Tazewell @ Grundy

bulldog05-CO2017

23 minutes ago, EH31 said:

Actually, this isn’t true at all. Go back and read the thread. Most Tazewell posters said they were hopeful they could keep it close but the only person that actually claimed a win for Tazewell was @GMan

https://www.swvasports.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/46023-graham-vs-tazewell/

Honestly, I think this is the year that Tazewell finally punches every other SWD team in the face, that includes you too Richlands.  I think they will beat Graham in a close game, and win the district.

Is that the post you are referring to? 

14 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Honestly, I think this is the year that Tazewell finally punches every other SWD team in the face, that includes you too Richlands.  I think they will beat Graham in a close game, and win the district.

Ouch.  Internets don’t lie. 😂

32 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

Yes. 

15 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

He didn't say they would win the region. Thats the only post that I recall anyone saying that Tazewell would win district and/or region. If someone mentioned it in preseason I don't recall it. Technically @GMan isn't a Tazewell guy either that I know of.

You’re right.

Just trying to figure out where the delusion is. 

26 minutes ago, EH31 said:

You’re right.

I remember reading that post and laughing to myself about it.  Agreed on the Richlands part at the time but was thinking that won't happen against Graham.

12 hours ago, EH31 said:

You’re right.

the delusion is fooling yourself (Taz folks) into thinking you're a legit threat to make a deep run in 2D.

But don't Worry, Harris will get 20+ targets a game

I'm still wondering how somebody not a tazewell fan said it. But all tazewell fans are delusional. Yet we knew was going be good year for us. But we ain't acting like we state champions. We knew we had to beat graham.

20 minutes ago, THS6805 said:

I'm still wondering how somebody not a tazewell fan said it. But all tazewell fans are delusional. Yet we knew was going be good year for us. But we ain't acting like we state champions. We knew we had to beat graham.

Overlook, Big Winners; he’s just trying to get under UVAObserver’s skin. He likes to stir the pot. You know what they say, if you stir it be prepared to lick the spoon 😂

20 hours ago, BigWinners said:

the delusion is fooling yourself (Taz folks) into thinking you're a legit threat to make a deep run in 2D.

But don't Worry, Harris will get 20+ targets a game

But who/where has someone said that? It wasn’t in the Graham thread. Was it somewhere else that I missed?

Harris is averaging 4 catches per game. If he really was getting 20+ targets the team completion percentage would be awful.

13 minutes ago, EH31 said:

But who/where has someone said that? It wasn’t in the Graham thread. Was it somewhere else that I missed?

Harris is averaging 4 catches per game. If he really was getting 20+ targets the team completion percentage would be awful.

Nobody said it.  For some reason, people like to bash the dogs when their own team is struggling.  "But, but, but Tazewell, errr, parade, errr, you predicted them winning 2A....derrr ".... <<my impression of them.  Its getting old...

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Overlook, Big Winners; he’s just trying to get under UVAObserver’s skin. He likes to stir the pot. You know what they say, if you stir it be prepared to lick the spoon 😂

It’s funny, because he really doesn’t, at all.  It’s doubly funny when, attempting and failing to do so, he posts predictions that end up backfiring in his face like Elmer Fudd’s shotgun.

14 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Nobody said it.  For some reason, people like to bash the dogs when their own team is struggling.  "But, but, but Tazewell, errr, parade, errr, you predicted them winning 2A....derrr ".... <<my impression of them.  Its getting old...

Now I'm sure I can get called out just as easy about refs that suck or some bad calls but I never say we lost a game due to that.  As far as I know most Dogs fans aren't making excuses when we lose.  Now there have been a few times we thought we were going to win and it turned into a loss.  Those aren't to fun to explain but still no excuses.

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s funny, because he really doesn’t, at all.  It’s doubly funny when, attempting and failing to do so, he posts predictions that end up backfiring in his face like Elmer Fudd’s shotgun.

At least I don't run away and hide when my predictions are wrong like you do, you.chickenshit.

15 hours ago, EH31 said:

We gonna pretend Harris wasn't force fed the ball just to get the record last year?.

This is a hard one to pick.

Grundy lost some close ones....and beat the teams they should have beat solidly. 

Tazewell beat VHS and Battle. VHS looks great on paper with a 4 - 1 record but lets be honest the strength of schedule is pretty week with them playing FOUR!!! 1A schools and (1) quality win vs Central.

THS -- 28
GHS -- 27

Just now, BigWinners said:

We gonna pretend Harris wasn't force fed the ball just to get the record last year?.

Last year, this year, what are we talking about? 

You started out by claiming delusion but didn’t cite any of your source material. 

I feel like I missed something but I’m not getting filled in. 

2 hours ago, EH31 said:

Last year, this year, what are we talking about? 

You started out by claiming delusion but didn’t cite any of your source material. 

I feel like I missed something but I’m not getting filled in. 

No, you're not missing anything.  The cylinders in his mental engine are misfiring, and it's lost on no one but him.

Tazewell's "air raid" offense of 2021 was that way out of necessity.  You have a generationally talented kid at QB, and a kid who committed to a perennial Top 25 FCS program at WR.  The other skill position players consisted of tall players who know how to use their bodies in space.  The OL was very raw and green, and replacing every single starter from the year before.  Logic seems to dictate that you throw the ball until your QB's arm falls off.  If Tazewell tried to line up and run the ball 40 times per game, they'd have gone 1-9.  Coach Harris getting the Fall 2021 Bulldogs to a .500 regular season was his best coaching job by a mile, even better than 2019 (going 7-4 with the sidelines looking like a M*A*S*H* ward).  Sure, Harris had 103 receptions.  J. Mullins had 50.  E. Mills had 50 (and tied Harris with 11 TDs).  McDonald had 30 (with 5 TDs of his own).  It wasn't as if Harris had 80% of the catches.  He didn't even have 40%.

Tazewell's offense of 2022 is less prolific, but considerably more balanced.  Injuries have played a sizable role in that: Creasy being out for a couple of weeks led to Harris playing out of position to give his team the best chance to win.  What is lost on the dumber folks among us is that Harris willingly threw away an assault on a VHSL career record to try and give his team the best chance to win.  That blows the whole "feeding him" argument to smithereens.  Personnel also allows more balance.  The line play from the 2022 team is markedly improved, so Creasy doesn't have to throw the ball 35+ times per game.  The 2022 offense will more likely than not double the rushing output of 2021.  Heck, there was even a screen pass last week (that worked pretty darned well).