Grayson County appeal

MT FAN 91

I think it's better they stay down in class 1. It really screws up post season in all sports when they are in 2D because they dont play in the Southwest or the Mountain 7. I am sure they will be competitive in everything but they are not gonna Riverheads this thing so I dont see anyone having a big issue with it. 

20 minutes ago, Pickett said:

Grayson has an excellent group of athletes coming thru….. with addition of Gillespie kid they are going to be a force in all 3 major sports in 1A.

Shouldn't he be a senior this year? Coached him in sandlot one year at Galax and I was thinking he was just a year younger than my son who graduated this past year.

3 minutes ago, Pickett said:

He was homeschooled so he entered kinda where he wanted.   He is a very old Junior I believe.

I'm sure they know of the age rule of not being 19 before August 1st of the school year you wish to compete in so  I'm sure he'll be fine for his senior year. Wish he would've come to Galax because he is a good ball player.

6 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I just realized that Grayson could be 6-0 when they come to Pearisburg on the 14th 😳

Schedule is fairly weak so I'd say that is a very strong possibility and they're probably much better than most thought they were going to be 

Only thing I picked up thirdhand was that James River's request was denied.

Satisfying myself with the notion that I won't be happy with the resolution of Liberty(Bedford) either way.  Travel in the Seminole is ridiculously easy (despite the fact that we're likely to get our heads handed to us in quite a few sports).  Theoretically we'd be more competitive overall in the Dogwood, but our closest trip there would be equal to our longest in the Seminole.

If the change is approved by the VHSL -- and based on what I've read on this site -- I may or may not be packing whenever we have to play at Gretna.

9 hours ago, Pickett said:

Grayson has an excellent group of athletes coming thru….. with addition of Gillespie kid they are going to be a force in all 3 major sports in 1A.

1 minute ago, Optimal62 said:

1A hasn’t been kind to them thus far. 

The superintendent told a group of parents last year that his new football coach never lost to coach Dixon at Galax and he wouldn’t lose to Coach Allen either. He then proceeded to get thumped by Galax twice in as many weeks later in the season. Lol

9 hours ago, Topper22 said:

The superintendent told a group of parents last year that his new football coach never lost to coach Dixon at Galax and he wouldn’t lose to Coach Allen either. He then proceeded to get thumped by Galax twice in as many weeks later in the season. Lol

A lot of Galax opponents want to forget that 2011 season. I'd want to forget 52-0 also if I were Fort Chiswell and coach James.