Union @ Ridgeview

TaterHater

34 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I forgot to mention this. But the music selection by the p.a. folks was good. But please quit playing that puke orange “Rocky Top.” 

Agree.  The Pack has the best game day atmosphere.  The fireworks, team introduction, music selection were great.  The Rick Flair yell was awesome.  

2 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

After tonight two things are obvious:  they don’t know how and they don’t really seem to try.  They do nothing for the kid.  Glad to see a few shorter routes on the second half to Counts and Honaker.  I think those were all completions.

Gotta be careful. Short routes to get the ball in your playmakers’ hands aren’t well received on the message boards. Throw it deep or don’t throw it at all!!

4 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

2, 4, 7, and 28 are all freshmen. They played really well. I think there was another that was in on a few plays too.

And Cannon Hill is a stud.

Bright future for the Bears then with all those freshman getting alot of experience.  

I honestly after watching RV play last year am very surprised how good they are running the ball this year and now if they would just add the short passing game in and let the playmaker’s do there thing and quit getting dumb false starts they would have one of the best offenses in the state BUT they have to clean that up and quit throwing the deep ball and throw short to intermediate passes that works if they wanna make a Deep run. That’s just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Packman said:

Bright future for the Bears then with all those freshman getting alot of experience.  

I honestly after watching RV play last year am very surprised how good they are running the ball this year and now if they would just add the short passing game in and let the playmaker’s do there thing and quit getting dumb false starts they would have one of the best offenses in the state BUT they have to clean that up and quit throwing the deep ball and throw short to intermediate passes that works if they wanna make a Deep run. That’s just my opinion. 

People kept questioning their defense.  I thought they had one of the fastest and most athletic defenses in the Region and they proved that last night.  Plus one of their best Dlineman didn’t play so they can get better.

Ive been telling people that they are a running team now and only pass about 33% of the time.  They refuse to to give what the d is giving them in terms of passing.  They have to fix that.

8 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

2, 4, 7, and 28 are all freshmen. They played really well. I think there was another that was in on a few plays too.

And Cannon Hill is a stud.

Isn’t the center a freshman, not sure of name though maybe Horton and why did it take so long to put Huff at receiver they really need to listen to us more lol

15 minutes ago, Duke2015 said:

Isn’t the center a freshman, not sure of name though maybe Horton and why did it take so long to put Huff at receiver they really need to listen to us more lol

Possibly, I couldn't remember for certain.

Is kinda funny how many suggestions on here were implemented last night. Haha 

30 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Possibly, I couldn't remember for certain.

Is kinda funny how many suggestions on here were implemented last night. Haha 

Somebody looks like he knows what he is talking about uh. Maybe they should have listened to Unionshammer last year. Just saying IMO

23 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

And why is #28 not the go to back yet? I think it is the same reason it took so long to get #4 on offense. 

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

And why is #28 not the go to back yet? I think it is the same reason it took so long to get #4 on offense. 

And this what I meant when I said Union had the chance to control the game and blew it.

We were getting consistent, clock chewing yardage with 28 out of the T, but got penalties or just went away from it. Couple that with stopping Ridgeview on one of the many 3rd and longs we gave them, and we could have controlled the game.

Credit The Pack, but also credit our coaching decisions for their win.

54 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

And this what I meant when I said Union had the chance to control the game and blew it.

We were getting consistent, clock chewing yardage with 28 out of the T, but got penalties or just went away from it. Couple that with stopping Ridgeview on one of the many 3rd and longs we gave them, and we could have controlled the game.

28 has to be the back in shotgun formation. 16 can rest him. Make this move and it changes everything. Opens up the rest of the offense. Good for everybody. Is this not obvious to everybody?

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

28 has to be the back in shotgun formation. 16 can rest him. Make this move and it changes everything. Opens up the rest of the offense. Good for everybody. Is this not obvious to everybody?

There are several things that are obvious to most of the fans, but we're not the ones calling the plays... unfortunately.

