Backyard Brawl: Tazewell at Richlands

Austrian Ben Shapiro

Based purely upon results so far, Tazewell should win; however, not a blowout. I see it as two programs that appear to be heading in opposite trajectories and meeting in the middle. Even though rivals, if winning this game warrants a parade from either side, it is evident that both have accepted their status as perennial Tazewell County and SWD bridesmaids to Graham. For now, celebrating mediocrity is the bright spot. As a Blues fan, I’m still holding out faith that the coaches and players figure it out. Richlands 17-Tazewell 14.

Tazewell by 14. I’m literally taking a write up from work to go to this game😂 but it wouldn’t surprise me if Tazewell beat them worse than 14, yet it would surprise me if it was close. Depends on the intensity Tazewell brings, they have the weapons to win big. It’s just will they do it. 

Richlands’s defense isn’t what I’d call “poor”.  All things being equal, it plays well enough to keep them reasonably competitive against teams outside the Graham/Union tiers.  Respectable, I’d say.

Richlands’s offense looks like the football version of what would happen if Sloth mated with The Thing, then the resulting baby got mauled by a Doberman.  

But it’s a rivalry game, and Richlands is home.  This is Richlands’s last shot at salvaging anything of value from this season.

Tazewell is almost as healthy as they have been all season, with the exception of week 1.  Creasy is nearly 100 percent.  They get one of their D linemen back this week (at least that's what I hear).  Tazewell  needs to be locked in and focused.  Hoping for a Dog's win.

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Tazewell 24, Richlands 12. Tazewell by 10 to 14 points.

Just being honest here, it won’t be 10 cause Tazewells field goal kicker has a hard time on PATs let alone anything outside PAT range. However, he will get better. That said, they’ll never have another Andrew Murray. 

11 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

Just being honest here, it won’t be 10 cause Tazewells field goal kicker has a hard time on PATs let alone anything outside PAT range. However, he will get better. That said, they’ll never have another Andrew Murray. 

He’s hit 5 of the last 6 he’s attempted, and the 1 was a poor hold in the rain.  He’s improving quite a bit, though range is certainly an issue.

11 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

7/9 on PAT’s on the season. 

Don't look now, but the Dogs are going to go 7-3 in the regular season.  Would have been 8-2 with a healthy QB playing in the Richmond Metro Area.  What's interesting for Region D will be how the points turn out.  Virginia High, Tazewell, Union, and Gate City are going to be very, very close in final record and power points.  4 teams that may be separated by small, small differences in power rankings at the end of the regular season.  Of all the 4 teams mentioned in VH, Tazewell, Union, and GC, it may be VH that finishes higher in power rating as it looks to me like they are heading for an 8-2 sneaky good regular season record.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

He’s hit 5 of the last 6 he’s attempted, and the 1 was a poor hold in the rain.  He’s improving quite a bit, though range is certainly an issue.

I’m glad to hear that. Still questionable outside 20 though. As said, I do believe he will get better and better. 

1 minute ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I agree with this. I think they’ll beat bluefield in a close one. 

I heard today Bluefield has serious problems from a close Bluefield Beaver longtime friend.  The problems are just flat out behavior issues with some of the kids (not Most, not All, but some) and those some are enough to cause issues with their team for this year and effect performance.  Do not be surprised if you see a couple players quit on Bluefield's team by the time their next game rolls around.  They have talent at Bluefield High and on that team, but they are a basket case for this year.  Those issues will serve as an advantage to Tazewell in my opinion when they play, which makes me think Tazewell beats em close.

10 minutes ago, bulldog05-CO2017 said:

I agree with this. I think they’ll beat bluefield in a close one. 

I said 7-3 would be a good outcome for them, figuring losses would come from Graham, Riverheads and Bluefield.  I won't go as far as saying they will finish 7-3 at this point, a lot of football left to be played, but their chances against Bluefield are better then I thought they would be this season.  Bluefield's Hairston going down for the season really hurt them.  I imagine some suspensions will be handed out after the fighting on friday.  I guess we will see what that fallout is soon enough.