Week 5 Scores & Updates

Gridiron60

17 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

What did you hear?I 

I have an inside source that says practice was awesome the past two days and a lot of football drills were performed and the kids are definitely sore from Getting after it!

Just now, 1Wingit23 said:

I have an inside source that says practice was awesome the past two days and a lot of football drills were performed and the kids are definitely sore from Getting after it!

I know for a fact they spent a lot of time yesterday working on tackling drills. It was definitely needed.

18 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

What did you hear?

Well, here's what happened.  Williams became a good coach again last night (over the 24 hour period from Monday through today) he was able to regroup and become a good coach again. And of course, the talent stayed the same.  It was never the problem.  It was all about Coach Williams getting his mind right and now that his mind his right, all is well with Giles.  We will win everyone from here on out, because after all, the talent is there.

Just now, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Well, here's what happened.  Williams became a good coach again last night (over the 24 hour period from Monday through today) he was able to regroup and become a good coach again. And of course, the talent stayed the same.  It was never the problem.  It was all about Coach Williams getting his mind right and now that his mind his right, all is well with Giles.  We will win everyone from here on out, because after all, the talent is there.

Pot. Has. Been. Stirred. 

12 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Pot. Has. Been. Stirred. 

Pot was stirred long before that post.  I've known the man for decades and I take issue with a keyboard warrior slamming the Coach when I personally know the man is just as vested and intense and focused about winning as he ever was.  I also know the issues that go on with parents (as we are probably a bit to close to Blacksburg and the influence of the radical completely out past left field radicalism) that SOME of the parents have bought into.  The excuses and non-sense excuses made by SOME parents regarding weight lifting and off season workouts for their kids is laughable, but I can't share that on here, and that's the part the two posters have ZERO clue or concept about, and what the coaches have to deal with.  I do.  I know exactly what the deal is.  But....even with that, it's not the central problem.  The central problem is that we don't have the incredible talent we once had at this time.  We have it coming up and the future is very good and that cycle will turn very soon, but we aren't there yet.

11 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

And I thought only Union talked s&@! about the coaching 

Lets be clear on one thing.  I don't know how many Union fans have complained about their coach or coaches, but we have 2 on this board that has complained about Giles, and these complaints are new.  It's not like a huge portion or sizeable majority from Giles are complaining about the Coaches, or half the town wants him out or something. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Lets be clear on one thing.  I don't know how many Union fans have complained about their coach or coaches, but we have 2 on this board that has complained about Giles, and these complaints are new.  It's not like a huge portion or sizeable majority from Giles are complaining about the Coaches, or half the town wants him out or something. 

Everyone complains about the coaching but some only point it out as Union folks.  When I first came to this board all I ever heard was complaining about Graham’s coaching about 4-5 years ago 

20 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Everyone complains about the coaching but some only point it out as Union folks.  When I first came to this board all I ever heard was complaining about Graham’s coaching about 4-5 years ago 

Graham won the state championship in 2018. What were they complaining about then?

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

LMAO Hasn't Coach Cooper and Cook ran practice this week in Williams absence?.......yep definitely regrouped I'd say

4 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Pot was stirred long before that post.  I've known the man for decades and I take issue with a keyboard warrior slamming the Coach when I personally know the man is just as vested and intense and focused about winning as he ever was.  I also know the issues that go on with parents (as we are probably a bit to close to Blacksburg and the influence of the radical completely out past left field radicalism) that SOME of the parents have bought into.  The excuses and non-sense excuses made by SOME parents regarding weight lifting and off season workouts for their kids is laughable, but I can't share that on here, and that's the part the two posters have ZERO clue or concept about, and what the coaches have to deal with.  I do.  I know exactly what the deal is.  But....even with that, it's not the central problem.  The central problem is that we don't have the incredible talent we once had at this time.  We have it coming up and the future is very good and that cycle will turn very soon, but we aren't there yet.

So good then, we'll continue being smaller and weaker than everyone else. All that young talent you speak of won't do you a bit a good when they just get manhandled every Fri night. 

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

You can dip, dodge, dive and duck this once again as I directly quoted you once before and it was ignored. On a comment made by Hokiebird on 10-19-2021 at 5:03 P.M. you declared that Giles would be in a nail biter against Galax to decide the regional title. In large because you stated the 6 sometimes 7 sophomores on the field at all times. So.....which is it? What happened to all that talent Oh Wise One? Did they regress? Did they get outworked by other teams during the off-season? Maybe someone just stole their talents away? 😆 It's hard to respect or take someone opinions seriously when they flip flop and talk out of both sides of their face like you do. The least you could do is defend your own position without changing the subject, rambling about other issues and putting words in people's mouths. 

9 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Keeping it classy as always.  Well done. 

Let's see if I understand this. You can poke fun at posters. You can call posters names. You can blast opinions that differ from yours. You can ??? posters ideas, views, and intellect. You can throw jabs here and there. But if anybody dare do any of that towards you, well, they're just not very classy. Got it. Take a good look in the mirror buddy.