2022 TSSAA Playoffs

SXSW

The 2022 TSSAA playoffs begin Friday across all 9 classifications. With reclassification taking place in 2023 the teams and regions will be different next season. 1A and 2A have the makings to be good playoffs, 3A's is Alcoa's to lose. 4A should be Haywood out of the west verses Greeneville or Anderson County. 5A is Knox West's to lose and 6A should belong to Oakland come December. 

Here are the first round games:

1A: Oakdale (7-3) goes to Roan Mountain to take on Cloudland (5-5), Cosby (4-6) travels to Oliver Springs (5-5), Greenback (5-5) travels to Stoney Creek to take on Unaka (6-4) and North Greene (1-9) travels to Coalfield (9-1)

2A :Oneida (4-6) goes to Hampton (8-2), Happy Valley (2-8) travels to Monterey (8-2), South Greene (5-5) hosts Rockwood (6-4) and Cumberland Gap (2-8) travels to Jamestown to play York Institute (6-4)

3A: The Black Knights of Chuckey-Doak (9-1) host Austin-East (3-7), Unicoi County (9-1) travels to Gatlinburg-Pittman (8-2), Pigeon Forge (5-5) visits the Buffalos of West Greene (8-2) and Johnson County (2-8) makes the trip to Alcoa (9-1)

4A: Fulton (4-6) travels to Greeneville (10-0), Gibbs (6-4) hosts Grainger (6-4), Knox Carter (6-4) travels to Elizabethton (5-4) and Seymour (3-7) goes to (10-0) Anderson County.

5A: Knox Halls (2-8) comes to Gray to play (10-0) Daniel Boone. Tennessee High (5-5) goes to Knox Central (6-4), Sevier County travels to Burley Stadium in Morristown to play West, the winner gets the prize of travelling to Knox West (10-0) who play Crockett (5-5).

6A: Science Hill (6-4) hosts Bradley Central (7-3), Jefferson County (7-3) travels to Farragut (8-2), Bearden (6-4) comes to Kingsport to play Dobyns Bennett (8-2) and Morristown East travels to Maryville (7-3)

All Games start at 7:00 pm local time. 

is Johnson County, Tn still planning to go to Alcoa?  I remember the Longhorns were also 2-8 Last Year, but decided to Forfeit their First Round game @ Alcoa.

I also heard that Johnson County was possibly adding Holston to their schedule next season; the schools are only 20 minutes apart.

6 hours ago, SXSW said:

The 2022 TSSAA playoffs begin Friday across all 9 classifications. With reclassification taking place in 2023 the teams and regions will be different next season. 1A and 2A have the makings to be good playoffs, 3A's is Alcoa's to lose. 4A should be Haywood out of the west verses Greeneville or Anderson County. 5A is Knox West's to lose and 6A should belong to Oakland come December. 

Here are the first round games:

1A: Oakdale (7-3) goes to Roan Mountain to take on Cloudland (5-5), Cosby (4-6) travels to Oliver Springs (5-5), Greenback (5-5) travels to Stoney Creek to take on Unaka (6-4) and North Greene (1-9) travels to Coalfield (9-1)

2A :Oneida (4-6) goes to Hampton (8-2), Happy Valley (2-8) travels to Monterey (8-2), South Greene (5-5) hosts Rockwood (6-4) and Cumberland Gap (2-8) travels to Jamestown to play York Institute (6-4)

3A: The Black Knights of Chuckey-Doak (9-1) host Austin-East (3-7), Unicoi County (9-1) hosts Gatlinburg-Pittman (8-2), Pigeon Forge (5-5) visits the Buffalos of West Greene (8-2) and Johnson County (2-8) makes the trip to Alcoa (9-1)

4A: Fulton (4-6) travels to Greeneville (10-0), Gibbs (6-4) hosts Grainger (6-4), Knox Carter (6-4) travels to Elizabethton (5-4) and Seymour (3-7) goes to (10-0) Anderson County.

5A: Knox Halls (2-8) comes to Gray to play (10-0) Daniel Boone. Tennessee High (5-5) goes to Knox Central (6-4), Sevier County travels to Burley Stadium in Morristown to play West, the winner gets the prize of travelling to Knox West (10-0) who play Crockett (5-5).

6A: Science Hill (6-4) hosts Bradley Central (7-3), Jefferson County (7-3) travels to Farragut (8-2), Bearden (6-4) comes to Kingsport to play Dobyns Bennett (8-2) and Morristown East travels to Maryville (7-3)

All Games start at 7:00 pm local time. 

