Tazewell vs fort chiswell

THS6805

7 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I wouldn’t pretend that isn’t true. However, not one player in the world is going to be close to breaking records without having an offense that benefits them. You have to play to what your strengths are 

He’s averaging 5 catches per game for his career. Ridgeview fans are throwing a fit that their best athlete is only touching the ball 5 times per game. 

I’ve seen many people praise Plymal from Grundy for being one of the better area coaches. We don’t knock him when he lets Scammell carry the ball 30 times in a game do we? When Scammell broke the Buchanan County rushing record a few weeks ago I didn’t see anyone diminishing that accomplishment because they feed him the ball so much. I think everyone understands that he’s their best athlete and him touching the ball so much gives them the best chance to win.  

Main point I’m making is: if you have one of the best athletes on the field you make sure he touches the ball, regardless of anything else, because that gives you the best chance to win most game. & I think most would agree with that. 

People are ridiculous-a lot of times a coach’s kid is one of the best players due to the time they put in etc. Nepotism is a real thing, but people assume it 100% of the time and that just isn’t fair. The Harris boys are both tremendous athletes and would be featured at just about any school. 

3 hours ago, EH31 said:

Daddy don’t call plays or throw the ball, sunshine. 

Speaking of calling plays. Tazewell needs to come up with better ways to call plays instead of running the QB to death across the field and back out to the huddle 🤷‍♂️ and getting delay of games as much as we do. 

8 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Speaking of calling plays. Tazewell needs to come up with better ways to call plays instead of running the QB to death across the field and back out to the huddle 🤷‍♂️ and getting delay of games as much as we do. 

I think about every person on this board has complained about this at some point in time. I agree!

51 minutes ago, EH31 said:

I wouldn’t pretend that isn’t true. However, not one player in the world is going to be close to breaking records without having an offense that benefits them. You have to play to what your strengths are 

He’s averaging 5 catches per game for his career. Ridgeview fans are throwing a fit that their best athlete is only touching the ball 5 times per game. 

I’ve seen many people praise Plymal from Grundy for being one of the better area coaches. We don’t knock him when he lets Scammell carry the ball 30 times in a game do we? When Scammell broke the Buchanan County rushing record a few weeks ago I didn’t see anyone diminishing that accomplishment because they feed him the ball so much. I think everyone understands that he’s their best athlete and him touching the ball so much gives them the best chance to win.  

Main point I’m making is: if you have one of the best athletes on the field you make sure he touches the ball, regardless of anything else, because that gives you the best chance to win most game. & I think most would agree with that. 

I agree with what your saying so don't take this the wrong way......... Playing Devil's Advocate here. 

From the outsiders perspective it does appear Harris has been favored. Go back to Chance's career. Tazewell had a very capable receiver in Jordan that got very few touches a game. I recall some respected Tazewell fans on here complaining about the very limited touches Jordan got all the while Harris got numerous carries a game. To that point I guess the argument could be made the QB situation between then and now is obviously different. Now, Tazewell has a capable QB, receivers, and a good RB. I thought the play calling in the first half against Marion played a big role in allowing Marion keep that game closer than what it should have been. I'm not sure if Taylor touched the ball more than once or twice in the first half. They have to establish the run.

I'll close with this. I can just about guarantee that in a couple years there will be people complaining about Tony Palmer's kids getting too many touches. Kinda comes with the territory. Not saying it's right it's just one of those things.

11 minutes ago, Mountain Football said:

I agree with what your saying so don't take this the wrong way......... Playing Devil's Advocate here. 

From the outsiders perspective it does appear Harris has been favored. Go back to Chance's career. Tazewell had a very capable receiver in Jordan that got very few touches a game. I recall some respected Tazewell fans on here complaining about the very limited touches Jordan got all the while Harris got numerous carries a game. To that point I guess the argument could be made the QB situation between then and now is obviously different. Now, Tazewell has a capable QB, receivers, and a good RB. I thought the play calling in the first half against Marion played a big role in allowing Marion keep that game closer than what it should have been. I'm not sure if Taylor touched the ball more than once or twice in the first half. They have to establish the run.

I'll close with this. I can just about guarantee that in a couple years there will be people complaining about Tony Palmer's kids getting too many touches. Kinda comes with the territory. Not saying it's right it's just one of those things.

I would respond to the Devil’s Advocate argument by stating that Jordan’s QB in his JR/SR seasons couldn’t throw a pass beyond 15 yards with any sort of velocity or accuracy.  That’s not to say that Nunley was a bad player: he ran the RPO like a wizard.  But that goes back to “playing to your strengths”.  You have a running back that went Division I; an OL that was big, strong, and experienced; and a QB that was far better as a runner than a passer.

Jordan would have thrived like crazy with Creasy as a QB.  And still yet, Jordan left Tazewell as the school’s all-time reception leader, despite playing alongside the school’s 2nd all-time leading rusher.

I think it’s safe to say that Tazewell fans have their own opinion on the coaching and  player treatment, either side someone will defend that argument which is fair. Next season will be interesting because most, if not all, kids that Harris has coached since MS will have graduated. There will be new strengths to be found and new kids to step up.

On 10/29/2022 at 10:14 PM, SpillBoss said:

I think it’s safe to say that Tazewell fans have their own opinion on the coaching and  player treatment, either side someone will defend that argument which is fair. Next season will be interesting because most, if not all, kids that Harris has coached since MS will have graduated. There will be new strengths to be found and new kids to step up.

If Jme stays. I believe he will but who knows. 

23 hours ago, EH31 said:

I agree. It just seemed at times late last season, they were making sure Harris got the record and may be that didn't always help the team. My only gripe.