2D First Round: #7 Tazewell @ #2 Ridgeview

SwvaOG

On 11/12/2022 at 11:39 PM, THS6805 said:

Everybody has their opinions. Yes tazewell lost. But wasnt impressed by ridgeview. Y'all may make funny of us tazewell people. Good luck rest of playoff. Y'all will need it. 

It sounds like you’re mad cause them blue collar dickenson county boys played a little more smashmouth football than them city kids could handle.

And I know you all love the harris kid, but he would be a top 3 option for ridgeview, and he ain’t 1 and 2

4 minutes ago, Small mouth wrangler said:

It sounds like you’re mad cause them blue collar dickenson county boys played a little more smashmouth football than them city kids could handle.

And I know you all love the harris kid, but he would be a top 3 option for ridgeview, and he ain’t 1 and 2

Uhhh. Since when is Tazewell, Virginia a “city?” Lol

20 minutes ago, Small mouth wrangler said:

Those City kids from Tazewell have become soft with their Sonic and Hardee's and "internet."  That red light district out in Frog Level is equally full of pimps, ho's, and John's. Just too much city in em there in Tazewell.

26 minutes ago, Small mouth wrangler said:

“Blue Collar” , you think Tazewell is full of white collar folks 😂, the “big city” of Tazewell is about as rural blue collar as you can get , lol. Enjoyed the laugh though! 😂

14 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I can assure you that neither the Graham coaches, players, nor fans are counting out Gate City. Tony Palmer & his staff do a great job of keeping the boys focused on the task at hand and not looking ahead. I believe RV’s former coach told Tony Palmer after last year’s championship game, he’d see Graham again next year & the outcome would be different. Now, that’s looking ahead 😂😂😂

Well maybe all their fans aren't looking ahead but one certainly was back in week 6 wondering if they would host the semifinal?  Wonder who that was again?  😄

12 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Uhhh. Since when is Tazewell, Virginia a “city?” Lol

Well, compared to Rose Ridge, Tazewell is a thriving metropolis by comparison.  😄

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Well maybe all their fans aren't looking ahead but one certainly was back in week 6 wondering if they would host the semifinal?  Wonder who that was again?  😄

Well, compared to Rose Ridge, Tazewell is a thriving metropolis by comparison.  😄

Inquiring if your team can outpoint another team to get to play at home if you make the playoffs isn’t really looking ahead but if you want to call it that , I’m guilty. 😂😂

Anyone that’s been on this board for any length of time can attest to my stance that it’s always one game at a time & stay focused on the week at hand. 

As far as Rose Ridge, that campus is quite impressive. I’ve seen lots of high schools in my day & compared to the thriving metropolis of Tazewell & the high schools in Tazewell County, Ridgeview is above & beyond as far as facilities in my opinion. (That’s a compliment by the way, lol)! 😉

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

Inquiring if your team can outpoint another team to get to play at home if you make the playoffs isn’t really looking ahead but if you want to call it that , I’m guilty. 😂😂

Anyone that’s been on this board for any length of time can attest to my stance that it’s always one game at a time & stay focused on the week at hand. 

As far as Rose Ridge, that campus is quite impressive. I’ve seen lots of high schools in my day & compared to the thriving metropolis of Tazewell & the high schools in Tazewell County, Ridgeview is above & beyond as far as facilities in my opinion. (That’s a compliment by the way, lol)! 😉

I just like giving you grief, because I know I can and you take it in stride.  Lol

3 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I just like giving you grief, because I know I can and you take it in stride.  Lol

Yeah, I ain’t going to get my boxers in a wad & go off and cause GMan to drop the hammer on me, lol. I’m a big boy, I can take it!  😂😂😂. I don’t own any Charmin stock 😂😂😂

Honestly, the Ridgeview campus is nice! I was very impressed the first time I saw it. That’s a good use of tax dollars. 

27 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Yeah, I ain’t going to get my boxers in a wad & go off and cause GMan to drop the hammer on me, lol. I’m a big boy, I can take it!  😂😂😂. I don’t own any Charmin stock 😂😂😂

Honestly, the Ridgeview campus is nice! I was very impressed the first time I saw it. That’s a good use of tax dollars. 

Have to agree with one of the best stadiums I've been to.  Central take note on what a new stadium should be like.

I'll rank it second on my list behind Honaker.  Only reason Honaker is better in my opinion is that you are sitting right on top of the action.

4 hours ago, stu_bean said:

Have to agree with one of the best stadiums I've been to.  Central take note on what a new stadium should be like.

I'll rank it second on my list behind Honaker.  Only reason Honaker is better in my opinion is that you are sitting right on top of the action.

That’s why I rank John Battle so high. You are right on top of the action. 

On 11/15/2022 at 11:02 AM, stu_bean said:

Central and Ridgeview are carbon copies of each other.

23 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Central and Ridgeview are carbon copies of each other.

With one exception, and it's a big one. The elevation of the visitor bleachers at Ridgeview are much higher than Central's. I've sat on the top row at Central, and can still just barely see over the players' heads in comparison.

1 minute ago, Union_Fan said:

With one exception, and it's a big one. The elevation of the visitor bleachers at Ridgeview are much higher than Central's. I've sat on the top row at Central, and can still just barely see over the players' heads in comparison.

Exactly this

On 11/14/2022 at 2:07 PM, foosballer said:

Clearly......thinking a 7th seed 3rd place SWD team will come in an play with the top team from the M7. The only team that has a chance to beat RV is RV and Graham....and in that order. 

You know tazewell only lost 1 district game. It was to graham. Tazewell was 7th seed but swd #2. They beat va high in week 1.