Union @ Gate City

Queue

17 hours ago, Tnvols said:

Is it time for Turner to go!?!?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Unlike union to not feed their running backs the ball.  Even when mitchell was their they were still getting plenty of touches. Since 2011 davis, barker,  Zirkle, owens, Polier, then Lomax, now not even by committee? Confusing to watch.  Current wildcat ain't mitchell,  quit forcing it.  Need to find what fits them. Gate city finally did,  no more Jenkins right/ left kind of offense.  Well balanced and attacked weakness, repeatedly on the run and pass.  Almost like they study film and actually look at personel to exploit.  

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Unlike union to not feed their running backs the ball.   

Honeycutt is banged up, stays banged up. Not speaking poorly of the kid, that's just how his high school career has gone

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Unlike union to not feed their running backs the ball.  Even when mitchell was their they were still getting plenty of touches. Since 2011 davis, barker,  Zirkle, owens, Polier, then Lomax, now not even by committee? Confusing to watch.  Current wildcat ain't mitchell,  quit forcing it.  Need to find what fits them. Gate city finally did,  no more Jenkins right/ left kind of offense.  Well balanced and attacked weakness, repeatedly on the run and pass.  Almost like they study film and actually look at personel to exploit.  

Yeah they definitely did they’re homework first team I’ve seen attack Unions weaknesses like that 

Just now, redtiger said:

Honeycutt is banged up, stays banged up. Not speaking poorly of the kid, that's just how his high school career has gone

Shoulder pops out alot had surgery but didn’t help 

I just watched this one today. Props to GC. Again, props to GC who is getting better and rapidly improving, but.......I ain't picking them to beat Union if they meet again come playoff time. Gate City scored 3 times on 3 weird long plays. I didn't see Gate City driving up and down the field effectively. I know...big plays ARE part of the game and they count, but this wasn't like a superior freak athlete exploded. The first one was a great catch in the corner of the endzone on a well covered receiver and it was more of a desperate type pass for GC and it somehow worked. Another was a misjudgement by the DB for Union who overplayed the route and when he missed the tackle, nobody was there. It was just weird. The other one was a great athletic play where the GC kid made people miss, but it was also poor tackling by Union.

Again, credit GC who got the W and those 3 big plays decided the game and they do count, but at least 2 of them were borderline bad luck for Union in my opinion. Again, credit GC, but I don't think they are within 10 points of Union if they meet in the playoffs. Only my opinion though. It was just weird how GC scored. I don't think they replicate that again if they play Union in the playoffs

19 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I just watched this one today. Props to GC. Again, props to GC who is getting better and rapidly improving, but.......I ain't picking them to beat Union if they meet again come playoff time. Gate City scored 3 times on 3 weird long plays. I didn't see Gate City driving up and down the field effectively. I know...big plays ARE part of the game and they count, but this wasn't like a superior freak athlete exploded. The first one was a great catch in the corner of the endzone on a well covered receiver and it was more of a desperate type pass for GC and it somehow worked. Another was a misjudgement by the DB for Union who overplayed the route and when he missed the tackle, nobody was there. It was just weird. The other one was a great athletic play where the GC kid made people miss, but it was also poor tackling by Union.

Again, credit GC who got the W and those 3 big plays decided the game and they do count, but at least 2 of them were borderline bad luck for Union in my opinion. Again, credit GC, but I don't think they are within 10 points of Union if they meet in the playoffs. Only my opinion though. It was just weird how GC scored. I don't think they replicate that again if they play Union in the playoffs

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. Humble Pie sometimes comes filled with that "weirdness filling"! 

No dog in the fight.  I love both programs.  I want to see Gate City get back to deep playoff runs and old form.  I think they are heading that way also.  I'm just saying, it will be very difficult for GC to replicate those 3 big plays like that again if Union and GC were to meet again this year in my opinion.  As for that game, GC deserved to win.  Big plays are a part of the game and the Devils made em at crucial times and that's a part of football.  

GC is an up and coming team, Union is a team that has a lot of young players that looked above expectations in the eairly part of the season the loss to Graham was tough and it is entirely possible that a young team did not bounce back great from that situation.

Love it or hate it This years Union team is a lot like many of Tom Turner's APPY teams in that they have an Offence that can keep them in the game with anyone and beat a more "skilled" especially in adverse weather conditions BUT the one draw back is that sometimes it allows teams that you should be able to put away to stay in the game.