2D First Round: #7 Tazewell @ #2 Ridgeview

SwvaOG

1 hour ago, redtiger said:

The last play of the half, Hackney is a good kid and im sure wasnt trying to take a dirty shot on anyone but the QB was down, idk if the whistle had blown or not but Gabe definitely hit him after his knees were down.

The play before that was just a clean, hard shot.

A defender isnt allowed to pick a ball carrier up in the air and slam them down, thats a unsportsmanlike penalty.

That was actually Honaker with the late hit, not Hackney

12 hours ago, redtiger said:

The last play of the half, Hackney is a good kid and im sure wasnt trying to take a dirty shot on anyone but the QB was down, idk if the whistle had blown or not but Gabe definitely hit him after his knees were down.

The play before that was just a clean, hard shot.

A defender isnt allowed to pick a ball carrier up in the air and slam them down, thats a unsportsmanlike penalty.

You are exactly right as I saw it.  it was the final play where the real cheap shot was at that Creasy laid on the ground for a bit.  The previous one was a clean hard hit.

I've seen us get flagged for the exact same picking a player up before regardless whistle blown or not.  So glad that there is someone on the opposing side that sees the facts of it.  Did it affect the game not calling the penalties, no.  Well the late hit that rocked him might have but it is what it is.  RV came out on fire on defense and the mistakes by Tazewell doomed them from the first muffed punt.  Take away that and maybe it was a different game.

The better team yesterday came out ahead.  I still stand by the fact that I see nothing that says Oquinn is better than Creasy or vice versa.  Manning and Brady two of the best QBs of all time but who won more championships.

I don't know what caused Taylor to kick a defender nor will I try to make an excuse for it but you have to wonder if possibly it was provoked.  Still no excuse for it.

Last point, I agree about the vanilla play calling.  Should have come out airing it out.  Wind was at your back in first quarter so throw the bombs.  Anyway til next year we wait.  For the rest of this year, go Gmen!  Also be pulling strong for Va High next week after their gutsy performance last night and hope that Jones is ok.

5 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

You are exactly right as I saw it.  it was the final play where the real cheap shot was at that Creasy laid on the ground for a bit.  The previous one was a clean hard hit.

I've seen us get flagged for the exact same picking a player up before regardless whistle blown or not.  So glad that there is someone on the opposing side that sees the facts of it.  Did it affect the game not calling the penalties, no.  Well the late hit that rocked him might have but it is what it is.  RV came out on fire on defense and the mistakes by Tazewell doomed them from the first muffed punt.  Take away that and maybe it was a different game.

The better team yesterday came out ahead.  I still stand by the fact that I see nothing that says Oquinn is better than Creasy or vice versa.  Manning and Brady two of the best QBs of all time but who won more championships.

I don't know what caused Taylor to kick a defender nor will I try to make an excuse for it but you have to wonder if possibly it was provoked.  Still no excuse for it.

Last point, I agree about the vanilla play calling.  Should have come out airing it out.  Wind was at your back in first quarter so throw the bombs.  Anyway til next year we wait.  For the rest of this year, go Gmen!  Also be pulling strong for Va High next week after their gutsy performance last night and hope that Jones is ok.

It was not a late hit please note the pic of that play

1C21951C-BBD9-46FA-8D8F-CBF4E32933F6.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Counts said:

It was not a late hit please note the pic of that play

1C21951C-BBD9-46FA-8D8F-CBF4E32933F6.jpeg

In all that blurriness it sure looks to me like the jersey says 87 and not 9.  Last I checked it doesn't matter if an offensive lineman is down or not

8 minutes ago, stu_bean said:

In all that blurriness it sure looks to me like the jersey says 87 and not 9.  Last I checked it doesn't matter if an offensive lineman is down or not

Understand hope this helps2C5E2A32-00F4-4DE8-82ED-2A7E23FA47AC.jpeg.6001007e85194d3c2aed37a5cf6fa085.jpeg

BBE2266D-B3CA-401C-B3D7-7B8317F40213.jpeg

B4D53127-C1B6-4552-A1A0-0EA67F6C8581.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bman74 said:

Sorry b man but you all ain’t tough enough. And crease is good for about a 6-8 yard pass. I get it you butt hurt but your coaches need to get your boys tougher

On 11/12/2022 at 4:51 PM, Dobb83 said:

never was in doubt not sure what team he would start on in D besides tazewell.

