2022 TSSAA Playoffs

SXSW

23 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

What is the difference in enrollment? I'm not sure how Tennessee breaks down classifications. Johnson County is 3A while Holston is 1A.

Tennessee classifications are broken down evenly, to where each class has the same number of teams.  I think in football there are around 65 or so in all 6 classes. 65 in 1A, 65 in 2A and so on and so on.

That's why Union fans got confused on their power points for several years there beating up on (at the time) 6A Morristown West.  Even though they were 6A in Tennessee, they only would've classified as a 4A in Virginia, so Union only got 4A power points for beating them.  Now, if the rumors are true, the next two years Union will be playing a legit 6A in Science Hill.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, Hokie Bound said:

What is the difference in enrollment? I'm not sure how Tennessee breaks down classifications. Johnson County is 3A while Holston is 1A.

Johnson County H.S. has an enrollment or 625 (which would be classified as 2A in Virginia) while Holston has 280.  The Cavaliers already play county rival John S. Battle annually which has an enrollment of 675.

Just now, BlueDevilVolMan said:

I mean nothing against Union. Lol. 

I just don’t see Union beating Science Hill. I would love for Union to put Science Hill or DB in their place. 

Trust me, we would love that too! Haha

It will be a challenge for sure. Even if it's 50-0, barring no injuries, it would help the Bears get better prepared for the playoffs.

I wish we could play more Tennessee teams on a regular basis.

6 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

Trust me, we would love that too! Haha

It will be a challenge for sure. Even if it's 50-0, barring no injuries, it would help the Bears get better prepared for the playoffs.

I wish we could play more Tennessee teams on a regular basis.

It’d be cool if y’all played us and made the trip to Erwin. 

11 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Why you gotta be so negative? Lol

I mean.... he ain't wrong.  Lol

11 hours ago, BlueDevilVolMan said:

I mean nothing against Union. Lol. 

I just don’t see Union beating Science Hill. I would love for Union to put Science Hill or DB in their place. 

Just for that, I hope Gatlinburg-Pittman stomps a mudhole in it for you tonight... Lol

3 hours ago, Union_Fan said:

Geez dude! That hurts me. Lol

Don't get me wrong, after last Friday and dealing with rude classless Helltopper folk, I'd love nothing more than for a little 2A school from SWVA to shut up an upper class entitled bunch of jackasses.

The likelihood of that happening though is slim at best.  Lol

On 11/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, redtiger said:

Union - 652 will be adding teams on each end of the enrollment spectrum, Science Hill - 2285 and Twin Springs - 187

Beating Science Hill will be a big ask. Especially with the way they’ve taken ownership of DB.

5 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Lol.  I'll have to get over to Erwin for a game one of these days.  It's my goal to eventually see a game at every high school stadium around the area at some point.

Gentry Stadium is fairly nice. Want some pizza? Go to Rocky’s Pizza. 

10 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Primo's was where I always ate when I dated the woman I used to date from Erwin.

Welp. It wasn’t a good trip to Gatlinburg last night for the Devils. 

We got our butts handed to us by Gatlinburg Pittman 56-28. 

Most of those Smoky Mountain teams are simply on a higher level than the NE Tennessee teams.  With the exception of Cosby, Cocke County, and maybe Seymour. 

The second round of the playoffs is here. 

In Region 1. 1A Oliver Springs (6-5) travels to Roan Mountain to play Cloudland (6-5)  and Unaka (7-4) travels to Coalfield (10-1) 

In Region 1. 2A Monterey (9-2) comes to Hampton (9-2) and South Greene (6-5) travels to York Institute (7-4)

In Region 1. 3A Gatlinburg-Pittman (10-1) plays at Chuckey-Doak (10-1) and Pigeon Forge (6-5) plays at Alcoa (10-1)

In Region 1. 4A Gibbs (7-4) travels to Greeneville (11-0) and Elizabethton (6-4) travels to Anderson County (11-0)

In Region 1. 5A Knox Central (7-4) comes to Gray to play Daniel Boone (11-0) and Morristown West (7-4) becomes the next victim for Knox West (11-0)

In Region 1. 6A Knox Farragut (9-2) travels to Science Hill (7-4). 

All games are at 7:00 pm local time.

Cloudland over Oliver Springs on what should be a muddy field.

Coalfield big over Unaka

Hampton over Monterey

York over South Greene

Pittman over Chokey Duck

Alcoa big over Pigeon Forge

Greeneville big over Gibbs

Betsy upsets Anderson Co.

Boone in a close one over Central

West mercy rules West

Far-gut over SHHS

On 11/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, JDHoss said:

Cloudland over Oliver Springs on what should be a muddy field.

Coalfield big over Unaka

Hampton over Monterey

York over South Greene

Pittman over Chokey Duck

Alcoa big over Pigeon Forge

Greeneville big over Gibbs

Betsy upsets Anderson Co.

Boone in a close one over Central

West mercy rules West

Far-gut over SHHS

You missed quite a few as did I.  Hell, I had Hampton going to the 2A finals after their performance against Boone.  Which tells me Boone is way overrated as well, Knox West will destroy them next week.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

You missed quite a few as did I.  Hell, I had Hampton going to the 2A finals after their performance against Boone.  Which tells me Boone is way overrated as well, Knox West will destroy them next week.

To make things worse, I’m pretty sure I saw the Boone QB was out with a pretty serious injury. Awful. 

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Yeah, it's really tough to pick when you don't get to watch teams play. I was shocked about Hampton too. Boone will get crushed at West. This board and Coach T are about the only way I can keep up with the teams back there. We've had a busy season down here and attended our 19th game on Saturday evening with Vero hosting Harmony in the first round of the playoffs. We get a lot of Thursday/Friday action here due to some schools sharing a city stadium. 

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

Yeah, it's really tough to pick when you don't get to watch teams play. I was shocked about Hampton too. Boone will get crushed at West. This board and Coach T are about the only way I can keep up with the teams back there. We've had a busy season down here and attended our 19th game on Saturday evening with Vero hosting Harmony in the first round of the playoffs. We get a lot of Thursday/Friday action here due to some schools sharing a city stadium. 

I hope to add Florida, Texas, and NC to my states of watching a high school game someday.  NC should be fairly easy to knock off the list since there's quite a few within only about an hour of Bristol.