Just because I'm bored the data is there... 1A playoffs for the West bracket if still under the East/West system

SW_VA_boy

1 - Galax

16 - Covington

8 - Rye Cove

9 - Holston

4 - Narrows

13 - JI Burton

5 - Twin Springs

12 - Hurley

3 - PH - Glade Spring

14 - Giles

6 - Grundy

11 - Lebanon

7 - Grayson Co.

10 - Honaker

2 - George Wythe

15 - Rural Retreat

Only tie in points was Narrows and Twin Springs. Narrows wins the tie breaker with better record vs the one common opponent

I liked this system and wouldn't mind seeing the VHSL go back to it.

For giggles and grins, ran it out for the same format with 2A. 7 of the 8 first round games would definately be the exact same as they are scheduled to be this weekend.  I don't say all because Chatham and Central would be tied in points for the 16 seed and I have no idea how that tie would be broke so it very well could be all 8 games would've have been the same.  Not the result I expected. 

I agree.  But the travel really isn't as bad as I think it is thought to be.  Honker to Independence and Norton to Narrows are 2 to 2 and half hour rides but it's still well within the travel times that are happening with the current set up.  Bath to Galax and Hurley to PH are similar drives happening this week.  I will grant you though, Bath County to Thomas Walker would be rough.  Especially if the winner had a similar ride the next week on top of that.

17 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

1 - Galax

16 - Covington

8 - Rye Cove

9 - Holston

4 - Narrows

13 - JI Burton

5 - Twin Springs

12 - Hurley

3 - PH - Glade Spring

14 - Giles

6 - Grundy

11 - Lebanon

7 - Grayson Co.

10 - Honaker

2 - George Wythe

15 - Rural Retreat

Only tie in points was Narrows and Twin Springs. Narrows wins the tie breaker with better record vs the one common opponent

I liked this system and wouldn't mind seeing the VHSL go back to it.

Tuffness ov scedgule wud kill green water teem .  1 mo ask.   Y one winger’s play awesomeess scedgule pared two green water crew cuts ? 

me and Unk vern fite n holler  over dis. 

18 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

I agree.  But the travel really isn't as bad as I think it is thought to be.  Honker to Independence and Norton to Narrows are 2 to 2 and half hour rides but it's still well within the travel times that are happening with the current set up.  Bath to Galax and Hurley to PH are similar drives happening this week.  I will grant you though, Bath County to Thomas Walker would be rough.  Especially if the winner had a similar ride the next week on top of that.

I agree. Wish VHSL would have kept this system. Getting to see different teams added more excitment to the playoffs than seeing the same teams over and over. A lot more travel I agree but its not as bad as you might think.

I know this has already been stated that the 1st round games would be the same in class 2 the second round games are far more interesting

Graham still awaits the winner of Gate City/Union which I thought would be different but ended up not changing

If chalk holds though Ridgeview would match up with Glenvar

Martinsville gets Appo instead of Glenvar admittedly I know very little about 2C but with Appos recent success I think I would rather play Glenvar

And the best match up of the group would be the Bobcats vs the Bearcats. Crist vs his old stomping grounds. That would settle once and for all some of the talk of if he should have left or not 

On 11/11/2022 at 1:04 PM, redtiger said:

Covington to Haysi was a long one too

Was that the year Covington beat Northwood in round 1 and shut out Honaker at Honaker in round 2? If so that was two long road trips back to back for Covington.