Tazewell Vs Bluefield

bulldog05-CO2017

8 minutes ago, Hard Hitter said:

Tazewell will be one and done in the playoffs while graham will march on to the region finals! Guess they never heard of karma or never tug on supermans cape 

WTF? 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:08 AM, Gridiron60 said:

Does Bluefield go to Ridgeview or do they play at Mitchell? Bluefield can defend the pass offense and they’ve got speed to burn; Fuller was on the money last night;  they may give Ridgeview a run for their money. It could turn into an upset. I’m not saying that happens but I dare say most people didn’t expect the game last night to turn out the way it did either. Records don’t always reflect accurately on a team. I said that once before on here in reference to Bluefield this season & was mocked by another board member. I still stand by that statement. Don’t count the Beavers out against Ridgeview! 

Well, from the RV side, they are most definitely not taking Bluefield for granted.  Nor Abingdon, nor Gate City. I’ve not heard one comment hinting at that.  The general consensus is that they are talented, have athletes and tend to get better as the season progresses.

Bluefield appears to be a little more poised than the first half of the season so I would expect a good game.  R.V. hasn't really been tested for a whole game. R.V. had a great week last week when they needed it as did Bluefield.  R.V. has started slow a  few times and made some plays when they needed to.  I look for it to come down to the final possession.  

33-30 either way but after last week who knows/just a good matchup

4 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

WTF? 

I live rent-free in a bunch of folks’ heads, apparently.  

Quite honestly, I don’t get it.  If my primary allegiance was to a 7-0 team, I wouldn’t give nary a care about a .500 team that my team defeated by 30 in Week 2 of the season.  It’s almost as if fear is the primary motivator, but surely that’s not it…

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

I live rent-free in a bunch of folks’ heads, apparently.  

Quite honestly, I don’t get it.  If my primary allegiance was to a 7-0 team, I wouldn’t give nary a care about a .500 team that my team defeated by 30 in Week 2 of the season.  It’s almost as if fear is the primary motivator, but surely that’s not it…

As far as the second paragraph goes, I think many of us, even if we are happy and/or envious of the G-men, are rooting for a foil on the Virginia side. I guess Union is the closest thing, as they were during the second half of Richlands dominant years. Right now in 2D it seems Graham is consistently the favorite in every 2D game.

1 minute ago, tornado99 said:

As far as the second paragraph goes, I think many of us, even if we are happy and/or envious of the G-men, are rooting for a foil on the Virginia side. I guess Union is the closest thing, as they were during the second half of Richlands dominant years. Right now in 2D it seems Graham is consistently the favorite in every 2D game.

If Ridgeview’s coaches could call a competent, complete game, that would be an interesting matchup.  But I agree, much as we saw with Richlands circa 2004-2016, having the same alpha dog for years on end gets tiresome.  But it’s cyclical…no program endures forever.  Talent ebbs and flows, and coaches come and go.  

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

If Ridgeview’s coaches could call a competent, complete game, that would be an interesting matchup.  But I agree, much as we saw with Richlands circa 2004-2016, having the same alpha dog for years on end gets tiresome.  But it’s cyclical…no program endures forever.  Talent ebbs and flows, and coaches come and go.  

RV’s window is closing.  They will have had the programs best RB, QB and WR in a four year window and, to date, no region titles to show for it.  The program is not a year round program and as the talent dries up, the warts will begin to show. The culture is not one of a hard working, get in the gym and let’s work mentality.   Union and Graham will always outwork RV until there is a cultural change.

17 hours ago, Hard Hitter said:

Tazewell will be one and done in the playoffs while graham will march on to the region finals! Guess they never heard of karma or never tug on supermans cape 

Not only will they be out they will do it in style getting destroyed by whomever they play.  There's a third world country about to get their Tazewell Bulldogs 2022 1/3 SWD Champs t-shirts any day now. Sorry we ruined your championship.

2 hours ago, CPF said:

Not only will they be out they will do it in style getting destroyed by whomever they play.  There's a third world country about to get their Tazewell Bulldogs 2022 1/3 SWD Champs t-shirts any day now. Sorry we ruined your championship.

It's not often that I say something negative or cutting on here but it is the fans like you that make me pull against Graham when in reality we should be pulling for other county teams in the matchups.  We may be done in the first round but that's ok we will show up and support them in full gear and cheer.  I would almost bet that we have more fans at an away game than Graham does at home for the first round of playoffs.

4 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

It's not often that I say something negative or cutting on here but it is the fans like you that make me pull against Graham when in reality we should be pulling for other county teams in the matchups.  We may be done in the first round but that's ok we will show up and support them in full gear and cheer.  I would almost bet that we have more fans at an away game than Graham does at home for the first round of playoffs.

If I offended you I apologize. Wasn't directed at most tazewell fans. Just the delusional ones.

5 minutes ago, CPF said:

If I offended you I apologize. Wasn't directed at most tazewell fans. Just the delusional ones.

I don't get offended but continuous digs gets irritating.  There are those types of fans with all schools.  I consider myself realistic with an optimistic hope.  I know the reality of the situation but always hope that we can find a way to accomplish a great feat.  If you go into a battle thinking you are going to lose, then you most definitely will lose.

14 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

I will say Tazewell has great community support for the boys.  Every group of kids deserves a community that will support them in good times and not so good times. Tazewell is fortunate they have that support. I hope it continues even if Coach Harris leaves. 

15 hours ago, CPF said:

What position do you play?

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/16/2022 at 12:18 PM, Hard Hitter said:

Mount View would have had an awesome team this year. ...😁  

On 10/17/2022 at 8:45 AM, stu_bean said:

And that would be a solid bet.  It's easy to get behind an all star team.  I'll be the first one in the gate at the Graham game the following week, if Tazewell loses.  I didn't grow up as a Bulldog, but I'll tell you one thing for sure:  the people in Tazewell are humble and they treat you with respect.  The saying "Once a bulldog, always a Bulldog" is a perfect way of summarizing that community.