Ridgeview vs Bluefield

Gridiron60

13 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Bluefield's QB has turned into a dynamic QB.Β  He is athletic and his timing and decision making has improved since the beginning of the season.Β  He was making the transition between basketball player to football player.Β  I think he has come along nicely.Β  Bluefield will be hard to deal with from this point on.

He is a senior but had never played more than a handful of meaningful downs before this season as a football player.

Couple of things:

1. I'm not sure how WV playoff point system works... is Bluefield on life support for a playoff spot?Β  If so, Bluefield wins.

2.Β  Are the WV refs as bad as Richlands folks have said they are in the past when Richlands plays Beaver?Β  If so, Bluefield wins.

I'm thinking at least one if not both bullet points are accurate, so I say Bluefield wins.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Couple of things:

1. I'm not sure how WV playoff point system works... is Bluefield on life support for a playoff spot?Β  If so, Bluefield wins.

2.Β  Are the WV refs as bad as Richlands folks have said they are in the past when Richlands plays Beaver?Β  If so, Bluefield wins.

I'm thinking at least one if not both bullet points are accurate, so I say Bluefield wins.

The refs couldn't be as bad as Virginia. When Bluefield went to Ridgeview last year the penalties were 11-0 in favor of Ridgeview. Called back 3 plays of Bluefield that would have netted over 30 yards.

10 minutes ago, Pegasus 27 said:

The refs couldn't be as bad as Virginia. When Bluefield went to Ridgeview last year the penalties were 11-0 in favor of Ridgeview. Called back 3 plays of Bluefield that would have netted over 30 yards.

I honestly have never been to a game in WV other than Graham, but those are AOA officials obviously.Β  I used to go to every Haysi game, but skipped the Tug Valley game in 2014 because I thought we'd win handily.Β  When we lost in double OT, I was told it was "those damn WV refs".Β  Lol.

As I mentioned, Richlands folks have a beef with the refs it seems like every time they play Bluefield at Mitchell, so there's that.

Many years ago I used to umpire so I have some experience in softball and baseball. Here is my take of refs....Almost all of them are trying to do a good job. It is much harder to ref football today than it was back in the day. More rules, More open offenses, etc.

The main problem that I see is game management. Marking the ball correctly. Especially on out of bounds punts. The white hats need to do better. Marking penalties. I can't tell you how many times I have seen 5 yd penalties turn into 4 yard or 6 yard penalties. No one seems to want to take the time to measure for a first down. Play clock management. Some refs wait wait too long some way too short. Game control. When things get chippy stop the game and warn both sides and then follow up on your warnings.

1 hour ago, Pegasus 27 said:

Many years ago I used to umpire so I have some experience in softball and baseball. Here is my take of refs....Almost all of them are trying to do a good job. It is much harder to ref football today than it was back in the day. More rules, More open offenses, etc.

The main problem that I see is game management. Marking the ball correctly. Especially on out of bounds punts. The white hats need to do better. Marking penalties. I can't tell you how many times I have seen 5 yd penalties turn into 4 yard or 6 yard penalties. No one seems to want to take the time to measure for a first down. Play clock management. Some refs wait wait too long some way too short. Game control. When things get chippy stop the game and warn both sides and then follow up on your warnings.

Every hard hit is now a penalty also no matter where you hit themΒ 

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I honestly have never been to a game in WV other than Graham, but those are AOA officials obviously.Β  I used to go to every Haysi game, but skipped the Tug Valley game in 2014 because I thought we'd win handily.Β  When we lost in double OT, I was told it was "those damn WV refs".Β  Lol.

As I mentioned, Richlands folks have a beef with the refs it seems like every time they play Bluefield at Mitchell, so there's that.

They have a beef because most of the time Bluefield wins.

8 hours ago, Beavers Rule said:

Video productions is carrying all of Bluefield's games this year and you can watch on YouTube.Β  If Bluefield wins they get in the the playoffs if they lose, they're out.Β  Big game Friday at Mitchell for sure.

A win is not a guarantee playoff spot for Bluefield. Point Pleasant can win out and jump them. Plus, wins from Richlands, Tazewell, or Oak Hill will help

On 10/25/2022 at 12:15 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

If you lose refs are awful

If you win they were fineΒ 

Funny you mention that.Β  The one gripe I've had with officials all season long is their complete unwillingness to call pass interference.Β  So long as you don't kill a WR with a trident, you're not getting flagged for it in Virginia high school football.Β  Then comes Tazewell @ Bluefield.Β  It went very poorly for my side, but they correctly called pass interference every single time it was warranted.Β  I could barely believe my eyes.Β  Of course, it happens in a game when you're down by 46 points.Β Β 

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Funny you mention that.Β  The one gripe I've had with officials all season long is their complete unwillingness to call pass interference.Β  So long as you don't kill a WR with a trident, you're not getting flagged for it in Virginia high school football.Β  Then comes Tazewell @ Bluefield.Β  It went very poorly for my side, but they correctly called pass interference every single time it was warranted.Β  I could barely believe my eyes.Β  Of course, it happens in a game when you're down by 46 points.Β Β 

Haha

On 10/25/2022 at 10:32 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

I can't remember the outfit that broadcasts the Bluefield games on youtube.Β  Can somebody provide a link?Β  If you search Bluefield vs. Ridgeview on youtube, about 100 bogus links come up.

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I can't remember the outfit that broadcasts the Bluefield games on youtube.Β  Can somebody provide a link?Β  If you search Bluefield vs. Ridgeview on youtube, about 100 bogus links come up.

https://facebook.com/events/s/ridgeview-wolfpack-vs-bluefiel/1251164775459931/
Β 

4 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Just search WV video productions on youtube and go to their channel.