Important…

GMan

You guys need to clean up your acts!!!

Stop calling out people NOW!!!

Stop with the racial accusations NOW!!!

Act like adults or I’m shutting this whole thing down!!

Don’t ask why I deleted a certain post on the board, YOU ALL KNOW WHY!!!

This board is up for renewal right now and I’m not sure I want it to continue the way many of you are acting. 

If I do keep it going, there will be lots of changes. I won’t be putting up with the crap that has been going on here lately.  

IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH WHAT I JUST POSTED, PACK YOU BAG BECAUSE YOU’LL BE GONE…PERIOD!!!  I DON’T CARE IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOREVER, GET OUT OF LINE ONE MORE TIME AND IT’S OVER. 

G-Man

12 minutes ago, Observer said:

I remember the days of the old LPD Forum.  Everybody loved giving each a hard time but we all knew it was in good fun.  Nowadays it's hard to tell if somebody is being serious or if there is malice behind their words.

You had to have some thick skin on that board! That was total brutality at times!

2 minutes ago, SXSW said:

You had to have some thick skin on that board! That was total brutality at times!

I blame Will. He just makes it so easy for everyone to want to take runs at him. 

Seriously, I hope it gets straightened out. I really did enjoy this place at one point.

20 minutes ago, Observer said:

I remember the days of the old LPD Forum.  Everybody loved giving each a hard time but we all knew it was in good fun.  Nowadays it's hard to tell if somebody is being serious or if there is malice behind their words.

That's where I cut my teeth and learned how to roll with the punches. It taught me how to be a good natured troll lol

Been on here for years officially and several before that.  It's always fun to have some things going back and forth and expressing opinions.  We all get a bit heated at times and very passionate about what we feel/believe.  I try to keep my stance on things and express them but know just to let it go at times and just simply drop it.  I would hate to see anything happen to the board as it is my main source of info for things in the area.  Living in Tazewell but working near Marion makes it difficult to keep up with my team and those that I am most interested in.  Not that I don't like to hear about all area teams that is.  Makes it much more fun going to the games and keeping up to date with what's happening on game night.  Sure I could find out scores other ways but to me this is more like a family community.  Sure we have some we might not really like or get along with all the time but it is what makes this board so much fun and why keep coming back for more.

Been on here for 17 years, enjoyed every one of them but it seems like lately several threads have taken nasty turns, included but not limited to digging into peoples personal lives and trying to expose them. Hopefully we can right the ship and keep this going. 

One simple easy rule I always try to follow. Agree or Disagree, but NEVER make it personal. Ever. Name-calling and going personal over an opinion opposite of your own is a sign of an ego problem and immaturity and in my opinion, low emotional intelligence. 99.9 percent of any out of control argument or thread on not just this board, but any board in the country is not from a disagreement, but someone going personal (some personal attack or name called) because they simply don't have the ability to disagree and make their point without making it personal, then it spirals. This applies to anyone who does it regularly. There's a huge difference in that and simply having a bad day, of which several of the longtime regular posters here that are classy dudes simply had a bad day, and they are emotionally sharp in my opinion and their day was the exception to their normal rule.

Some of the best posts on this board have been made by Hokiebird7 who has wrote many times, 'agree to disagree" and simply leaving it at that and moving on without the personal stuff. That's emotional intelligence.

I said more than I should have last night obviously. We have that ironed out now. Things got a little carried away and those of us that normally keep our cool didn't do so well. Whatever you do @GMan don't shut this down because of me. I'll bow out before i would ruin the fun for everyone else. 

25 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I didn't check in yesterday.  Looks like I missed a good ole fashioned blow up.  What happened?

I dunno I missed it as well. It must have been pretty bad, GMan has been MAD at me before but never so mad he was gonna shut the whole thing down lol

If people didn't take it life or death serious and left out the attacks on HS kids, I think place be fine. 

1 minute ago, Mountain Football said:

It's kinda like showing up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving expecting to get that Black Friday deal on a new hunting rifle.

What.....no rainchecks????

It's a lot like watching ESPN with Stephen Smith.  Can't stand his opinion or attitude,  but it's so simple to change the channel.  Some here forget that you can simply not give it any more thought,  gotta have the last word to say I told you so.  Gets personal for some moms and dads when someone calls out their kid by number, position, etc. Back up,  pay attention, and don't type things to bring negative attention to your respective team.  It's a very similar lesson that unfortunately some youngins just learned.  Be proud of your teams,  discuss and compare and argue who's best. Agree to disagree sometimes, it's not a loss. Just be glad you're not the official that blew the infamous no-catch td at union or the one that called the celebration penalty against burton in the state championship. 

1 hour ago, Observer said:

Really though I got called out for not knowing my geography.  Getting a little ridiculous 

• GMan locked this topic