Everything is obvious from the stands.  Best view the entire game lol. First year without a true feature back but they have several that can get good yardage given the chance.  Why they're not utilized we'll never know.  Coaches gotta trust the ones that have consistently been there plain and simple.  You've got some kids that have proven time and again they can handle it on both sides of the ball.  You're CEO, if there's no production from your employees you don't keep making the same product that's not making money.  Hopefully,  they've worked out some personnel changes over the weekend.  If,  and if they win out it's going to be insanely close from #3-#7 seeds in the region. 

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Everything is obvious from the stands.  Best view the entire game lol. First year without a true feature back but they have several that can get good yardage given the chance.  Why they're not utilized we'll never know.  Coaches gotta trust the ones that have consistently been there plain and simple.  You've got some kids that have proven time and again they can handle it on both sides of the ball.  You're CEO, if there's no production from your employees you don't keep making the same product that's not making money.  Hopefully,  they've worked out some personnel changes over the weekend.  If,  and if they win out it's going to be insanely close from #3-#7 seeds in the region. 

Seeding doesn’t matter all paths go thru graham and Ridgeview anyways 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:16 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

The real difference in why Ridgeview won this game is simple... the Hammer's train horn or lack thereof.  It definitely cost the Pack the game last year.  The fact that his hammer sounded more like a rusty old Buick on its last legs Friday night made all the difference this time.  😄

🤣🤣🤣🤣 the Hammer doesn't bring the horn no more. Them horns u heard were drill operated. But nice try ill have to tell him you where asking about him. He doesn't get on here no more after the meltdown of certain coaches had on him. Its really shameful the way he was treated that dude was just a super fan never had a kid play for union just loved high school football and for them to treat their most loyal fan is disgraceful and it looks that karma might be biting them this year for it. But enough about the hammer. Ridgeview just wanted it more this past Friday night then the bears. The bright spot thou is Ridgeview should have won this game 9 seniors on offense and the U playing all those underclassmen and held their own. It will be back to status quo from here on out especially after O'Quinn leaves next year as well. He will look good wearing orange.  

On 10/9/2022 at 6:29 PM, Union_Fan said:

Union never had a chance to control the game. There was never a point in the game that any Ridgeview player or fan was scared of Union. Despite Ridgeviews failures with the coaching staff, it was obvious that they had way more talent, will, and self control overall. Ridgeview was at least 3 td's better than Union 

11 hours ago, 70Chip said:

Union never had a chance to control the game. There was never a point in the game that any Ridgeview player or fan was scared of Union. Despite Ridgeviews failures with the coaching staff, it was obvious that they had way more talent, will, and self control overall. Ridgeview was at least 3 td's better than Union 

I think the scoreboard and a lot of Union fans would beg to differ on your analysis. 

I’m a Ridgeview fan and i was not comfortable til we i saw 0:00 on the clock and it was the end of the game.  When we went up 20-11 near the end i was finally able to breathe.  Union played us alot tougher than I wanted to see.  

9 minutes ago, Packman said:

I’m a Ridgeview fan and i was not comfortable til we i saw 0:00 on the clock and it was the end of the game.  When we went up 20-11 near the end i was finally able to breathe.  Union played us alot tougher than I wanted to see.  

Any of you all have Satterfields ypc average? I would like to see him get more touches. I could be wrong, but it seems whenver Johnny Satterfield totes the rock, the rock gets moved a minimum of 5 yds. His pappy was the same way at Lee High back in the day, except his pappy had some serious burst/dangerous speed.

11 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Any of you all have Satterfields ypc average? I would like to see him get more touches. I could be wrong, but it seems whenver Johnny Satterfield totes the rock, the rock gets moved a minimum of 5 yds. His pappy was the same way at Lee High back in the day, except his pappy had some serious burst/dangerous speed.

What was his dad's name and about when did he graduate? I recall that last name but can't remember his first name.