You honestly think Richlands, Central, Marion, Battle wouldn’t start him over what they had?? You put Creasey in the backfield with Brown at Richlands and that’s probably worth a couple extra wins.  

21 minutes ago, Bman74 said:

Sorry b man but you all ain’t tough enough. And crease is good for about a 6-8 yard pass. I get it you butt hurt but your coaches need to get your boys tougher

well said

2 hours ago, Observer said:

I had never seen Creasy play in person until Saturday. Like someone said previously, he’s only good for about a 6-10 yard pass. His throwing mechanics are not very good at all. 

I agree with this, super good athlete and great at short passes. He’s got a hitch in his throw though. I really think he’d be very beneficial on the defensive side of the ball. I’m not sure why they don’t utilize him more in that way. 

2 hours ago, Observer said:

I had never seen Creasy play in person until Saturday. Like someone said previously, he’s only good for about a 6-10 yard pass. His throwing mechanics are not very good at all. 

Part of the problem there is you didn't see him throw anything until after he was hurt and yes the mechanics were off there.

Is what it was but would love to have seen this game on even territory.  Dry field no rough winds and see what would have happened.  RV probably still wins as their defense was one of the better I have seen this year but do believe Dogs would have had a better showing at least

16 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I'm sure Ridgeview wasn't impressed by Tazewell either... Lol

I wasn't impressed by tazewell. I was down right pissed. It seems that since week 1 they have went down. I'm not blaming the boys. I blame coaches. This team is good. But if they ain't prepared and ready to go. It was going be blow out. 

On 11/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, foosballer said:

Ridgeview will win this one. I'm not sure it will be close either. 

On 11/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, CPF said:

The delusion continues......

Clearly......thinking a 7th seed 3rd place SWD team will come in an play with the top team from the M7. The only team that has a chance to beat RV is RV and Graham....and in that order. 

As far as QB comparison, wait till the RV and Graham game and compare stats between the two. Would like to see stats for both when paying quality opponents. Chucking TD's vs subpar defenses shouldn't win accolades.    

30 minutes ago, foosballer said:

Clearly......thinking a 7th seed 3rd place SWD team will come in an play with the top team from the M7. The only team that has a chance to beat RV is RV and Graham....and in that order. 

As far as QB comparison, wait till the RV and Graham game and compare stats between the two. Would like to see stats for both when paying quality opponents. Chucking TD's vs subpar defenses shouldn't win accolades.    

It will be interesting to see how Ridgeview adjusts to Graham’s line. That was the difference in last years match up. Once Graham started getting pressure Ridgeview didn’t have an answer. Graham is returning almost the same Defensive front as played in that game.

As we speculate they both need to be worrying about this weeks match up first. Hopefully we get Ridgeview vs Graham again.

I watched Va High -Lee High,Lee was running great,I am sorry for the QB getting hurt, the backup QB was way better, he took control of the game,threw the ball as good as any team, should be good game, but alot false starts on both sides,I want rematch, but don't count GC out.

3 hours ago, foosballer said:

The quality common opponent between RV and Graham is Bluefield and the only stat that matters is Graham won and RV lost

2 hours ago, Packman15 said:

I watched Va High -Lee High,Lee was running great,I am sorry for the QB getting hurt, the backup QB was way better, he took control of the game,threw the ball as good as any team, should be good game, but alot false starts on both sides,I want rematch, but don't count GC out.

I can assure you that neither the Graham coaches, players, nor fans are counting out Gate City. Tony Palmer & his staff do a great job of keeping the boys focused on the task at hand and not looking ahead. I believe RV’s former coach told Tony Palmer after last year’s championship game, he’d see Graham again next year & the outcome would be different. Now, that’s looking ahead 😂😂😂. 

33 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I can assure you that neither the Graham coaches, players, or fans are counting out Gate City. Tony Palmer & his staff do a great job of keeping the boys focused on the task at hand and not looking ahead. I believe RV’s former coach told Tony Palmer after last year’s championship game, he’d see Graham again next year & the outcome would be different. Now, that’s looking ahead 😂😂😂. 

Well that was certainly a lie, he is not even coaching Ridgeview.