Tazewell VS Marion

bulldog05-CO2017

20 minutes ago, Liam McPoyle said:

Marion's only chance is if Tazewell takes a dive to rid their trophy case of this.

image.jpeg.6884944d721711326c5712729f9f73e6.jpeg

That's pretty hideous 😂 As far as the game, Richlands put a hurting on Marion, I would expect Tazewell to do the same but then again, I didn't expect Bluefield to have a blowout game against them. This season has been full of crazy stuff!  

I don't think theres any doubt to this topic. Tazewell wins easily I will say Marion has some decent players but its a mystery as to how they are being used. Dateline might investigate to find out the Hurricane philosophy. With that being said I do know some good people in Marion who expected this to be around a 5-5 season.

59 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

I don't think theres any doubt to this topic. Tazewell wins easily I will say Marion has some decent players but its a mystery as to how they are being used. Dateline might investigate to find out the Hurricane philosophy. With that being said I do know some good people in Marion who expected this to be around a 5-5 season.

Marion is the laughing stock when it comes to football in SWVA it doesn’t matter who the coach is the program is a dumpster fire and that’s not changing anytime soon 

2 hours ago, Canes00 said:

Marion is the laughing stock when it comes to football in SWVA it doesn’t matter who the coach is the program is a dumpster fire and that’s not changing anytime soon 

Could you please specify if you are talking about the program as a whole or the people in charge of it. Those boys go out every damn Friday night and give it their all, they can't help what play calls are sent in, what position they have been task to play(some who have never played their position before) because Ginn did not let them try out for positions he just picked where everyone would play, or they fact that  he doesn't believe in conditioning or playing guys on both O and D. There are several players who read these threads on here and don't need to hear negative things about their team all the time. Bottom line is we got handed a Coach who if you take away his GVSU time has little to no success anywhere else. I had a player tell me that all Ginn did was talk about coaching college and how great he was and that kid said I just wish he would try and coach us. These kids know they have been handed a raw deal but they go out every week and give it their all. The only way to put out the fire is to get a new Principal, AD, and a coach who cares about this program because I truly believe who we have now do not give one shit about it but we all know that isn't going to happen. I'll leave with this Ginn has said several times in front of parents and players that he isn't here to win games he's here to build character, well the last time I checked winning football games was a pretty big deal. 

2 hours ago, rjhall71 said:

Could you please specify if you are talking about the program as a whole or the people in charge of it. Those boys go out every damn Friday night and give it their all, they can't help what play calls are sent in, what position they have been task to play(some who have never played their position before) because Ginn did not let them try out for positions he just picked where everyone would play, or they fact that  he doesn't believe in conditioning or playing guys on both O and D. There are several players who read these threads on here and don't need to hear negative things about their team all the time. Bottom line is we got handed a Coach who if you take away his GVSU time has little to no success anywhere else. I had a player tell me that all Ginn did was talk about coaching college and how great he was and that kid said I just wish he would try and coach us. These kids know they have been handed a raw deal but they go out every week and give it their all. The only way to put out the fire is to get a new Principal, AD, and a coach who cares about this program because I truly believe who we have now do not give one shit about it but we all know that isn't going to happen. I'll leave with this Ginn has said several times in front of parents and players that he isn't here to win games he's here to build character, well the last time I checked winning football games was a pretty big deal. 

The athletic programs in general are all pretty bad at Marion and has been for a while now I just think the football program has bottomed out more than the others but I agree with you about changes needing to be made.

59 minutes ago, Canes00 said:

The athletic programs in general are all pretty bad at Marion and has been for a while now I just think the football program has bottomed out more than the others but I agree with you about changes needing to be made.

I think the volleyball team and girls basketball teams at Marion are very solid.   The Volleyball team recently won a state title and competed for another.   The boys basketball team has competed very well.  Swim team does great. Had a couple of state champions recently.  I'm not sure why you think athletics in general are pretty bad in Marion.   Didn't the golf team just win the region D title?   Marion has a lot to be proud of.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I think the volleyball team and girls basketball teams at Marion are very solid.   The Volleyball team recently won a state title and competed for another.   The boys basketball team has competed very well.  Swim team does great. Had a couple of state champions recently.  I'm not sure why you think athletics in general are pretty bad in Marion.   Didn't the golf team just win the region D title?   Marion has a lot to be proud of.

You have your opinion and I’ve got mine 

20 hours ago, rjhall71 said:

I agree completely with everything said about the players. There is some talent on that team but people don't think its being used correctly or agree with the coaching philosophy as I personally thought Marion would remain in some type of spread offense letting their athletes catch the ball in space. Its really impossible to win if you don't have your best 11 on the field which means multiple kids need to be playing both sides of the ball. Heck even the elite teams play have 6,7, or 8 kids on both sides of the ball. Anyway I hope things get better for the kids as these are memories that will last for the rest of their lives.

On 10/15/2022 at 2:59 PM, Canes00 said:

Negative Nancy over here.. Athletic at Marion are not all bad. Both basketball squads saw post season success and baseball and softball where far from bottom of the barrel last year and with the talent coming up there that will not be changing anytime soon. Changing a culture take time. Some of these kids playing for Marion have not been apart of a winning football program in a while BUT this group plays harder than any group over they last few years. I have not seen an ounce of quit in them which is very promising for the future of the program. 

As for the game on Friday If Marion can play ball control and keep that offense off the field they have a chance. If not Tazewell has the advantage