Tazewell vs fort chiswell

THS6805

1 hour ago, SWVAgridiron said:

FC will either win by 7 or lose by 30. To be determined.

Unfortunately I see that as quite the possibility.  I know they have the ability to play very tough and be in games that they should get blown out of.  Our defense is more stout than last year and we have more run game than last year so they should be able to maintain control.

8 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

That's the Fort Chiswell way, in seemingly ANY sport. I've never seen a more schizophrenic sports program with just insane scores all over the place over the years. Just all around weirdness over that way. No surprise if FC wins this based on what I've seen from them over the years and that's not knocking Tazewell. It just depends on which of its 4 or 5 personalities shows up for FC. Same thing in Hoops and Baseball over the years.

19 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

Depends on if Tazewell shows up to play or not.  The team that showed up to Bluefield was beaten before they got off the bus.

9 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Sounds like it might be a toss up depending  on which team for both shows up tomorrow night. If FC can eat the clock the entire game like Marion did in the 3rd Q, it could be a long night for the Dawgs. 

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

That explains a sophomore WR having the most TD receptions on the team.

I think Hard Hitter missed the sarcasm if that is intended, but I’m assuming this is referring to McDonald, and not Harris. 

Since I do not know the receiving stats, how do the receivers stack up?

4 hours ago, tornado99 said:

I think Hard Hitter missed the sarcasm if that is intended, but I’m assuming this is referring to McDonald, and not Harris. 

Since I do not know the receiving stats, how do the receivers stack up?

Harris passed McDonald in total TDs tonight.  He went 7/129/2, which by my count puts him at 9 on the season.  McDonald went 6/101, but didn’t score.  He got stopped about 18 inches shy of the goal line on his 2nd reception.

4 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:
5 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

The kid is talented.  Please don't take away from that by such an ignorant statement.  Division 1 schools don't come knocking, if you don't have talent.

Exactly. He’s a tremendous athlete. Have you seen the kid play? Obviously not. He’s worked his ass off to get to where he’s at. D1 don’t just call you cause your the coaches kid. 

12 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Now go back to your “Jollay, Living Rent Free” account and post from that one.

Wait, what? Hard Hitter is Jollay Living Rent Free? 

On a different note, I should probably know this but has Harris committed already? For some reason, I thought he might be going to same place as older brother. I could have invented that in my mind though. 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

On a different note, I should probably know this but has Harris committed already? For some reason, I thought he might be going to same place as older brother. I could have invented that in my mind though. 

He’s going to Richmond 

3 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

(1) Yes, he is.  

(2) Harris committed to Richmond back in July.  I know that Morehead was hard after him, but Richmond’s a perennial FCS contender.  Tough to pass that one up.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

So we gonna pretend Harris hasn't benefited from the offense that Tazwell runs?

I wouldn’t pretend that isn’t true. However, not one player in the world is going to be close to breaking records without having an offense that benefits them. You have to play to what your strengths are 

He’s averaging 5 catches per game for his career. Ridgeview fans are throwing a fit that their best athlete is only touching the ball 5 times per game. 

I’ve seen many people praise Plymal from Grundy for being one of the better area coaches. We don’t knock him when he lets Scammell carry the ball 30 times in a game do we? When Scammell broke the Buchanan County rushing record a few weeks ago I didn’t see anyone diminishing that accomplishment because they feed him the ball so much. I think everyone understands that he’s their best athlete and him touching the ball so much gives them the best chance to win.  

Main point I’m making is: if you have one of the best athletes on the field you make sure he touches the ball, regardless of anything else, because that gives you the best chance to win most game. & I think most would agree with that.