Week 5 Scores & Updates

Gridiron60

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Agree...somebody in this year's backfield is likely to get moved to another offensive position next year

But with no OL it will be more of the same

The obvious move is #23 moves to end and replaces #34 because he's the best blocker out of the group of backs and you don't lose anything from the end position. The OL will be more of the same if We DoNt GeT a StReNgH AnD CoNdITiOniNg PrOgRaM...........like have you not payed any attention to anything I've said? That's why we are weaker and smaller than everyone else we play. That's not a talent issue,it's a coaching/program issue

1 minute ago, 1Wingit23 said:

The obvious move is #23 moves to end and replaces #34 because he's the best blocker out of the group of backs and you don't lose anything from the end position. The OL will be more of the same if We DoNt GeT a StReNgH AnD CoNdITiOniNg PrOgRaM...........like have you not payed any attention to anything I've said? That's why we are weaker and smaller than everyone else we play. That's not a talent issue,it's a coaching/program issue

I think you should run the weight room....you game?

1 minute ago, Hokiebird7 said:

You didn't answer mine and I didn't answer yours....well leave it at that....I got my answer

A Giles Follower since my earliest memory as I started school and played little league for the Lions. Followed them and went to every game possible and rooted for them my entire life actually. Even when I played against them. I would absolutely be game to run the weight room as it was part of my major when I went to Averett University to play football on the collegiate level.... Oh my... Let's dodge it one more time my guy...how far did you go as player first and foremost? I think I answered everything you requested right?

7 minutes ago, EH31 said:

That was 1990

Dang good team. I use to be pretty good friends with George Shupe. Great dude who later became a game warden.  George and I would hang out for about 3 weeks in the summer in Hillsville at the old RJ Ranch Canpground in Hillsville and our families did this for about 5-6 years. I also went to Church camp with him in the summer in the Bluefield area. I think (the late) Clint Roberts was also on that team.

5 hours ago, redtiger said:

If this is any indicator of the situation among the fanbase of Giles, with all of this cohesion and positive, cooperative attitudes the consolidation with Narrows will surely be a great success!

You think this spat as far as football goes is entertaining, y'all should've seen how the administration side of that school went for the most part the last 20+ years.  There's a reason it's that half of the county screaming for and wanting to consolidate.  Also why Narrows' enrollment is up around 55% compared to what it was in the late 90's.  But, yall carry on.  This is as entertaining as Peterstown and Union folk bitching about their coaching since ol Donny retired. 

1 minute ago, SW_VA_boy said:

You think this spat as far as football goes is entertaining, y'all should've seen how the administration side of that school went for the most part the last 20+ years.  There's a reason it's that half of the county screaming for and wanting to consolidate.  Also why Narrows' enrollment is up around 55% compared to what it was in the late 90's.  But, yall carry on.  This is as entertaining as Peterstown and Union folk bitching about their coaching since ol Donny retired. 

Sorry pal but some of us have wanted it for 30 years...if your enrollment is up that much why you still graduating around 50 per year 

8 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Sorry pal but some of us have wanted it for 30 years...if your enrollment is up that much why you still graduating around 50 per year 

Because we were graduating less than 30 a year 20 plus years ago.  170 to 265-270 is in that ballpark. 🤣