Games being moved to Thursday night?

BlueDevilVolMan

3 hours ago, BlueDevilVolMan said:

With us likely getting moisture from Hurricane Ian on Friday, who could be moving their games to Thursday?

Unicoi County is scheduled to host Chuckey Doak at 7:30pm on Friday and that’s been moved to Thursday at 7:30pm. 

Science Hill vs. Morristown East has also been bumped up to Thursday.

I may come check out that Unicoi and Chuckey-Doak game if it's Thursday!  That should be a heck of a game!

I hope we (Dobyns-Bennett) stay on Friday.  I already took Friday off since Jeff County is a little bit of a drive from Abingdon and I would have to rush to drive home from Abingdon at 5:00 after work, then to Dandridge. 

If they win this one, then wow! I'm going Dillon by 2 touchdowns. Loris has clearly made the leap to a top 10 program in SC 3A. If you see a score with Dillon where it's even close, then they are a legit top 5 team in 3A this year, because Dillon is THE ultimate measuring stick. They are about the baddest of the bad for their level of play in South Carolina.

8 hours ago, BlueDevilVolMan said:

With us likely getting moisture from Hurricane Ian on Friday, who could be moving their games to Thursday?

Unicoi County is scheduled to host Chuckey Doak at 7:30pm on Friday and that’s been moved to Thursday at 7:30pm. 

Going to be a bang-bang call with the start of the rain.  Should be OK, and definitely will if the storm slows.

8 hours ago, Cousin_Hoyt said:

It’s called home field advantage.

Thar's true. The losing side always says they would've won if it wasn't a bad field. Seen it with Patrick Henry last year after they lose to Grundy with bad field conditions.

12 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

All these games moved to Thursday.

Greensville County - Surry County

Southampton - Sussex County

Windsor - Brunswick

Northampton - Middlesex  postponed indefinitely due to high winds on the Bay Bridge

Add Poquoson at Smithfield to that list. Moved to Thursday night (tonight).

Ok so I don't mean to minimize the impact and potential damage/devastation from the TS or TD when it gets here but why is it that all the central VA schools are moving the games and good old SW VA is leaving them on Friday?  Forecast tracking shows it hitting over usdirectly and not them.

6 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

Ok so I don't mean to minimize the impact and potential damage/devastation from the TS or TD when it gets here but why is it that all the central VA schools are moving the games and good old SW VA is leaving them on Friday?  Forecast tracking shows it hitting over usdirectly and not them.

I'm going to guess it's because what few people do show up on Friday nights in that area would be staying at the house if just a drop of rain fell. I suppose Thursday night will get a few butts in the stands at least.

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I'm going to guess it's because what few people do show up on Friday nights in that area would be staying at the house if just a drop of rain fell. I suppose Thursday night will get a few butts in the stands at least.

I’d say attendance will be down at most stadiums tomorrow night, even if the weather doesn’t arrive until late tomorrow night. 

20 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Already had to miss two games this year.  I'm sure not going to miss this one!

5 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’d say attendance will be down at most stadiums tomorrow night, even if the weather doesn’t arrive until late tomorrow night. 

I was hoping it would hold off until after the games, but the lower counties, towards the TN/NC border, are looking to be a little wet come game time.