2D First Round: #7 Tazewell @ #2 Ridgeview

SwvaOG

Rain forecast is 40 percent at 1:00, 25 percent at 2:00, 20 percent at 3:00 so should be a cold but hopefully dry game today.  Still chance it could rain but a lot better than the 80 percent chance yesterday lol.  Go Pack!

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Don't believe Tazewell to be as physical,  but I could be wrong.  They've got some speed to match up decent but line play may be the difference in Ridgeview favor. 

35-14

I believe you’re right.  RV’s #17, #51 and #5 are pissed that you’re even on the field with them.  Weather is trending better and it’s nice outside temperature wise.  Working a dang project today so I’ll be viewing on NFHS.  Hoping they put a mic closer to Mr Colley so we can hear him.  He should love all the passing offense today.  
Pack has been battling some illness this week so you might see less of some players and more of others.  It seems to be all over the region so Tazewell’s probably dealing with it as well.

Hoping to hear a lot of Ric Flair today. Go Pack!

12 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Guess the debate has been settled on who the better QB between O'Quinn and Creasy is eh? 

Tazewell play calling was vanilla. They didn't use creasy like they should. This wasnt good comparison today. I will still favor creasy. I will always support my QB. 

27 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

There will be an excuse

I asked the Q’Quinn kid about this.  He was veeeeerry aware of the debate and was all about the matchup. I was able to catch the game live, O’Quinn is bigger, stronger, better arm and much more physical and that showed in the live comp. 

52 minutes ago, THS6805 said:

Tazewell play calling was vanilla. They didn't use creasy like they should. This wasnt good comparison today. I will still favor creasy. I will always support my QB. 

We expected more deep shots but the pass rush was hitting home too quick for anything beyond 20 yards.  The wind was a factor for half the game as well.

Tazewell fans, I've been nothing but respectful to your program.  You are going to not like this, but I'm just giving you my opinion, and I'm certain many or most of you disagree with it 100% and I accept and respect that.  You are not a very well coached football team ON THE FIELD.  I wrote, on the field.  I did Not write anything about gaining community supports, kids buying into the program, and leadership and enthusiasm or motivation.  These things are ALL part of coaching as well and that job seems to be pretty darn good in T-Town, BUT....on the field, the x's and o's, the chessgame of coaching, the adjustments in game and at the half, the scheming, the playcalling, the formations and blocking schemes in conjunction with the timing of the play is all mediocre at best.

Tazewell has had some talent over the past 5 years.  No, not Graham or Bluefield talent, but there has been talent and the wins and losses in my opinion, the low amount of playoff wins, all of it is NOT performing to the level of the talent that has been on the field.  It's slightly underperformed.  Just my opinion and I will leave it at that.  Again, just my opinion.

13 minutes ago, BandanaPartyBoyDavis4321 said:

Tazewell fans, I've been nothing but respectful to your program.  You are going to not like this, but I'm just giving you my opinion, and I'm certain many or most of you disagree with it 100% and I accept and respect that.  You are not a very well coached football team ON THE FIELD.  I wrote, on the field.  I did Not write anything about gaining community supports, kids buying into the program, and leadership and enthusiasm or motivation.  These things are ALL part of coaching as well and that job seems to be pretty darn good in T-Town, BUT....on the field, the x's and o's, the chessgame of coaching, the adjustments in game and at the half, the scheming, the playcalling, the formations and blocking schemes in conjunction with the timing of the play is all mediocre at best.

Tazewell has had some talent over the past 5 years.  No, not Graham or Bluefield talent, but there has been talent and the wins and losses in my opinion, the low amount of playoff wins, all of it is NOT performing to the level of the talent that has been on the field.  It's slightly underperformed.  Just my opinion and I will leave it at that.  Again, just my opinion.

I will pile on a little. Even though I root for Tazewell when not playing Richlands, it seems they easily lose composure in big moments when they can’t out-athlete the competition. This maybe unfair, but my observation over a number of years.

4 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

I will pile on a little. Even though I root for Tazewell when not playing Richlands, it seems they easily lose composure in big moments when they can’t out-athlete the competition. This maybe unfair, but my observation over a number of years.

I was a little confused when it was suggested they had better athletes than RV.  I didn’t see that on the field today. Not saying RV is the most athletic…didn’t see an edge for Tazewell though.  

9 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I was a little confused when it was suggested they had better athletes than RV.  I didn’t see that on the field today. Not saying RV is the most athletic…didn’t see an edge for Tazewell though.  

I don’t think they clearly had better athletes. They often do when they win. My observation is they tend to struggle when facing adversity over the years.

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

There will be an excuse

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Guess the debate has been settled on who the better QB between O'Quinn and Creasy is eh? 

never was in doubt not sure what team he would start on in D besides tazewell.

Did a rewatch of this game.  RV Defense held Bulldogs to 140 total yards but 90 of those came in last two drives when game was out of reach.  It was the sack by Hackney (#16) that really rocked Creasey.  That was the hit and it was 100% clean….that kid is solid, about 215lbs.  The Taylor kid absolutely kicked the RV DB and initiated that.  The RV supplex slam was not after the whistle…the kid was stood up and was driving his legs…RV kid was trying to pull him back and did a supplex….don’t think it was intended to be that….could be wrong. I’m not sure that’s a penalty.  Only time I’ve seen that called is if it’s the QB in the backfield.  
Creasey kid has good awareness in the pocket and is very accurate up to 20 yards but I’m at a loss as to how he could be considered better than O’Quinn.  Didn’t get to really see the Harris/Beavers match-up as Harris played S and didn’t cover Beavers directly.  Don’t think Harris had a reception when Beavers covered him (maybe 40% of the time). Neither one had a TD.

RV’s LBs were much faster and more active than the Dogs and RV’s DL got more pressure than the Dogs.  Give the Bulldog DL the advantage on run defense, very stout.   RV also had the better special teams IMHO. Tazewell didn’t have much of an answer to Hill at RB once the Pack learned to not run up the gut.

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

It was the sack by Hackney (#16) that really rocked Creasey.  That was the hit and it was 100% clean….that kid is solid, about 215lbs.  The Taylor kid absolutely kicked the RV DB and initiated that.  The RV supplex slam was not after the whistle…the kid was stood up and was driving his legs…RV kid was trying to pull him back and did a supplex….don’t think it was intended to be that….could be wrong. I’m not sure that’s a penalty.  

The last play of the half, Hackney is a good kid and im sure wasnt trying to take a dirty shot on anyone but the QB was down, idk if the whistle had blown or not but Gabe definitely hit him after his knees were down.

The play before that was just a clean, hard shot.

A defender isnt allowed to pick a ball carrier up in the air and slam them down, thats a unsportsmanlike penalty.