Best Defenses of last 20 years

Gridiron60

22 hours ago, #BBN said:

Best Defensive Coordinator around this area! Played for him in 1999 and 2000! Great coach, had a great love for the game, and would fire you up better than anyone!!

One of the best defenses I remember was 1997-1998 Powell Valley Defense! With talent like Julius Jones at Safety, Don Dorton and Keith Davis at MLB, Jason Johnson at OLB, along with Matt McCoy at the other OLB, Josh Warren and Matt Coughlin at DE, and a nasty group of defensive tackles in Shea Chapman, Brian Chandler, Luke Gilly, Cory Davis, Calvin Davis! CB if I remember correctly were Josh Rogers and Michael Prewitt and this team won back to back state titles and had a shut down defense!!!

The "worst" team PV had in the 90's during the Jones era was the 91 team.......and to be honest it wasn't a bad team, they went 5 -5 allowing 9.1 ppg and 4 shutouts. They just had a brutal schedule. The teams that beat them had a combined record 52 - 11* The highlight of the year was marching into Legion field and beating a good 7 -1 (at the time) GC team 3 to 0.

Speaking of 1991 what was the reason behind the J.I. Burton games being listed as forfeits? 

10 minutes ago, foosballer said:

The "worst" team PV had in the 90's during the Jones era was the 91 team.......and to be honest it wasn't a bad team, they went 5 -5 allowing 9.1 ppg and 4 shutouts. They just had a brutal schedule. The teams that beat them had a combined record 52 - 11* The highlight of the year was marching into Legion field and beating a good 7 -1 (at the time) GC team 3 to 0.

Speaking of 1991 what was the reason behind the J.I. Burton games being listed as forfeits? 

they played a kid that was inelgible , i think they were 9-1 that year before the fofeits

31 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Nothing wrong with the defense on that team, but the offense was a different story. Not going to win many games when the offense can only muster more than 8 points in 4 games, and one of those was 12 points.

I think this '91 team best describes the coaching disparity between Jones and Robbins. Without a ton of talent, Jones rose to the occasion, Robbins didn't.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Nothing wrong with the defense on that team, but the offense was a different story. Not going to win many games when the offense can only muster more than 8 points in 4 games, and one of those was 12 points.

I think this '91 team best describes the coaching disparity between Jones and Robbins. Without a ton of talent, Jones rose to the occasion, Robbins didn't.

Not to mention they lost a ton of talent from the 89 and 90 teams