Region C & D Power Points

SwvaOG

Pulled this from another board and haven't verified everything put I think its pretty close.  Does anyone have an actual link to the source publication for the official rankings??

1. Martinsville. (4-0). 24.5
2. Radford. (5-0). 23.6
3. Alleghany. (4-1). 19.8
4. Glenvar. (3-2). 18.2
5. Floyd. (3-1). 16.75
6. Appomattox. (2-3). 15.8
7. Gretna. (1-3). 14.75
8. James River. (2-2). 14.25
9. Chatham. (2-2). 14.0
10. Dan River (1-4). 12.0
11. Patrick. (1-3). 11.5
12 Nelson. (1-3). 10.75

1. Graham. (5-0). 22.0
2. Ridgeview. (4-0). 22.0
3. Virginia. (4-1). 19.6
4. Gate City. (3-2). 17.2
5. Union. (3-2). 16.8
6. Tazewell. (2-3). 16.75
7. Lee. (2-2). 15.25
8. Central. (2-2). 14.5
9. Richlands. (1-4). 12.2
10. Battle. (1-4). 12.2
11. Marion. (1-4). 10.6

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

IF....IF Radford and Graham win out and meet at 13-0, Graham is traveling. I still believe we haven't seen the last of Glenvar. 

Does Radford play more 3A & 4A schools than Graham? I’m not sure how power points work but I know Graham is playing one 3A & one 4A. They’ll get 3A & 4A points for those. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Does Radford play more 3A & 4A schools than Graham? I’m not sure how power points work but I know Graham is playing one 3A & one 4A. They’ll get 3A & 4A points for those. 

Radford plays Carroll County in 2 weeks. Easy win for the Bobcats but still 3A points. 

Radford opponents like Gate City doing well and Fort Chiswell with a Giles win. GC over Union and Abingdon, and FC over Giles are unexpected wins for Radford. Bluefield losing to Woodrow Wilson and Union losing to GC unexpected. That's 5 games that went the wrong/unexpected way against Graham and in favor of Radford and all 5 matter in the power rating between Radford and Graham.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Radford opponents like Gate City doing well and Fort Chiswell with a Giles win. GC over Union and Abingdon, and FC over Giles are unexpected wins for Radford. Bluefield losing to Woodrow Wilson and Union losing to GC unexpected. That's 5 games that went the wrong/unexpected way against Graham and in favor of Radford and all 5 matter in the power rating between Radford and Graham.

Is there anyone in Radford’s remaining games that could realistically beat them? I mean any team can be beaten at any time including the Graham’s & Radford’s of the world but some seem more unlikely than others. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Is there anyone in Radford’s remaining games that could realistically beat them? I mean any team can be beaten at any time including the Graham’s & Radford’s of the world but some seem more unlikely than others. 

No matter the record Radford/Glenvar will likely be a dog fight. Radford will definitely be the favorites but Glenvar will play their best game against them.

Radford has 118 total points right now. 

Graham has 110. But, they are actually dead even. Graham still plays Bburg (8 pts) and Pulaski (4) pts.  Radford plays Carrolll (4 pts). The difference above is 8 points in favor of Graham Regardless of what PC, Bburg, or Carroll does. So, Graham actually will close the gap and has a shot.

15 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Radford has 118 total points right now. 

Graham has 110. But, they are actually dead even. Graham still plays Bburg (8 pts) and Pulaski (4) pts.  Radford plays Carrolll (4 pts). The difference above is 8 points in favor of Graham Regardless of what PC, Bburg, or Carroll does. So, Graham actually will close the gap and has a shot.

Isn’t each class you play up only worth 2 points, not 4? 

I thought it was 

1a - 16 Win / 4 Loss

2a - 18/6

3a - 20/8

4a - 22/10

5a - 24/12

6a - 26/14

am I wrong? Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?

5 hours ago, Jollay, living rent free said:

You have 1C and 1D points?

Maybe check VA Preps, 1A Fall. I’m not sure if anyone does it for 1A classification on that site. Should be coming from VHSL soon I would think though. These are just guys figuring it up themselves. 

21 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I bet Ridgeview's coaching staff is hoping the G-Men are looking ahead to Radford like you are... 😄

21 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

No matter the record Radford/Glenvar will likely be a dog fight. Radford will definitely be the favorites but Glenvar will play their best game against them.

I know the team I saw in preseason and I know, it's only preseason  My eyes ain't that bad. They ain't great eyes, but I am not blind. Glenvar was a very, very good and talented football team and I know about the close losses to Martinsville and Galax, but.... they can play. Union lost to GC and now has two losses. Some people are now starting to kind of count em out.. That's fine, but we all know for one game, they have enough talent to go toe to toe with a team like Graham. Glenvar isn't any different in C.

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I bet Ridgeview's coaching staff is hoping the G-Men are looking ahead to Radford like you are... 😄

Nobody is looking ahead just curious if it’s possible for anyone in 2D to out point them is all or Martinsville for that matter.  One week at a time. I guarantee Graham Is only focused on GW right now.