. Or his assistant coaches do. They got rid of a pnut coach over his comments about Edward's last year. Truth hurts sometimes.

Cool that Turner & his assistants listen to the Union faithful on this board. I stand partially corrected. 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

After 4 games and less than 50 yards and 0 TDs maybe they should

Our passing game speaks for itself, when a single wing offensive has more passing yardage than the spread , your passing game sucks. Now with that said, if you don’t pass ever unless it’s 3rd and 24 you are going to fail. When is the last time that we threw to a tight end? James Mitchell!!!!!

51 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Our passing game speaks for itself, when a single wing offensive has more passing yardage than the spread , your passing game sucks. Now with that said, if you don’t pass ever unless it’s 3rd and 24 you are going to fail. When is the last time that we threw to a tight end? James Mitchell!!!!!

Probably Mitchell and to be honest he should’ve gotten the ball more than he did.  Had games where he touched the ball less than 5 times 

Of this, I'm certain, there will be NO homecoming magic, miracle or fury for GC this week because their homecoming isn't until next month. haha

I'm not sure how healthy Union will be for this game, but I do feel confident that the Bears will have more than enough to win this game. GC will give us everything they have and will fight hard. Wouldn't be surprised if the 1st quarter or so is close. I think Union pulls away after that.

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Of this, I'm certain, there will be NO homecoming magic, miracle or fury for GC this week because their homecoming isn't until next month. haha

I'm not sure how healthy Union will be for this game, but I do feel confident that the Bears will have more than enough to win this game. GC will give us everything they have and will fight hard. Wouldn't be surprised if the 1st quarter or so is close. I think Union pulls away after that.

Yeah, I don't know how or why that happened.  I was pretty certain I'd seen it on the flyer in the office when I was getting tickets in August.  Guess not.  Unless they changed it.  Either way -- I call 🐔 🐔 on that scheduling.  Why have those girls out there in cooler weather for homecoming court??  Cause you felt a little too "confident" that Union could spoil our ceremonies -- and felt even more confident that Battle wouldn't.  Last year setting it during a winnable (though barely) game against Lee was at least logistical based on the orginal schedule.  Now it's just beginning to feel like you're setting up low hanging fruit.  Be better, guys.

If there does happen to be some honestly special reason why that later date resonated so well, I'd genuinely love to hear it.  But from here, it looks a whole lot like selective scheduling.

Ennnnaway:  That shouldn't affect whether or not we can win the game.  Which, from hearing the Bears are one-dimensional (though still skilled and speedy), gives me hope.

17 minutes ago, Queue said:

Yeah, I don't know how or why that happened.  I was pretty certain I'd seen it on the flyer in the office when I was getting tickets in August.  Guess not.  Unless they changed it.  Either way -- I call 🐔 🐔 on that scheduling.  Why have those girls out there in cooler weather for homecoming court??  Cause you felt a little too "confident" that Union could spoil our ceremonies -- and felt even more confident that Battle wouldn't.  Last year setting it during a winnable (though barely) game against Lee was at least logistical based on the orginal schedule.  Now it's just beginning to feel like you're setting up low hanging fruit.  Be better, guys.

If there does happen to be some honestly special reason why that later date resonated so well, I'd genuinely love to hear it.  But from here, it looks a whole lot like selective scheduling.

Ennnnaway:  That shouldn't affect whether or not we can win the game.  Which, from hearing the Bears are one-dimensional (though still skilled and speedy), gives me hope.

Definitely 1 dimensional but that one dimension is pretty good 

Especially if it's option football, as timing the pitch is everything, and if they're masterful at that, then it's gonna be hard to stop, if you got a fast, agile QB and a fast agile trailer at RB.

All I know is… Turner is not treating his team right.  I never thought I would see him pick favorites or be so predictable on the field, but here we are running the same plays we ran against lee high.  Everyone on our schedule knows what’s coming. God forbid you give the ball to Keith Chandler- who is a stud or Satterfield who everyone knows has worked his tail off & has been patiently waiting his turn for years now. Mix it up. Do something different. Use all your kids not just 1 or 2. 
Chandler had around 7 touches and Satterfield had 1 touch in previous game?  Why?? Can someone please explain that to me? Stupidest thing ever.