2D First Round: #7 Tazewell @ #2 Ridgeview

SwvaOG

12 hours ago, UKCAT said:

Hmm is this the Graham Central game or Tazewell Ridgeview? Just wondering because all these messages seem to be about Graham that I see. 

Yep, I'll just follow the score thread on Saturday now, since this thread has gone to hell in a handbasket.  Lol

In other news, I can't go to this now as I had originally planned since it's been moved to Saturday.  But you can't really play it on a rainy foggy night on the Ridge either, unless you move it to Sandlick and go old school in the mud.  Lol

3 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Yep, I'll just follow the score thread on Saturday now, since this thread has gone to hell in a handbasket.  Lol

In other news, I can't go to this now as I had originally planned since it's been moved to Saturday.  But you can't really play it on a rainy foggy night on the Ridge either, unless you move it to Sandlick and go old school in the mud.  Lol

Old school in the mud is fun, lol! 

I’m so glad they moved it to Saturday.  The atmosphere is gonna be awesome! 2 Athletic teams with speed but I think Ridgeview pulls it out because of winning line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.  My Prediction is Ridgeview 35 Tazewell 20.  

11 hours ago, CPF said:

Ahmad was also opoy and dpoy his junior year of high school. And a 3 time 1st team all state. Very few people who actually saw dudley are still alive. But he was an all American at uva and the #1 pick in the nfl draft I believe.

I agree, but the state championship is why I would put Cam at #1.  Just my opinion, basing it on high school accomplishments.  

4 hours ago, Dobb83 said:

how did this turn into a graham page? lets get back to talking how bad tazewell is going to get beat down saturday!!

Well we already know that's going to happen so it got spiced up a little lol

3 hours ago, Observer said:

Yes it will be on NFHS.  David Bryan O'quinn, Ryan Wallace and the legendary James Colley will be on the call.

The others need to be quiet and let Colley speak.  Last time I listened they kept talking over him and I couldn’t make out what he was saying. 

3 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

The others need to be quiet and let Colley speak.  Last time I listened they kept talking over him and I couldn’t make out what he was saying. 

I hope so too.

Maybe even get rid of those jobbers and get Colley full time.

16 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Looks like it might be a wet one. It’s turf & probably drains well but will rain be a factor otherwise? Does it favor either team? 

You’d think it would favor Ridgeview, but Tazewell stymied Grundy in a downpour and threw for over 300 yards doing it, so it may not be as much of one.

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

You’d think it would favor Ridgeview, but Tazewell stymied Grundy in a downpour and threw for over 300 yards doing it, so it may not be as much of one.

I think X and O's can change this game. Does Tazewell have enough smarts to watch Bluefield tape? 

3 minutes ago, Gmen2021 said:

I think X and O's can change this game. Does Tazewell have enough smarts to watch Bluefield tape? 

I can say firsthand that both Bluefield/Tazewell and Bluefield/Ridgeview have been dissected down to the play.  

I said it earlier in this thread, the closest comparison for Ridgeview for Tazewell is Bluefield in terms of offensive scheme.  Tazewell runs a little more wide open, but that also puts pressure on the QB should a team decide to blitz, which Ridgeview has shown on film that it will. Tazewell’s done some creative things in practice to try and simulate pressure, but we will see in about 25 hours.

Naturally, if Tazewell comes out and has 6 turnovers in the first half like in the Spring of 2021, all the scheming in the world won’t matter a lick.  I expect a very hotly contested game should both teams play largely error-free.

1 hour ago, Gmen2021 said:

I almost wondered if Ridgeview didn’t watch the Bluefield-Tazewell tape before they played. Some of those long plays by Bluefield looked awfully familiar.