Ridgeview at Gate City

Wolf1207

2 minutes ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Does Tazewell get winner of this game? 

More than likely, yes. Although I think Ridgeview can still keep the #2 even with a loss with some help from other teams.

13 minutes ago, EH31 said:

More than likely, yes. Although I think Ridgeview can still keep the #2 even with a loss with some help from other teams.

Somebody check this one.  I just looked at this and I didn't think there's was anyway possible RV can keep the 2 seed if they lose to GC.  If everything goes right for RV in week 10 with non common opponents, if they lose to GC, I have GC outpointing them.  I didn't look at where Va High is at, but GC looks like they trump RV if they beat them.

Radford, Grundy, Lebanon, JI Burton games are key.  I think if GC beats RV, in order for RV to topple them in points, Radford needs to lose, Grundy needs to win, Lebanon needs to lose, and JI Burton needs to win. If just 1 of those 4 events doesn't occur, GC outpoints them.  I am not for sure though, but just glancing at it.

22 hours ago, Packman15 said:

I agree Ridgeview wins, but Bluefield had newer players from other teams, the announcer said it on tv, wasn't same team G-man played,

I’d say Ridgeview wins it in the end. Should bed a good game but I’ll say 35-21 pack. 
Hopefully, it’s a packed house. 

22 hours ago, Packman15 said:

I agree Ridgeview wins, but Bluefield had newer players from other teams, the announcer said it on tv, wasn't same team G-man played,

Not true.  No new Bluefield players. There are some that recovered from injuries but no new players. Players at new positions. Yes.

I'm going to take RV in this one and it won't be close. I know a lot of people have been sweet on GC the past couple of weeks but its time for reality to set in. GC possibly won their last game of the season against Central. 

43 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

I’d say Ridgeview wins it in the end. Should bed a good game but I’ll say 35-21 pack. 
Hopefully, it’s a packed house. 

I think it will be. A lot riding on this game, and the GC/Union game had the most people I'd seen there since 2014. The GC people have more to cheer about than they have in a long time.

6 minutes ago, Backpack said:

By far the most complete game we have played all year, and FINALLY we have done the things we’ve been screaming all year!! Thank you, coaches!! 

I think it was the first offensive play of the game for RV?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Fans screaming, including neutral ones like me, "Snap ball, one step drop, pass ball very quickly to Beavers."  Well, first offensive play of the game for RV was?  Result was?

But hey, coaches don't read these boards, right?  LOL.  Great job by RV's offensive staff to get the ball to your athletes in OPEN SPACE.  That happened tonight, and give credit where credit is due.  It's one thing to be critical, but it's more important to praise when praise is deserved and changes are made.  Changes were made offensively.  It was obvious by watching it.

15 minutes ago, Backpack said:

By far the most complete game we have played all year, and FINALLY we have done the things we’ve been screaming all year!! Thank you, coaches!! 

100 percent.

7 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I think it was the first offensive play of the game for RV?  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Fans screaming, including neutral ones like me, "Snap ball, one step drop, pass ball very quickly to Beavers."  Well, first offensive play of the game for RV was?  Result was?

But hey, coaches don't read these boards, right?  LOL.  Great job by RV's offensive staff to get the ball to your athletes in OPEN SPACE.  That happened tonight, and give credit where credit is due.  It's one thing to be critical, but it's more important to praise when praise is deserved and changes are made.  Changes were made offensively.  It was obvious by watching it.

absolutely! Credit to them!! They made some nice changes and they were well executed.  Maybe we will peak at the right time. 

Was very nice to see short passes and let our athletes do there thing. Thank you coaches for getting it right last night and let’s take it into the playoffs.  The boys was having fun last night.  Defense played lights out too allowed under 100 yds. We get to host on The Ridge against a Good Tazewell team so we got to be ready to play.  Let’s go 1-0 this week and keep it going.  Pack Football One Team Chasing One Dream!!!!

4 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I guess we’ll finally see the O’Quinn/Creasy showdown! Should be a good one! 

This is the week that the alpha DBs are excited about and the beta DBs will be losing sleep.  I’m anxious to see if the RV pass rush is as good as it looked against GC and if the Bulldog rush defense is as good as the fans say it is (holding Grundy’s rushing attack to 14 is not easy). RV should be watching for screens as a way to slow down their LBs and DL.  I’m not sure what Tazewell’s defensive approach will be.  If they double too much RV will run but if they play straight up on RVs receivers it will look like last night.  It looks like RV has figured out they are a tough out when they get the ball to the big three in space (Counts, Beavers and Hill) who accounted for five TDs last night.  

If either of these teams think they can sit back in soft zone, they’ll get carved up.  This will feature some really good positional matchups: Creasy vs O’Quinn, Harris vs Beavers, etc.  But I feel like Tazewell doesn’t have a Cannon Hill, he is a difference maker for RV plus the RV defense is, IMO, faster and more physical.  The dogs could use that to their advantage with screens, double moves and other tactics to counter an aggressive D.  

I think this will be the first time these two have played which is always fun.  The Ridge will be hoppin’ Friday night and it should be a great atmosphere, just like Legion was last night.