2D First Round: #7 Tazewell @ #2 Ridgeview

SwvaOG

23 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Agree on QB, but disagree some on Baylor at WR compared to Beavers. No question regarding Baylor as a defensive back at the D1 level and he's unparalleled in the coverage area, but......at the WR position, I think Beavers is equally as good.  Just my opinion. 

We agree to disagree on Baylor

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Nothing in this post is correct.

What is correct? All the stat gatherers are doing it against everybody but Graham. Don't be confused, just because someone gets a D1 offer , doesn't make them dominate. 

I go a a different route on QB for this year as well, but slightly different, and I give him the nod because he's a senior.  That's the Cochran kid from Princeton.  I think that right now, this year, he's the best High School QB in the coverage area, and I'm not saying he has the best upside/future talent like Tazewell, Ridgeview, and Radfords, but if I could pick a QB for my team anywhere for the coverage area for this season, I would go to Princeton, WV, first.  Only my opinion though.

10 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

What is correct? All the stat gatherers are doing it against everybody but Graham. Don't be confused, just because someone gets a D1 offer , doesn't make them dominate. 

The narrative that Tazewell doesn’t have the “back end defense” to cover Ridgeview doesn’t have a basis in reality.  Tazewell has held 2 teams on its schedule to 0 passing completions and held one to 1 completion for negative yards.  Brody “Jesus Zeus Buddha Zoroaster” Jones went 15/36 for barely 100 yards and 2 INTs against Tazewell’s flimsy “back end defense”.  

The only games where opponents have had success passing against Tazewell were Bluefield (who did likewise to Ridgeview) and Richlands (which was caused by a schematic breakdown where Tazewell’s DEs constantly failed to keep contain, leaving 2-on-1 matchups on the perimeter).  

I mean, we can have discussion on what should be a very interesting 1st round game.  But simply parroting a falsehood repeatedly doesn’t make it true.  

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

It's wrong cause he don't agree with it lol

It’s wrong because it’s objectively false, LOL.  Tell me 1 school recruiting Brody Jones to be a QB.  VT sure isn’t, and Lord knows they need one.  At least Creasy and O’Quinn are getting bites at that position.

But thanks for piping up when someone disagrees with me.  Death, taxes, and Hokiebird7 coming to pile onto UVAObserver.

2 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

The narrative that Tazewell doesn’t have the “back end defense” to cover Ridgeview doesn’t have a basis in reality.  Tazewell has held 2 teams on its schedule to 0 passing completions and held one to 1 completion for negative yards.  Brody “Jesus Zeus Buddha Zoroaster” Jones went 15/36 for barely 100 yards and 2 INTs against Tazewell’s flimsy “back end defense”.  

The only games where opponents have had success passing against Tazewell were Bluefield (who did likewise to Ridgeview) and Richlands (which was caused by a schematic breakdown where Tazewell’s DEs constantly failed to keep contain, leaving 2-on-1 matchups on the perimeter).  

I mean, we can have discussion on what should be a very interesting 1st round game.  But simply parroting a falsehood repeatedly doesn’t make it true.  

I echoed RV offense and play selection earlier in the thread.  Tazewell plays the run pretty well and Tazewell's back 4 are good, but the middle of their defense has trouble in open space.  I think RV's play selection is critical.  If they throw deep balls and revert to old form offensive selection like against Bluefield, they could lose the game.  Ridgeview's last year's use of passing and against Gate City was valuable use of the short ball just like a running play.  If RV does this, I think Tazewell will have trouble with them in the short-intermediate part of the field.   Just my opinion.  

11 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

I go a a different route on QB for this year as well, but slightly different, and I give him the nod because he's a senior.  That's the Cochran kid from Princeton.  I think that right now, this year, he's the best High School QB in the coverage area, and I'm not saying he has the best upside/future talent like Tazewell, Ridgeview, and Radfords, but if I could pick a QB for my team anywhere for the coverage area for this season, I would go to Princeton, WV, first.  Only my opinion though.

I forgot about him but he’s definitely something special. He was shining like a diamond as a freshman when I saw him play in person against Graham. You can’t teach what that kid has. 

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Let's see, Tazewell has scored 8 pts on Grahams D (one on the JV ) the past 2 years. Jones did pass for two on us this year, despite the LOS being dominated by the Gmen. I hope Tazewell wins Friday , the differnce in this game will be the line of scrimmage. Period!

7 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

In his defense, Jones has come a ways since that first game against Tazewell. I’m excited to see the Creasy & O’Quinn showdown. I hope they are both on their A game & it’s a barn burner. I obviously want Tazewell County to come out of round 1 with two victories. 

16 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It’s wrong because it’s objectively false, LOL.  Tell me 1 school recruiting Brody Jones to be a QB.  VT sure isn’t, and Lord knows they need one.  At least Creasy and O’Quinn are getting bites at that position.

But thanks for piping up when someone disagrees with me.  Death, taxes, and Hokiebird7 coming to pile onto UVAObserver.

Don't know much about him but when anyone has an opinion different than yours then you do your usual...get defensive, talk down to them and act like your opinion is always the right one.

And it's a message board...people can 'pipe up' whenever they feel like it....just disagreeing like you do

14 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I go to every game and some on Saturday. So I look at the talent. Jones is being recruited as a D1 pitching prospect, which has more value than football at Tech. With respect, if my son through in the 90's , he would be playing baseball in college. Better longevity and health. There are a lot of schools out there recruiting on states, combines, etc instead of watching kids play. Websites and the press are promoting this agenda on stat padding coaches. If a Tech offer legitimizes talent, what does that mean based on what they are doing this year?

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

UVAObserver, triggered by “Brody “Jesus Zeus Buddha Zoroaster” Jones”!  😂 

Tazewell should have all LBs back so that should help the middle for depth and support the back four. If the line play on both sides do their jobs then it will be a tough game. Being able to move personnel in the middle 3 or 4 to play LB/DE is an advantage versus having the same kids locked in that position, my bleacher Coach opinion. Go Dogs.

46 minutes ago, SpillBoss said:

Tazewell should have all LBs back so that should help the middle for depth and support the back four. If the line play on both sides do their jobs then it will be a tough game. Being able to move personnel in the middle 3 or 4 to play LB/DE is an advantage versus having the same kids locked in that position, my bleacher Coach opinion. Go Dogs.

You’d the man! ✌️

I can feel another thread closing soon, lol! 

I think as adults we can all have varying opinions on which kid we each think is the better player at any given position , QB or otherwise and doesn't make any of us more right or wrong than the other person that's what an opinion is. Adults can agree to disagree & move on, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Some people get upset when an opinion don't match theirs

I agree with Hokiebird.  Some have a pompous attitude, and are easily baited for comment.  Hey, we all are flawed with idiocracy!  

Well, this thread was bound to be lively. 😂

Hard to say who the best QB is.. arguments for several.  One thing is damn clear, Jones has the strongest arm…throws lasers.  Doesn’t mean he reads a D, makes better decisions, commands the offense or his accuracy is better than all others.

Be thankful that we are probably going to see several of these talented QBs go against each other.

This should’ve a good and entertaining game. As for matchups, the only kids who may actually go against each other in a direct matchup would be Harris/ Beavers if they guard each other.  But both teams like zone so that may not even happen.  Will be interesting to see which version of each team shows up.