Cloudland over Oakdale. This isn't close to a vintage Cloudland team, but it's a 3+ hour bus ride for Oakdale.

Oliver Springs over  Cosby

Greenback over Unaka

Coalfield crushes North Greene

Hampton over Oneida

Monterey over Happy Valley

Rockwood over South Greene

York over Cumberland Gap

Chokey Duck holds off A-E

G-P over Unicoi

West Greene over Pigeon Forge

Alcoa over Johnson Co with a running clock to start the 2nd half.

Greeneville over Fulton

Gibbs over Grainger

Betsy over Carter

Anderson Co mercy rules Seymour

Boone over Halls

Central over THS

Mo West over Sevier Co

West mutilates Crockett

D-B edges Bearden

Bradley Central over Science Hill

Far-gut over JeffCo

Murville routs MoTown East

2 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

1-9 and 2-8 teams in oh boy couple guys on here gonna love that lol 

People should be used to this by now. Once upon a time IIRC Sullivan East made the playoffs at 0-10.

12 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Cloudland over Oakdale. This isn't close to a vintage Cloudland team, but it's a 3+ hour bus ride for Oakdale.

Oliver Springs over  Cosby

Greenback over Unaka

Coalfield crushes North Greene

Hampton over Oneida

Monterey over Happy Valley

Rockwood over South Greene

York over Cumberland Gap

Chokey Duck holds off A-E

G-P over Unicoi

West Greene over Pigeon Forge

Alcoa over Johnson Co with a running clock to start the 2nd half.

Greeneville over Fulton

Gibbs over Grainger

Betsy over Carter

Anderson Co mercy rules Seymour

Boone over Halls

Central over THS

Mo West over Sevier Co

West mutilates Crockett

D-B edges Bearden

Bradley Central over Science Hill

Far-gut over JeffCo

Murville routs MoTown East

Hope you're right.  I'm not as confident as you.  Said as much over on coach T and got blasted for it.  Just the way they lost to the HellToppers last week threw the whole season up in flames in my opinion.  Not sure if they'll recover from it.

12 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

1-9 and 2-8 teams in oh boy couple guys on here gonna love that lol 

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

People should be used to this by now. Once upon a time IIRC Sullivan East made the playoffs at 0-10.

There's only four teams in Region 1-2A, so all four are in the playoffs before the opening game kickoff even occurs.

19 hours ago, footballfan1 said:

is Johnson County, Tn still planning to go to Alcoa?  I remember the Longhorns were also 2-8 Last Year, but decided to Forfeit their First Round game @ Alcoa.

I also heard that Johnson County was possibly adding Holston to their schedule next season; the schools are only 20 minutes apart.

What is the difference in enrollment? I'm not sure how Tennessee breaks down classifications. Johnson County is 3A while Holston is 1A.

4 minutes ago, Hokie Bound said:

What is the difference in enrollment? I'm not sure how Tennessee breaks down classifications. Johnson County is 3A while Holston is 1A.

Johnson Co would be 2A in Virginia. Tennessee's classifications are a little different than VA.

This details it...https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020-21/2021classification.html#di-football

1 hour ago, V-Cats said:

Assuming no upsets, the state quarterfinal between Daniel Boone and Knox West should be a really fun matchup

West will be favored but Boone should be able to make it a game

I don't think so West will win this game by 20 at the minimum.  West has beaten Maryville and Alcoa this year.  They are loaded with size and speed.

6 minutes ago, SamJackson said:

I don't think so West will win this game by 20 at the minimum.  West has beaten Maryville and Alcoa this year.  They are loaded with size and speed.

Boone's had a great year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a running clock sometime in the 3rd quarter in this one. 

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Hope you're right.  I'm not as confident as you.  Said as much over on coach T and got blasted for it.  Just the way they lost to the HellToppers last week threw the whole season up in flames in my opinion.  Not sure if they'll recover from it.

The arrogance on CoachT is overwhelming. 

3 hours ago, redtiger said:

I never realized just how much larger Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett are than most of their 6A counterparts 

And can't even come close to beating them!

Edited by Union_Fan
Grammar

1 hour ago, BlueDevilVolMan said:

Now I thought we traveled to Gatlinburg Pittman?

Either way, Go Blue Devils!

You are right, I got it wrong! My bad!

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

Boone's had a great year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a running clock sometime in the 3rd quarter in this one. 

West is the best team in the State regardless of Class in Division 1. Lipscomb Academy is the best team in Division 2! 

6 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

That was a complete implosion. If this game were at Bearden, I'd go with the Bulldogs. I still wouldn't be shocked if Bearden won and Region 2 swept the first round.