Central Football

RichRich

15 minutes ago, RichRich said:

They have lost some close games but a disappointing season overall.  Are they unlucky, out coached or just dont have the talent?  From the few games ive seen they have the talent.  

Seems to me like Central lost a lot from two previous outstanding classes.  Central has been in games and I think it chalks up more to loss of talent, two great classes that graduated instead of a coaching issue.  I saw Central for a whole game this year and watched 1/2 of another game.  They looked pretty well coached to me, but lost lots of players from the past 2 years.  But, one thing is for sure.  Luke Owens will be tough to replace.  He was an elite level High School Coach in my opinion.  His teams did everything well.  Blocking, tackling, technique, just fundamentally sound.  It's very tough to replicate a coach like that, or not take a hit after losing him, and that's not being disrespectful to the new coach it's just that Luke Owens was very, very sound in my opinion.

Virginia Tech- Of interest.  At one time, at least last season, The M7 District had 3 former Virginia Tech players as Head Coaches.  They still have 2 in Houseright and Turner, but they recently had Luke Owens giving the M7 3 former VT players as Head Coaches.  

5 hours ago, Fredd said:

JH (Basketball) & TT (Football) both played at uva wise. TT was on the football team at VT for one semester i believe 

Yeah Turner wasn't at tech long but pretty sure he played at Eastern Kentucky to end his career

any coaching change causes change for sure.  Owens did a good job while he was there considering he was cleaning up Reed's mess.  Coach Mullins appears to be doing a good job based on what I've seen.  They've lost some close/good games but they've been IN them all and don't appear to quit.  They just didn't get the few bounces they needed when they needed them.  Graduation got them for sure, but they evolved pretty well this season.  

On 10/31/2022 at 2:57 PM, Wolf1207 said:

Coaching change plus young team.  They should get better the next few years.  If the Wise parents can keep their mouths shut that should become an elite program. 

Key word here “if”

35 minutes ago, SamJackson said:

This will be an interesting game.  Grundy has a lot to play for as far as playoff seeding.  Central is playing for a potential playoff birth to play Graham.  

Central playing for a potential playoff birth with Graham would be like Santa bringing presents before Christmas.

Every year people from Central get on the message board and proclaim that. 1. They have this "super group" of athletes coming. 2. They are going to dominate the next season 3. Not just in football but every sport. Same post every year, same results every year!

24 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Every year people from Central get on the message board and proclaim that. 1. They have this "super group" of athletes coming. 2. They are going to dominate the next season 3. Not just in football but every sport. Same post every year, same results every year!

Yeah but you should really see they're peanut program good stuff coming in 10 years just wait and see lol.

At the moment I feel like they have an corner issue the worst game they have had was Ridgeview every other game they lost by a touchdown or less and had opportunities to win all those games.  So this is supposed to be a real down year and still hung in there with every team I don't think it a player thing nor is it the whole coaching staff. They got to be able to run an offense that works for the players they have and they have yet to do that.  Down hill linebackers have really shut down this offense in the red zone maybe they can figure that out in the next year or so who knows.

6 hours ago, BKFootball said:

At the moment I feel like they have an corner issue the worst game they have had was Ridgeview every other game they lost by a touchdown or less and had opportunities to win all those games.  So this is supposed to be a real down year and still hung in there with every team I don't think it a player thing nor is it the whole coaching staff. They got to be able to run an offense that works for the players they have and they have yet to do that.  Down hill linebackers have really shut down this offense in the red zone maybe they can figure that out in the next year or so who knows.

Union game might have been a one score game but the penalties was only reason.  But you’re right Central has played in a lot of close games decided by 1 score 

22 hours ago, SXSW said:

That class of 2039 is looking real finesse. Just sayin….

Complete joke here. 

8 minutes ago, foosballer said:

A win tonight could breath life back into their season.....at the least it would give them a shot a being the "David vs Goliath". 

Calling this game “David vs Goliath” is a real stretch. Going to be much closer than many think 

Depends on how one view's 41 points if that score held true as the west coast website predicts.  Graham 48, Central 7.  Would the Blues be a better matchup?  Well, according to the left coast, no.  They say a 44 point win and a shutout for Graham by a score of 44-0 over the Blues.  But....tonight's games haven't factored in.  If Richlands were to pull the W over VH, that 44 point predicted margin would close by a few points since VH has 7 wins on the season.  As for VH and Richlands, 34-20 in favor of VH is their pick out west.